Profile for Ms Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ms Johnson RSS Feed (Temple Hills, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America
Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America
by Nathan McCall
Price: $13.13
374 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY GOOD BOOK, September 1, 2004
Nathan McCall is a very deep individual. I enjoyed his book as well as his insight - I really admired the way he explained his emotions and reasons for his behavoir growing up as a black man in America.

The Prisoner's Wife : A Memoir
The Prisoner's Wife : A Memoir
by Asha Bandele
Price: $13.15
94 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars What a love story, August 12, 2004
I recommend this book - I enjoyed reading this love story mostly because it wasn't typical

As We Lay: A Novel (Strivers Row)
As We Lay: A Novel (Strivers Row)
by Darlene Johnson
47 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, August 4, 2004
This was a very good book with a very good twist. When I first began to read the book it bored me with to much dialogue but as the story went on it just got better and better. The story was very insightful to me as a woman - I don't condone having an affair but it diminished alot of stereotypes that I had regarding women that deal with married men. I recommend this book especially to any woman that is trying to keep her man!

Before I Let Go: A Novel
Before I Let Go: A Novel
by Darren Coleman
Price: $13.46
74 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I Enjoyed the Drama, August 2, 2004
This book was really good and really shocking. It was funny and interesting - I loved reading this book from a male point of view and I really got to know and look forward to the characters - The only thing I didn't like was the way the book ended. I think he was wrong in his decision but that's just my opinion. Pick up before I let go and you will not want to let go of that book once you pick it up!

Black (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
Black (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
by Tracy Brown
Price: $13.21
45 used & new from $1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, August 2, 2004
This story was so deep - I felt every emotion that Kai went through; I had to hold in my tears several times. This book was very easy to relate to I was so mad that this story ended - I never wanted it to stop! I could truly relate to Kaia when it came to her love for Aaron and her love for her child regardless of the negative issues surronding her. (This book can stand toe to toe with The Coldest Winter Ever) Tracy Brown is an excellent writer!!

Homo Thug
Homo Thug
by Asante Kahari
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, July 15, 2004
This review is from: Homo Thug (Paperback)
HOMOTHUG - IS JUST A DOWNLOW BROTHER WITH A THUG MENTALITY... LADIES PLEASE BEWARE.

This was a good book! I could not put this book down - you will look at men alot differently I want every female and male to read this book. It's supposed to be a true story. I wont tell you what happened because that would ruin the story but you have got to get this book immediately. I can't believe I'm the first reviewer of this book. Don't let this title fool you - This book is really interesting.
Note: 50Cent Fans & Lloyd Banks fans this book will make you think!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, July 13, 2004
I read this book to long ago to get into detail but I remember that it was a good book that kept me interested. I recommend it!

Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary
Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary
by Jasmine Guy
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD BOOK, July 13, 2004
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. Afeni Shakur is a really interesting lady and so is the story. Evolution of a Revolutionary was written perfectly - I was suprised at how good of a writer Jasmine Guy was. I recommend this book to all readers - I'm sure whoever reads this book will learn at least one lesson!

From Niggas to Gods, Part One
From Niggas to Gods, Part One
by Akil
23 used & new from $11.65

5.0 out of 5 stars READ BLACK PEOPLE, July 2, 2004
Very interesting book = the author kept my attention throughout the whole book I even had to laugh at the way he writes to his audience. This book is a must read for African Americans you will look at things differently and learn alot about this world that we live in. Don't be blind make sure you add this to your book list.

All the Women I've Loved
All the Women I've Loved
by Byron Harmon
Price: $11.55
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, June 29, 2004
This book was really cute! I enjoyed this book from the first page - it would make a really good movie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6