Profile for Seymour M. Pelton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Seymour M. Pelton RSS Feed (Bainbridge, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Deni 7200 Food Dehydrator 6 Trays - Preserve Fruit, Herbs, Vegetables & Make Jerky

5.0 out of 5 stars ... heat controller that stopped working which rendered the unit useless. The Deni is simplicity itself, November 26, 2014
My former dehydrator had a digital heat controller that stopped working which rendered the unit useless. The Deni is simplicity itself, It has an on off switch a heater and the quietest fan, so quiet in fact that the only way you know its working is by feeling the air coming out. Using it in the house I measured the temperature by using a digital probe it read 150 degrees. It has no way of controlling the internal temperature so if you must have a specific temperature you will have to get a dehydrator with a thermostat. For me it does a fine job and is very easy to clean as I just throw the trays into the top tray of my dishwasher.

Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Lid Lifter, Black
Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Lid Lifter, Black
Price: $16.46
16 used & new from $15.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 26, 2014
Excellent can opener, easy to turn and use.

Dickies Men's Short Sleeve Coverall, Khaki, Medium Regular
Dickies Men's Short Sleeve Coverall, Khaki, Medium Regular
Price: $23.94
10 used & new from $23.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickies coveral, November 23, 2014
I have worn Dickies coveralls before and expected the leg length to be too long but that is so easy to correct. First I weigh 136 lbs and am 5' 7". I don't expect to be a fashion model in coveralls but I expect comfort. When I am working and raise my hands above my head I don't want to be constrained in my nether region and am not. The size that works for me is medium regular, but expect to cut off about 4 to 5 inches on the legs. They are good coveralls.

Sun Joe Mow Joe MJ407E 20-Inch Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Electric Lawn Mower
Sun Joe Mow Joe MJ407E 20-Inch Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Electric Lawn Mower
Price: $179.96
35 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always used electric Mowers and since I am ..., August 23, 2014
I have always used electric Mowers and since I am 85 it gives you an idea of how long. I simply don't care for the smell of a gas Mower and pull to start and much prefer the fragrance of fresh cut grass and starting at the gentle pull of a lever. This Mower compares favorably to the Black and Decker 19 inch that died on me with a burned out Motor. This Mower seems easier to push to me and even though it has a 20 inch blade ample power for my grass. I have only cut my grass twice since it was purchased so I can not speak for its durability as yet, if I am still around next year I may add to this review.

Presto 05466 Stainless Steel  Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
Price: $49.00
55 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job of making good french fries., April 16, 2014
What I have learned over time is that if you want non greasy french fries, you need a deep fryer that reaches 375 to 400 degrees in temperature and recovers rapidly after placing the cool fries in to be cooked in the hot oil. The Presto 05466 does all of this and makes great french fries. I measured the temperature with a digital thermometer and it registered 400 degrees when the heat light went off. After putting the fries in the light came on and then off again while still cooking the fries. This told me my new deep fryer has more than enough heating capacity to do its intended job as it recovered rapidly. My old deep fryer never got above 350 and once the fries were put in to be cooked the heat light stayed on. This Presto is quite large and does take up counter space, but then it was made for a family to enjoy. I am very pleased with it.

Sportsman FFCD Cast Iron Commercial Quality French Fry Cutter
Sportsman FFCD Cast Iron Commercial Quality French Fry Cutter
Price: $72.00
10 used & new from $72.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sportsman FFCD Cast Iron Commercial Quality French Fry Cutter, March 5, 2014
This is the first and only french fry cutter I have ever used so take what I have to say on that basis. It is large, heavy, and looks as if it can be handed down to future generations if the slightest care is given it. The first time I used it it was with the smaller of the cutter blades, the 3/8 inch size. This was so difficult I almost went back to frozen french fries. I managed to cut a few potatoes with the smaller cutter and noticed the blades were bending slightly causing the problem. The next time I used the machine I used the larger cutter blades the 1/2 inch, and was pleasantly surprised as with a strong pull down the potatoes went straight through. I noticed no bending of the blades as I cut through the potatoes. I am using the suction cups that came with the machine and that does increase the level of difficulty as I have to keep it from sliding on the counter when I use it. But it is really no problem and I do enjoy using it. I do not know if I have a defective 3/8 inch cutter but decided not to worry about it since I like the larger cut fry's better anyway and never intend to go back to the 3/8 cutter. Cleaning after use is very simple and easy. The 4 stars are because of the problem with the 3/8 cutter blades.

Garmin nüvi 42LM 4.3-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps (US)
Garmin nüvi 42LM 4.3-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps (US)
Offered by Excess Goods
Price: Click here to see our price
90 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Garmin quality, April 23, 2013
After years of use my old Garmin stopped working. Since I was very happy with how dependable and accurate my old Garmin had been I purchased another and this time one with life time maps. I have already used this one on a trip and it worked perfectly.

XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Decline Ab Bench XM-4416
XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Decline Ab Bench XM-4416
Offered by Bayou Fitness
Price: $153.12

5.0 out of 5 stars I ended up buying two XMark fitness Ab Bench's, February 15, 2013
After having just past my 84th birthday I looked at my old incline board that had foam padding and a pillow atop it and decided I deserved something better. The foam padding and the pillow were needed to keep my tailbone from being rubbed raw since I did situps every day, a habit I got into many years ago. Since the new incline board would undoubtably be the last one I would ever need I wanted it to have plenty of padding, be built stoutly, and to have a wide angle of incline adjustment. I chose the XMark fitness adjustable Ab Bench and ended up being a happy buyer. The Ab Bench is built like a Sherman Tank, is very adjustable as to angle of incline, and last but not least is comfortable. Since having purchased mine and being pleased with it I purchased another and sent it as a gift to my Son and Grandchildren.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 10:28 AM PST

Wusthof 4455 10-Inch Sharpening Steel, Ceramic
Wusthof 4455 10-Inch Sharpening Steel, Ceramic
Offered by Chefs Corner Store
Price: $49.95
24 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wusthof sharpening Ceramic rod satisfies my sharpening requirements., January 14, 2013
I have used many methods over the years to sharpen knives. Since the word sharp is subjective first then let me clarify what the term sharp means to me. The ability of the knife to cut thin slices from a tomato or to shave the hair from your arm easily. I have found that if I achieve that level of sharpness I have a knife that is a pleasure to use in the kitchen or in the field. The Wusthof has a grit of 800 and is coarse enough (and is so much harder than a steel) that it has the ability to put an edge on a knife rather than just straighten an edge as a steel would do. I have found it to be so easy to use I have stopped using any other method.of sharpening.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $34.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, December 7, 2012
Is a good looking and protective cover for my Paperwhite Kindle but that is not why I gave it 5 stars. The ease with which it allows me to start and stop my Kindle by simply opening or closing the cover is the reason it was given. I have large hands and not particularly sensitive fingers and finding the little on off push button on the bottom of the Kindle in a dimly lighted room was sometimes frustrating. Now this is no longer a problem and I am very pleased with this elegant solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4