Profile for EB White > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EB White "willieb" RSS Feed (Orem, UT USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mary Poppins (2005 Original London Cast)
Mary Poppins (2005 Original London Cast)
29 used & new from $13.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonically not as good as the Australian Live Cast Recording, November 14, 2013
Sonically this recording suffers. A better recording is the Australian Live Cast Recording. I was a little disappointed in the dynamics of the sound as compared to the Australian version. Great musical play.

Mary Poppins: The Live Cast Recording
Mary Poppins: The Live Cast Recording
Price: $13.68
37 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the 2005 Original London Cast recording, November 14, 2013
This is such a great recording, especially since it was recorded live. I think, however, they should have made it clear on the cover that it is the Australian cast. I thought I was ordering the London cast, so I ordered the 2005 Original London Cast, too. This one is, by far, the better of the two. The sonic and dynamic sound is superb.

Evita (15th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Evita (15th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Madonna
Price: $15.76
34 used & new from $11.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Fans are in for a Treat, May 24, 2013
The only USA DVD edition of this great Webber musical was in non-anamorphic format. This will be a treat for all who wished this film could have been seen as it was meant to be seen in its 9 X 16 aspect ratio. This Blu-ray transfer is very well done for both sight and sound.

Spencer's Mountain
Spencer's Mountain
DVD ~ Maureen O'Hara
Price: $4.85
56 used & new from $3.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Anamorphic DVD, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Spencer's Mountain (DVD)
A good family film finally in anamorphic format. Henry Fonda at his best. A time when life was simpler and families closer.

Jean De Florette / Manon of the Spring (Double Feature)
Jean De Florette / Manon of the Spring (Double Feature)
DVD ~ Yves Montand
Price: $15.24
43 used & new from $6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish they were on Blu-ary, May 24, 2013
These two French films deserve a Blu-ray release, but it is nice to have both films together. The story told is not complete without seeing both films. There is some nudity, but from a distance, so viewer discretion is advised. A story of regrets but too late for forgiveness. A lesson we all need to learn before it is too late for us.

Hello Dolly! [Blu-ray]
Hello Dolly! [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Barbra Streisand
Price: $15.22
22 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Doll of a Film, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Hello Dolly! [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Fox could have taken this transfer one step higher with a 4K release, but, still Dolly looks and sounds great on this Blu-ray release. Musical fans will love this release.

Funny Girl [Blu-ray]
Funny Girl [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Barbra Streisand
Price: $16.99
26 used & new from $12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful 4K transfer, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Funny Girl [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This film has never looked or sounded better. Thank you Columbia for taking the time to do this movie to disc so very well. Blu-ray fans will be so very pleased.

Rise of the Guardians (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Chris Pine
Price: $24.96
51 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see in 3D, May 24, 2013
Great family film and especially good in 3D. Children viewing this film should be old enough to understand good and evil. It could be frightening to very young children. The animation is first class. The character North might be troublesome to some people. St. Nick with tattoos on his arms. One arm says, "Naughty" and the other says, "Nice."

Divertimenti  [Includes Blu-Ray Audio and Hybrid SACD Discs]
Divertimenti [Includes Blu-Ray Audio and Hybrid SACD Discs]
Price: $37.65
12 used & new from $22.52

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, May 16, 2013
The "first" music only Blu-ray. I have lots of SACDs that sound ten times better. Don't buy this unless you listen first. This type of music is wonderful for some, but because it is strictly strings (and it is clearly packaged as such) many will be disappointed in the lack of dynamics that this format is capable of offering. I really didn't do my homework before purchase. For those who love strings only, this Blu-ray is for you. I have no idea why it is so pricey. For me, it wasn't worth half what I paid. In fact, I wish I knew someone I could give it to and not have them offended.

Midway [Blu-ray]
Midway [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Charlton Heston
Price: $10.99
24 used & new from $10.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Specs don't look good, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Midway [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have not seen this new Blu-ray release, but the specs don't look good. What happened to the DTS 5.1(or even 7.1) surround track that has been requested from Universal for years? Why not treat us to the movie we remember seeing and hearing when it was first released? Yes, we at least get a stereo track this time, rather than mono, but, come on, 2.0. Really? What about the bass? Universal should be ashamed. No restoration. I am, however, glad they have chosen to keep the original theatrical version and not add the "made for television" footage. I know it is terrible to review a product before seeing it, but, again, I'm just responding to the specs given by amazon. I hope I'm proven wrong when the Blu-ray actually arrives for us to see (and hear). I'd love to give this great movie five stars. Here's hoping you come through Universal. At $12.99, is there much hope? (Remember what CBS did to My Fair Lady?)
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 8:59 AM PDT