Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 428

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect adaptation, February 2, 2016
Great story, chilling and well acted. Can't wait for season 2!

Made in the A.M.
Made in the A.M.
Price: $11.79
90 used & new from $0.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pop album, November 13, 2015
This review is from: Made in the A.M. (Audio CD)
1D came a long way as they have recorded their 5 albums...their first album of straight bubble gum boy band was a guilty pleasure. No shame in that. But the 5 guys had a surprisingly strong vision for the direction that they wished to take their music, honing their songcraft somewhat and maturing the instrumentation. Four was actually a very strong album, and one that any pop band should be pleased to put out. Zayn left, and many felt that this was the death knell for 1D. I'm pleased to say that Made in the A.M. is probably the strongest album that they have yet made. "Perfect" is a fantastic gem of an earworm, Love You Goodbye and History both pull at hearstrings pretty well. Harmonies are tight and impressive, and the entire album comes off like a good time had with friends. If this turns out to be 1D's last album, it is a good one to end on. I suspect that this is not the end, however, and that these guys may continue to make music for a long time. Here's hoping they continue to grow.

1989
1989
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt love letter from one songwriter to another, September 21, 2015
This review is from: 1989 (MP3 Music)
I love Ryan Adams. Against my better judgement, I have come to also love Taylor Swift--and at her best, I think she is a very fine song writer. I also really love it when talented people cover really good songs in an original manner. When I heard that Ryan was covering 1989 as if he were covering Nebraska by Springsteen, I knew I wanted a listen. Damn if he didn't knock it out of the park. He is in awesome voice, and his instrumentation is neither spare nor overbearing....it really is like he treated all of these songs like his own children, this album can easily stand up to anything that Ryan has done on his own (and that says a lot) and is a viable alternative to Tay's own outstanding effort. His version of Blank space is naked, painful, a paean to loneliness. Style becomes a funky, punky strut. Shake it off starts with a greasy organ and a rim shot and soon becomes a romp through a haunting nightmare of misunderstanding and isolation. Amazing. When the pedal steel kicks in...I got chills. Listen, if you love Tay and are not scared to see how her songs stand up to reinterpretation, you will love this with good reason. If you love Ryan, yiu will go nuts for this bad boy, heart on the sleeve love letter to some great songwriting. Nonstop awesome. Check it out, give it to your friends.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2015 6:01 PM PST

Condition Of The Heart
Condition Of The Heart
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highlight of his oeuvre., September 11, 2015
This review is from: Condition Of The Heart (MP3 Music)
Under appreciated song....a real highlight not just from this wonderful album but frankly from his entire amazing career. Beautiful, overwrought yet at its heart a simple tale of those who are doomed to unhappiness, unable to find the right love. Beautiful.

Chummie Elite Bedwetting Alarm for Children and Deep Sleepers - Award Winning Bedwetting Alarm System with Loud Sounds and Strong Vibrations, Orange
Price: $79.95
13 used & new from $79.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Chummie works as advertised., March 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 8 year old wets the bed at night pretty frequently, and we were eager to try this. The device works very well for what it does--it senses even the tiniest drop of wetness and then makes a loud noise. For that reason, I gave it 5 stars. It is easy to use, it is small, it is discreet (at least until it makes a noise!). I think that this is a nice form factor for a useful product.

Perky-Pet 210PB Pinch Waist Glass Hummingbird Feeder with Free Nectar
Perky-Pet 210PB Pinch Waist Glass Hummingbird Feeder with Free Nectar
Price: $11.38
22 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hummingbird feeder., October 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Easy to use, the birds liked it, but it fell and broke. Be careful as you set it up that it is nice and stable. While it was with us, it was great, because hummingbirds make a beautiful addition to the garden.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 9:12 AM PST

Half a King (Shattered Sea)
Half a King (Shattered Sea)
by Joe Abercrombie
Price: $19.10
123 used & new from $4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new novel by a genuine Fantasy Master, October 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is FANTASTIC. I absolutely devoured it. Joe Abercrombie writes a fantastic tale, but his novels are usually quite graphic. this one is grim, but never inappropriate for teens. His writing is wonderful. I have given copies of it to several of my nephews, who all like it also. Great fun. Pick up a copy.

WrightSock Men's Coolmesh Ii 4 Pack Double Layer Socks, White, Medium
WrightSock Men's Coolmesh Ii 4 Pack Double Layer Socks, White, Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Good socks, but a little thinner than I expected, April 23, 2014
I like these socks. I've been running with them, and they are good--but are a little less padded than my Thorlo socks. I got a different pair of wright-socks as well, a thicker pair, and those are better for longer distances. This is a good intermediate running sock. They definitely keep my feet cool.

Quartet Dry Erase Markers, EnduraGlide, Chisel Tip, BOLD COLOR, Assorted Colors, 4 Pack (5001M)
Offered by Junipers'
Price: $8.58
53 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good markers, but a little dusty, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All dry erase markers make dust when you erase them, no big deal, but these seem to make a little more than the usual ones that I use. The color is bright and easy to see from a distance, and flows smoothly onto the white board. A solid product.

Hoover WindTunnel MAX Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright, UH70607
Hoover WindTunnel MAX Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright, UH70607

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but powerful, works for cat hair, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We go through vacuums pretty quick--we have 3 boys, 6 cats, 3 floors. Our vacuums are put through a lot of trouble and difficulty. My major criteria for a vacuum to be a success is to be able to handle all the cat hair, and I;m happy to report that this one does. The cyclonic bag less format has become my favorite, and this is now my preferred sort of vacuum. This is light enough that we can get it down and up the stairs pretty easily, and my 9 year old can use it effectively in his room. The canister is roomy and easy to clean, and I appreciate the generous cord. A very good vacuum that I am glad to have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20