Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Chun Li > Reviews

Browse

Chun Li's Profile

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chun Li RSS Feed (Anywhere, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Fel-Pro VS50588R  Valve Cover Set
Fel-Pro VS50588R Valve Cover Set
Price: $17.09
50 used & new from $14.86

3.0 out of 5 stars fit 2003 Sienna, but ..., January 31, 2015
I just replaced the front valve cover gasket of my 2003 Sienna, which started to leak oil 3 years ago. The gasket fits well. However the spark plug tube seals have a different shape than the original ones. The inner circle of the original seal has a vertical wall of about 1/4 inch long, which probably seals the tube well. The Fel-Pro seal does not have any vertical inner wall and it would touch the spark plug tube at its tip. I do not know how well it would seal the tube and did not replace the seals because there is no oil leak into the spark plug tubes yet.

There are 9 bolts for the front valve cover. Three of them already were loosened. I added a washer to each bolt and torqued to 69 in-lb following the Toyota specification. Torx socket E6 was needed to remove the electrical rail on top of the cover.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2015 12:00 PM PDT

Denso 234-4163 Oxygen Sensor
Denso 234-4163 Oxygen Sensor
Price: $49.98
52 used & new from $47.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed P0420 for my 2003 Sienna, December 9, 2014
The check engine light for my 2003 Sienna came up two months ago, with code P0420. I erased the code twice, and each time the light would come back after 200-250 miles. P0420 indicates malfunction of catalytic converter. The computer "knows" this by monitoring the output of the sensor (bank 1 sensor 2 on Sienna) after the cat, and it can be misled by a bad sensor. Because the sensor is much more likely to become bad than the cat itself, replacing the sensor would be a natural first attempt to fixing the problem.

The sensor was straightforward to replace. The only hard part was loosening the two 12mm nuts. I partially rounded one because my 3/8" socket and ratchet did not fit the nut at 90 degrees due to limited space. My 1/2" socket and ratchet fit it well. I sprayed PB Blaster beforehand and used a pipe to add torque. Removing the front passenger seat (fastened with 4 bolts) made it easy to unplug and plug the wire.

The voltage of the sensor is now around 0.7V, while the two air fuel sensors give around 3V, all normal values. The check engine light has not come back after 400 miles and counting. (Update in 01/15: 2000 miles and counting.)

Grizzly H6271 Steelex 4-Pc. Pipe Wrench Set 8-Inch, 10-Inch, 14-Inch, 18-Inch
Grizzly H6271 Steelex 4-Pc. Pipe Wrench Set 8-Inch, 10-Inch, 14-Inch, 18-Inch
Offered by dallastexasmedia
Price: $44.00
9 used & new from $16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for me., November 7, 2014
I used these to replace my water heater pressure valve. I thought one pipe wrench would be enough but bought this set because it was cheap. I am glad I bought this because I ended up using three (18", 10", 8") due to limited space available. They worked very well.

HON Nucleus Knit Mesh Back Task Chair with Synchro-Tilt, Seat Glide, Adjustable Arms and Black Mesh Back, Mariner Fabric
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $435.98
23 used & new from $348.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, October 20, 2014
I have used this chair for 3 months and finally gave up. Out of curiosity, I examined how it made me uncomfortable. The main reason is its flat seat that is parallel to the ground. A seat parallel to the ground would be okay for a chair not designed for lots of leaning back. When one leans back on such a seat, the pressure from behind pushes butt muscle forward against the seat, making butt muscle easy to feel uncomfortable after a while. This pressure can be reduced with a slightly tilted seat or one that gives under pressure. Unfortunately, the seat of this chair is flat and not giving.

The lowest height of this chair is about 1-1.5" higher than that of other chairs. This might also have contributed negatively to my comfort level.

La Crosse Technology WT-8002U Digital Wall Clock
La Crosse Technology WT-8002U Digital Wall Clock
Price: $17.92
17 used & new from $15.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issue, September 26, 2014
I bought two of these. The first one was good and I quickly bought a second one. The second one always goes faster, about 5 minutes faster every week, making it useless. Unfortunately I hung it in a guest room and did not notice this problem until after Amazon's 30-day return period. The quality control of these clocks is an issue.

Beck Arnley  084-1523  Drum Brake Hardware Kit
Beck Arnley 084-1523 Drum Brake Hardware Kit
Price: $11.00
14 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for 2003 Sienna, September 14, 2014
This set fits well on my 2003 Sienna. The Toyota repair manual suggests that c-washers for parking brake lever are non-reusable, but it would take 5 bucks to buy just two OEM c-washers. So I went for this kit and replaced all the springs, pins, etc.

Beck Arnley  081-3132  New Brake Shoes
Beck Arnley 081-3132 New Brake Shoes
Price: $28.98
15 used & new from $23.17

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good for 2003 Sienna, September 14, 2014
These brake shoes fit well on my 2003 Sienna. The replacement was actually quite simple. I bought a brake tool set but only used a brake spring compressor for pin removal and installation. I used pliers for everything else. The easiest way to remove the drum is to screw two M8x1.25 bolts into the two holes on the drum to push it out. Then clean everything with brake cleaner, and remove the parts in the following order: top spring, adjusting lever, front shoe pin, bottom spring and front shoe, adjuster, rear shoe pin, rear shoe. Then disconnect the parking brake cable, and separate the parking brake lever from the rear shoe. Installation is reverse. Do not forget to grease all locations that need it, and be careful not to damage the rubber boots of the brake fluid cylinder. Putting back parking brake cable may require more than one person; it took forever myself but less than a minute with a helper. I replaced all the springs, pins, etc. with Beck Arnley 084-1523. I also sanded the drum with fine emery cloth, and removed some brake fluid because the new shoes pushed the fluid level above max.

Purolator A24690 Classic Air Filter
Purolator A24690 Classic Air Filter
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber rim too soft, September 14, 2014
I have used Purolator A24690 for three years on my 2003 Sienna. Its rubber rim is very soft and can easily misshape, creating gaps, when the filter is inserted into the filter box. Although I have been careful inserting the filter every time I checked or replaced it, it still allowed dirt to enter and accumulate in the throttle bodies, eventually causing the engine to stop starting and costing 300 dollars to diagnose and clean.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 6:07 PM PDT

Beck Arnley  045-0345  PCV Valve
Beck Arnley 045-0345 PCV Valve
Price: $6.32
20 used & new from $3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks solid, September 7, 2014
I bought this part thinking I would replace the PCV valve on my 2003 Sienna, which was installed by dealership 5 years ago. It turns out it still works fine. So I did not install this Beck Arnley part but probably will next time I check the PCV valve. This Beck Arnley part looks very solid and comes with sealant on the thread.

Beck Arnley 101-6236 Control Arm
Beck Arnley 101-6236 Control Arm
Price: $68.78
5 used & new from $20.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for 2003 Sienna, September 5, 2014
I just installed Beck Arnley control arms on my 2003 Sienna, with limited but adequate tools. It took me two hours on the first one and nearly an hour on the second one. The extra hour on the first one was to push the whole heavy strut-rotor assembly up and back to place. The control arms were made in Taiwan and came with both Beck Arnley and Toyota part numbers on the package label, making me wonder if they came from the same factory that made the OEM parts.

I would like to share my experience with people like me who have limited tools and knowledge about replacing control arms. Here are the tools I have: impact wrench, deep and shallow metric impact sockets, impact extension bars, torque extension bars, torque wrench, all 1/2 inch, brake cleaner, work light, and of course jacks and jack stands.

Here are the steps: (1) Once the car is on jack stands and wheel is off, remove the three bolt/nuts (one bolt, two nuts, all 17mm) below the ball joint. I had to jack up the rotor a little to allow my impact wrench and shallow socket to go below to remove them. (2) Loosen the two bolts on the front bushing and the bolt on the back bushing (all 19mm). Move the ball joint off the control arm; do not use too much force. (3) Remove the bolts. Do not lose the special-shaped nut for the bolt on the back bushing. (4) There is a small metal piece (called lower suspension bushing stopper) on a bolt hole of the control arm near the front bushing, but it did not come with the new control arms. I removed that metal piece and put it on the new control arm. (5) To install the new control arm, put the back bushing into its position but leave the rest about 90 degrees from their final position. This allows easy alignment of the bolt with its nut. Screw the bolt into the nut as much as possible but do not tighten it. (6) Rotate the control arm to its correct position, screw the bolts back but do not tighten them. (7) Align the ball joint bolts and control arm holes and put the 3 bolt/nuts back. Tighten all bolts and nuts with correct torque (152 ft-lb for the 19mm ones and 94 ft-lb on the 17mm ones). I used an impact wrench with a 150 ft-lb torque extension bar on the 2 bolts near the front bushing, and a torque wrench for the others (no room for a torque extension bar). (8) Clean the rotor with brake cleaner and put the wheel back.

If the heavy strut-rotor assembly was pulled out and down too much, you have to push it back. That took me lots of time on the first one. At one point it seemed the vertical stabilizer bar link was blocking the way making it impossible to push back. But eventually you can push it back. It may be helpful to note where the stabilizer bar link was located relative to the control arm before removing the control arm.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6