Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 394

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This convenient little pouch will not only hold just one tablet, but 2 easily. We have 2 Sony Xperias and we were able to put one in each of the two pockets on the inside of the case. There's also a convenient zipper on the front that makes it easy to store pens, coins, cards, or whatever you can think of that you need immediate access to. There is also a mesh pocket on the front face of the inner pocket that can be used in similar fashion.

It's comfortable to carry, but I wished it did have 2 small metal connections on either side for the option of adding a strap. However, for what it is and what it costs, this is a minor complaint on my part. Also, keep in mind that it's a travel case and has no frills like a kickstand or anything of the sort; this is merely a case to hold a tablet until you need to pull it out and use it. I'd find it pretty handy for the occasional conference that I go to when I don't want to be troubled with having to hold a tablet and a notepad separately.

Cyberlink PhotoDirector 6 Ultra
Cyberlink PhotoDirector 6 Ultra
Offered by LGeOO Electronics
Price: Click here to see our price
13 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If Photoshop Elements had a "lite" version..., December 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
...then this would be it.

I'm not being deregatory about it, but if you're looking for something to simply pick up and go and don't have a Photoshop background, this is definitely up your alley.

Installation was a breeze along with the obligatory entering of an umpteenth million set of a serial code to unlock the software. Thankfully, the unlock key is easy to read and kind to most eyes (no "5"s that looks like a "S", for example).

Your Library will be host to your collection of photos. However, what truly impressed me was the Adjustments menu. Here you have a full suite of controlling multiple color values. However, the true fun for me was looking at the wealth of presets that were available and there are even more you can download...I clicked through each one and although there are a fair number that you won't ever touch, there's something for everyone especially if you're prone to artistic flair.

The Edit menu is definitely targeted for those who "don't like how they look in pictures." Filters like skin smootheners, wrinkle removers, and even...*gasp* a body shaper are amongst the tools available, although these are simply "on the nose" names for many tools that you would label as "distortions" in the Photoshop world. That said, they're definitely labeled for the casual user in mind and you don't have to scratch your head over cryptic icons to find what you need.

There are also Slideshow tools that you can produce and even share on Youtube. Print, as simple as it sounds, is a a tool that gives you the ability to print multiple photos on a page and gives you far better control than Windows does with their poor photo printing tool.

My only complaint is that, unlike Photoshop Elements, I didn't find an easy way to adjust an entire group of photos. One of the things that I liked about Photoshop Elements was being able to select tools like sharpen, remove red eye, and color balance and apply it to an entire folder where it would then open, alter, then save photos on the fly without having to resort to opening each one individually. I didn't find it in the help menu, but if I'm in error, please let me know and I'll correct my review.

That said, this is a pretty worthy tool suite and you can't beat it for the price, especially if you're a casual photographer...recommended!

Vetri-Lysine Plus For Cats, 120 Bite-Sized Soft Chews - 5.29 oz
Vetri-Lysine Plus For Cats, 120 Bite-Sized Soft Chews - 5.29 oz
Price: $15.17
12 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves 'em, December 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm no vet, but we have a 14-year old cat who has been somewhat listless. Most medications or other supplements are an absolute bear to give him and it makes me feel bad to have to resort to force his mouth open in order for him to get better; it's pretty traumatic for me, but I'm sure it's even worse for him.

Thank goodness for these. While not exactly "soft" per se (they're considerably chewy, that's for sure), our cat jumps at the chance to get this...it's almost like opening a container of Pounce treats. He tried it, liked it, and now snaps to attention when he hears this bag opening.

Like I said, I have no vet, but I have heard about Lysine and what I've read in other reviews suggests that it's working for their cats for its intended purpose. Our cat is a little bit perkier these days and I'm hoping that it's a direct benefit of having this supplement.

Trenro PS4 Thumb Grips Edge Series Pro
Trenro PS4 Thumb Grips Edge Series Pro
Price: $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept for PS3, unnecessary for the PS4, December 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I bought a similar product for the PS3 in the past. The PS3's original Dualshock SIXAXIS controller utilized thumbsticks that were a tad on the low side, making the distinction between "finesse" and "brute force" directionality difficult as there was a very low distance between them. Some accessory makers saw this as an opportunity and created thumb grips that effectively increased the radial distance and therefore required more of an arc for the gamer to traverse thus allowing ease for precision shots in games like Call of Duty and also making it more comfortable to game.

These thumb grips attempt the same thing for the PS4 controller. The problem, however, lies in Sony's redesign of the controller that corrects the low radial distance of the past. These thumb grips render the sticks too high, in my opinion, thus resulting in more movement required even for finesse adjustments...so much, in fact, that slight movements appear to do nothing at all. The Sony's redesigned controller, therefore, seems to have been adjusted "just right" for me. Thumb grips were great on the PS3, but I feel that they are unnecessary on the PS4.

The good thing about the grips, however, is that they slip over the sticks for a snug fit and should reduce wear and tear. However, whoever thought that orange was a great addition to a black, white, blue or even camo controller was seriously color-blind...they don't look good at all on any of the 4 controllers that I own.

However, if thumb grips are your thing, the color works for you and if you're looking for a good fit, then have at it!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2014 6:52 PM PST

Taylor 7209 Glass Digital Cal Max Scale
Taylor 7209 Glass Digital Cal Max Scale
Price: $29.99
31 used & new from $22.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but take the calorie feedback with a serious grain of salt..., November 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unpacking this scale, I was immediately impressed by the build of the scale. It is really rock solid and doesn't feel flimsy at all. Stepping on it is also a comfortable experience; you won't get any stability rocking if you don't step on it "just so" and it doesn't slip on our linoleum floor.

On to the features....

The scale is set to allow up to 4 people to program their height, age, and gender. The first parameter, of course, is to allow the scale to easily compute your BMI. The next 2 are used to compute to calculate your calorie intake to MAINTAIN your current weight. This should go without saying, but (and even the instruction manual states this) you should only seek to go on a diet with the aid of a professional. I'm a heavy fellow and the scale indicated that I needed 2,581 calorie intake to maintain my weight which I know is completely false. Why, you ask? Because I actually went through metabolic testing which indicated that I need only 1,400 calories per day; I have an extremely low metabolic rate (aka I don't need much to function) which also happens to be why I gain weight so easily.

While it's an interesting feature, I don't place much credence or value on the calorie feedback so I have docked it one star for that.

Apart from that, it's a great scale and the BMI feedback is good too. Selecting the individual person's feedback is as simple as a couple of toe presses on the scale to find the correct "P#" (i.e. P1, P2, P3 or P4) and then stepping on. The capacity of the scale is 440 pounds and the accuracy is within 0.1 lbs. I had myself weighed at the doctor's office and then immediately weighed myself upon my return to home. While not scientific, I found that the result was within 0.1 lbs of the doctor's office which could easily be attributable to calibration or slight weight variations (water, etc.) during that time.

This is a solid, good scale and I recommend it...just don't take the calorie feedback at face value.

Estes 4609 Syncro X Nano R/C Quadcopter, White
Estes 4609 Syncro X Nano R/C Quadcopter, White
Price: $31.26
14 used & new from $30.87

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As much as I love R/C planes and helicopters, I really wanted this little gizmo (which fits in your hand) to work. However, it was "dead on arrival" for me. The device wouldn't accept a charge when plugged into my desktop (as instructed) and I have tried other laptops in our home and even went to the trouble to hooking it up to an AC powered USB hub. No luck. Hopefully others have had better success than I did.

V8 Protein Shakes, Chocolate Raspberry, 10 Fl Oz (Pack of 24)
V8 Protein Shakes, Chocolate Raspberry, 10 Fl Oz (Pack of 24)
Price: $49.63
2 used & new from $49.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not one that I'd run out for, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had my fair share of protein shakes from powders that I have bought at Costco (some aren't half bad) to pre-prepared shakes like Muscle Milk, etc.

I thought that a chocolate raspberry protein shake sounded intriguingly delicious.

It was decidedly NOT for me. Is it horrific? No, but I can definitely say that it would be more of an acquired taste for me. At first taste, it definitely came across more as a protein shake than as something that was chocolate. The raspberry was there, but almost as a slightly nauseating aftertaste that I got used to as it went down.

After making my way down, I definitely had the impression that this had to be artificially sweetened and was floored when I read 28 grams of sugar on the label. For something that tasted like this, it sure didn't taste like 28 grams of sugar (that's 7 tablespoons of sugar, folks)...certainly made me wonder at what point did the development team keep adding sugar before they held up their hand and shouted, "No, stop! Perfect!" It didn't seem that way.

I let my daughter have a sip and she reported that she liked it (hence the added star), but there is no chance that I'd be handing over a 28g sugar drink for her to consume on a regular basis. She liked it, however, so this might be to SOMEONE'S taste...just not mine.

This is definitely on my "don't recommend" list.

Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors, 8 Inches, 3-Pack (1468-3AMZ)
Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors, 8 Inches, 3-Pack (1468-3AMZ)
Price: $20.15
4 used & new from $16.93

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB set of scissors, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the asking price of just under $20 at the time of this review, this is a superb set of scissors. The blades are made out of titanium and they cut effortlessly. The blades do stick a little, but I believe this is attributable to designing the scissors for eventual wear and I believe that "breaking the scissors in" will result in a set of scissors that will glide effortlessly with prolonged use.

Handles are comfortable and I don't experience the kind of cramping as soon as I usually do between my index finger and thumb; the contour of the handle is well thought out.

I'm glad to have this set and look forward to endless crafting with my daughter and Christmas/birthday gift wrapping in the years to come. I highly recommend this set.

Trendiy Art Mexican Bracelets
Trendiy Art Mexican Bracelets
Price: $28.77
4 used & new from $14.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of the park!, November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is 11-year olds and crafts like there's no tomorrow. She'll watch Youtube videos endlessly and learn how to create new things using common household items.

I decided to have her run through this product, knowing that fun, creativity, and ease of use would be something that she could easily provide feedback on. In her words, "It's awesome!" There are plenty of materials within the package and a high-quality, magazine-like book provides the full gamut of "try this" options which she went through and tried out.

My only warning...you will likely be assaulted with numerous "look at this" moments. :) She loves it...and I'm sure that your kids will too.

McAfee Total Protection  2015 3 PCs
McAfee Total Protection 2015 3 PCs
Price: $18.23
40 used & new from $16.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent...minimal impact..., November 6, 2014
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 2015 3 PCs
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Digital downloads are all the rage these days, and McAfee has followed that proud tradition of going disc-less with their software and opting through digital account management instead. This virus package allows you to download and install to 3 PCs through what seems to be an endless string of numbers.

My first attempt was unsuccessful, but that was only because one of the letters--a "J"--almost looked like a "1" to me. After fixing that, it went through without a problem and I was up and running in about 5 minutes (40 Mbps connection speed).

McAfee is one of several recognized names in the business regarding internet security, so I won't delve into that here. Of higher concern, however, is impact to my day-to-day operation. I installed it on my Asus laptop, which certainly has minimal power considering its near $500 price point. I'm happy to report, however, that the software is minimally intrusive and didn't appear to exhibit any performance degradation on my operation of the laptop.

The software does come with a suite of parental protections that you can enable/disable on a whim. One feature that was lacking for me, however, was a secure storage for my logins. One thing that I do like about Norton Internet Security on my Alienware Desktop is my "Vault"...a place where my logins are stored for bank/billing accounts so that it saves me the time of having to log in to pay my bills. It's a time saver for me and convenience for my wife who has trouble remembering all that stuff. I wished that McAfee would have that feature because it would be a perfect 5 star rating for me.

Apart from that, rest assured that you'll receive decent residential-level security protection that won't reduce your computer to a crawl in its protective efforts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20