Profile for Maek > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 427

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maek RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable (3 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.49
3 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 amps? Yep!, June 24, 2015
It's hard to tell which USB cables will support a 2 amp charge and which won't, but I can definitely report that this one DOES. This is important since it will allow for far more rapid charging of smartphones and/or tablets. The build of the cable is also quite good and both ends fit in securely with no wiggle whatsoever!

Samyo 500ML Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Air Humidifier with 4 Timer Settings & Color Changing Light
Offered by SAMYO
Price: $39.97
2 used & new from $39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars 1/2 the price of Doterra, June 24, 2015
It's over 1/2 the price of an essential oil diffuser by Doterra and it works just as well. I also love the fact that it has variable timer settings (if you only want it to run for a set amount of time) as well as an on switch. The variable colored light in the diffuser also makes this a cool night light feature if you're looking to gently illuminate a room with the energy efficiency of an LED.

3.5mm Stereo AUX Cable Male to Male L-Shaped for Car Audio Headphone Jack (4 Feet)
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good audio cable, June 24, 2015
Great audio cable for my iPod aux connection in my car! Before, I had to utilize an L-shaped adapter because my iPod was mounted higher than the aux jack, which led to fatigue in the cable resulting in the inevitable shorting out of the cable because of the strain experienced by the bend in the cable. Having the L-shape built into the connector end is great because now I don't have to use the adapter which rendered the old cable prone to coming loose to easily from a stray hand gesture. The audio sounds just as good as my old Belkin cable!

GOcase F2 Headphone Case for Parrot Zik and Beoplay H6
GOcase F2 Headphone Case for Parrot Zik and Beoplay H6
Offered by GOcase
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...could be GREAT...., June 24, 2015
I bought these for my Beoplay H8's.

They fit in the case perfectly with no fuss whatsoever.

Two things that I wish that were better, however:

1. I wish the exterior case was a little more rigid. It'll hold up to moderate abuse, but don't expect it to necessarily withstanding somebody placing their foot on top of it.
2. The cable pouch on the inside is nice, but I wished that they had put something a little bigger in there or incorporated it into the opening portion of the case. It will hold my 5' cable, but it does take some work.

There is a noticeable odor about the product, but it works so well that it doesn't really bother me.

Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Monoi Oil, 10oz
Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Monoi Oil, 10oz
Price: $6.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Goes on great...then..., June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife loved the oil at first and gave me two thumbs up.

However, after initially liking it and trying it for a few days, she noticed that she just felt "sticky" after awhile. She felt so "sticky" that she felt inclined to take another shower because she didn't like how it felt. Results may vary, but she does not like the "sticky paste" sensation that it leaves her with.

FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera
FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera
Price: $199.95
12 used & new from $142.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but it's fantastic for the price!, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're looking for an affordable wireless security camera that has night vision capability and the ability to connect wirelessly through your phone, you've come to the right place.

Out of the box, the quick setup guide (and complete lack of any other documentation for that matter) will have you up and going in no time flat. I'm not exactly sure why the app requires as many permissions as it does (including what else I've got running - why???), but it works pretty well otherwise. I see no necessity in the rather wide range of permissions it requires, however, which is why I dock it a star.

The video streams through my phone pretty well although it's highly dependent upon the quality of your broadband connection/carrier which is no fault to FLIR, of course. It's also nice to be able to record as well as review recent history on the camera which is invaluable to me since I also have a home alarm that lets me know when doors are opened/closed and when alarms went off, so it's easy to pinpoint an event on the camera with relative ease .

Great camera...just not 100% comfortable with having the app know everything that it WANTS to know, if it chooses to.

Case Logic Prevailer 17.3-Inch Laptop/Tablet Backpack (PREV-117)
Case Logic Prevailer 17.3-Inch Laptop/Tablet Backpack (PREV-117)
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: $26.38
20 used & new from $26.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked this backpack...wished I LOVED it, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While it's touted as a 17" laptop backpack, it feels more like a backpack than a laptop bag. To clarify, your laptop will fit in there but it contours are such that you're better off using it as a backpack than a laptop container. At 17", it's a little cumbersome, but it's hard to have high expectations when you're strapping a higher-end system to your back; it just feels like some more padding may have helped with making this a little more comfortable.

Furthermore, while you CAN carry a tablet in it, most of the smaller pockets (say you have a 7" tablet) are towards the very FRONT of the backpack, leaving it more exposed and prone to potential damage if the backpack hits something. Reorganizing the backpacks pocket locations would definitely seem to be a better design choice should they choose to go back to the drawing board. I also wished that it had a few more pockets on the inside...perhaps for a spare battery pack (whether it be for a laptop or portable device charger), accessory cables, mouse, etc. It just feels a few pockets shy from being an "ok" backpack to being a "great" one.

This backpack definitely needs more work for what it's intended for.

The Nutro Company High Protein Grain Free Lamb and Chickpeas Recipe, 4-Pound
The Nutro Company High Protein Grain Free Lamb and Chickpeas Recipe, 4-Pound
Price: $18.98
5 used & new from $18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog with allergies, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our dog suffers really bad allergies and while the source is not readily identifiable, we've been doing our utmost in trying to give him some relief. One source has been a tea tree oil shampoo (made for dogs) which drastically has reduced his itching every time we give him a bath.

We thought that perhaps his dog food might be another culprit. I was drawn to the fact that this was a grain free dog food and figured "what the heck." He seems to like it just fine and although he still itches, I can report that it's not as bad as it used to be...he no longer itches to the point of breaking skin. Whether this is directly attributable to the dog food or not, I can't say with 100% certainty, but I won't be returning to the regular dog food anytime soon as long as this keeps up.

Chappie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [+digital booklet]
Chappie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [+digital booklet]
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great soundtrack, May 1, 2015
I loved the movie immensely (and wrote a review for that as well) and the soundtrack compliments it extremely well. The synthesized landscape throughout the soundtrack rumbles with ferocity to underscore the criminal element in the movie with higher mid-range notes to emphasize Chappie's struggle to fit in and somehow make everything better. The collaboration of the artists is such that I'm not even sure who did what, to be honest.

While on might accuse the soundtrack on overutilizing the same thematic element throughout, I think that this soundtrack does so in a justified manner. Certain parts of the movie occasionally hit on quieter, introspective notes (Chappie's encounter with the dog or Chappie listening to a bedtime story) and the soundtrack shifts accordingly. However, the darker (and more violent) aspects of the movie are underscored voluminously by the soundtrack and done so in a consistent manner.

I loved the soundtrack and still find myself listening to it....can't wait until the movie comes out on Blu-Ray!

Tacwise Z3-140 Heavy Duty Hand Tacker/Staple Gun for 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2 and 9/16 Inches Long Staples, Silver/Orange (TAC0806)
Offered by langton_distribution_
Price: $33.34
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessing for my wife, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife loves to do a lot of building/crafting. And when I say building, I mean putting together a chicken coop from scratch.

Her previous staple gun worked, but it required a great deal of contact pressure and force on the handle to make it work. She has permanent nerve damage in her wrists from a car accident, so although she can do it, it still causes her a great deal of discomfort.

This staple gun alleviates all that. It requires a minimal amount of contact force and the staple is ejected with sufficient force to do the right job the first time. The colors may suggest mediocre construction, but the heft and build of this staple gun erased our fears once we put it to use. We highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20