ARRAY(0x9c03a024)

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Evans RSS Feed (Massachusetts)

PORTER-CABLE 42999 1/4-Inch Self Releasing Collet
PORTER-CABLE 42999 1/4-Inch Self Releasing Collet
Price: $12.94
3 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars one supplied with 690LR won't screw on, December 18, 2008
I purchased the 690LR via amazon, and it comes with a 1/2 and a 1/4 inch collet. The 1/2 inch collet is fine, but I am unable to screw the 1/4 collet on. I assume there is some sort of defect in the threads. It is hard to examine, still less try to repair, the inside threading.

KRUPS GVX212 Coffee Grinder with Grind Size Cup Selection and Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder, Black
Price: $53.98
16 used & new from $32.39

2.0 out of 5 stars grind select failed, then timer, October 23, 2008
This review is from: Krups GVX Burr Grinder (Kitchen)
I bought this item about 18 months ago. After about a year of use, the grind selection failed, and it always produces a rather coarse grind. Then more recently the timer has stopped working, so I count to fifteen and turn it off by hand. This was a very inexpensive burr grinder, and while surely I was unlucky, it was too good to be true.

The Grrreat Wall
The Grrreat Wall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for (athletic) rats, March 25, 2007
This review is from: The Grrreat Wall (Misc.)
My two female rats are able to jump and get their front feet on the top, and pull themselves up and out.

Other than that, it's a good product. It's fairly easy to set up (the reviewer who had trouble isn't doing it correctly) and take down, and can't be scaled.

BARSKA Blackhawk 12x25 Waterproof Compact Binocular
BARSKA Blackhawk 12x25 Waterproof Compact Binocular

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, November 9, 2006
I'm a serious birder and own some good optics. I wanted a pair of high-power glasses to use in sea kayaking, where things are usually pretty far away. They had to be waterproof and inexpensive, as there are many opportunities for mishaps, in addition to simple salt water spray.

It's hard to give something like this a high rating, as the optics are not good, but for what I needed they are perfect. I take the manufacturers word for it that they are nitrogen purged, etc. They are heavy, which is a positive as it implies that they will be stable and not go out of alignment.

The only surprise is the close focus, of perhaps 20m. I have not used 12x bins before, so this may be typical. However, for my purposes this is no problem.