ARRAY(0xa3063468)

Customer Reviews: 134

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tsteiner RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Kissing the Tycoon (Finally Ever After)
Kissing the Tycoon (Finally Ever After)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet addition to the series! Can be read alone, and still thoroughly enjoyed., March 1, 2014
Kissing the Tycoon is all about second chances and what one will do if they lose that special person. This is a feel good book from beginning to end. Yes, the story is short, but if you need a pick me up, then don’t pass this one by. You can’t help but smile when you discover all the things Barret has done in the years he has been apart from Riley.

While this book takes place within the Sherman Family series you can easily follow along. I would recommend the whole series though. They are a very special family that deserves the love of readers. Kissing the Tycoon dips its toe into the series and makes you want the family all over again.

The plot is simple, boy loses girl and wants her back; plain and simple. A long drawn out back story is not needed. Things happen very fast, but it is a short story and within the allotted time, Ms. Eastwick covers all the basics; effortless and thoroughly. No drama, just adults that know that they had something special once upon a time and cannot fight what is meant to be. This is such a sweet story of true love, well not that sweet. There are a few steamy scenes to help spice things up. *grins*

I would recommend Kissing the Tycoon. It’s a very enjoyable read. Yes, this story could have supported a higher page count quite easily, but since I knew going in that this was short and sweet, I was ready. All the points were covered and it helped make it a solid short story. I have to say; that is a hard thing to accomplish. Great job Ms. Eastwick!

Dark Moon (Spirit Wild)
Dark Moon (Spirit Wild)
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Two long awaited romances in one sexy story!, February 27, 2014
Dark Moon is the long awaited story of three favorite and beloved characters. Igmutaka, ancient spirit guide the Fuentes family line. Mikaela Star Fuetes, the first female charge of Igmutaka and daughter to Tala, AJ and Miguel. And finally a character that is amazing in her strength and determination, Sunny Daye. She was once a crippled mute woman and now she is a strong and adoring lover and friend to Igmutaka and Star. Characters that have always intrigued me and pulled at my heartstrings are finally having their tales told and what a lovely story it is.

Star and Igmutaka have always had a special connection and I enjoyed how they finally decided that fourteen years apart was long enough and they put everything out front; no matter the consequences. Star is tired of running from her love of Ig and she is traveling home to be reunited with her family and pack. She has loved him forever and either he returns her love or she needs to move on. Unknown to her, Ig has loved her too. Now is the time to claim her. He only hopes that she can love him as much as he loves her. There is nothing like two head strong people finally realizing they are perfect for each other.

While Star has been away from the pack, Sunny has been a confidant and lover to Igmutaka. She always knew that he was not for her, but a very special connection brought them together repeatedly. But Igmutaka has news for Sunny that her mate is on his way. Sunny wants nothing more in the world and can’t wait.

Fen Ahlberg is a lonely man who always felt apart from the world. From his first disastrous meeting of Sunny, you can’t help but feel even more for the big man. Their attraction is instantaneous, but considering the setting of their first encounter…it is inevitable and powerful. There love is quick and action packed, but still holds a certain sweetness.

I loved how Ms. Douglas interweaved the two couples blossoming romances. But she doesn’t stop there. She throws in a special twist that I could feel coming, but was unsure how it would unfold. Without giving too much away, let’s just say it’s a first in the long history of the Chanku series. Oh sweet heaven is it exciting!

The only reason this novel doesn’t get my complete and undying love of 5 hearts is because the antagonist of the story fell short for me. While the plot for the story was required, I think the storyline was rushed and could have held more angst and drama to the story if it would have been expanded. Space and time may have been factors to the shorten scenario since the novel does encompass two couples. All-in-all it is a small problem, I still loved the story and couldn’t put it down.

Dark Moon is a very enjoyable read that demonstrates that destined love never dies but just gets stronger. Time and obstacles will never keep apart what is meant to be. Ms. Douglas has written a beautiful story of love and destiny and shouldn’t be missed if you love her amazing voice and her incredible Chanku’s.

Dark Spirit (Spirit Wild)
Dark Spirit (Spirit Wild)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm loving the next generation!, February 27, 2014
I have read the Chanku journey from the very beginning. I have gobbling up every novel, short story and novella that has been written about them. I can honestly say that their stories have fascinated and pleasantly shocked me from the start. When the final chapter on the main arc (Wolf Tales) was completed I was totally depressed and saddened. But there was a light shining at the end of the tunnel. Hope that the story would continue. I waited and prayed that the children would have their stories told and I was totally thrilled that Ms. Douglas was able to share their stories with us.

Dark Spirit is book two in the Spirit Wild series. Dark Spirit had a different feel for me. I’m not sure it was because it took place away from the compound and essentially didn’t have the normal supporting characters or it is something else. I do know that Ms. Douglas tackles the riveting range of emotional turmoil with brave gusto. She doesn’t shy away from taboo subjects and she handles this books subject matter head on.

I will say not everyone will be comfortable with reading Dark Spirit, but it’s a sad reality that we only read horror stories about, after the fact. Dark Spirit can be a heartbreaking read at times and if she would have delved into the matter in its totality she may have lost a few readers. It is handled delicately and with honor to the victims.

I enjoyed this novel. I do feel that something was missing for me to give it way up high five rating, but needless to say, I think if you have enjoyed other Chanku novels from Ms. Douglas you will likely enjoy this one too. There are grisly bloody action scenes, but surprisingly I wanted more pain and suffering dealt out. This is one comment you will have to read to understand. I can’t remember the last time I was so blood thirsty and violent. Then you switch over to tender love making that shows that the characters are creatures of respect and pleasure. Throw in some healing power and you have a delightfully erotically charged romantic read. Delightful is hardly a word I would normally use to describe Kate’s work, but it seems to fit for me this time around.

Dark Spirit is a story about two journeys. One that takes the characters across the northwest portion of the US and another more important one; a journey filled with pain, discovery and love; packed with heartache, anger, understanding and eventually resolution. It is not for the light of heart, but if you enjoy stories of love, healing and extremely hot sex, Dark Spirit is for you!

No Strings Attached (Barefoot William Beach 2)
No Strings Attached (Barefoot William Beach 2)
by Kate Angell
Price: $8.96
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, the characters and the setting!!, July 21, 2013
No Strings Attached warmed my soul, mind and heart. Such a perfect sweet read.

I'm going to put this out first thing; No Strings Attached is very heartwarming and tender. There is no action, angst, love triangles, back stabbing, and mystery. There aren't even explicit sex scenes in the novel, but lovely touching ones. This book is sweet, light hearted and a nice change of pace. If you only read books with any of the above, you will likely not like No Strings Attached. But if you want something that you can enjoy with fun loving characters, budding romance, lighthearted monologue and the beautiful setting of the Florida gulf coast than this book is for you. Now that that has been said...

Sofie has loved Dune for almost two decades. From the moment he saved her, he had her heart; even if she was only seven years old. Years later, even after she found out he was from the enemy camp, she continued to watch him grow into the man he is today. Unfortunately, after a few weeks of fun with him last summer, he left Barefoot William without even saying goodbye; leaving Sofie behind with a broken heart.

Well it's summer time again and she has a mission to start living. She may have lived a sheltered life for her first 25 years, but now she is going to try new things and discover what makes Sofie tick.

Dune has had two things on his mind this last year. Upfront it is his career. He is still working out an injury that may ruin his pro volleyball career and then in the back of his mind is a sweet, shy woman that burrowed into his heart. From the moment he met Sofie he has wanted to cosset and watch over her. His body may want more, but with their age difference he won't listen to it.

Now he is back in town and Sofie Saunders is going to be the death of him. Why is the quiet, timid, klutzy Sofie taking on uni-cycling and stilt walking? The woman can barely talk in bare feet, let alone stay balanced feet off the ground. Looks like Dune will be looking after her while he is in town.

Their friendship is rekindled and things start to heat up. Can these two totally different people find happiness when one has only eyes for him and he only wants a relationship that has no strings attached?

For me this was simply divine. I fell in love with Sofie in the first book, No Tan Lines, and she solidified her place in my heart with this book. This woman is kindness, love and forgiveness all wrapped into a gentle soul that shines as bright as the sun. She may have been alone growing up, but the woman is a beacon and people are drawn to her now. It's inevitable that Dune couldn't fight his attraction. She is just perfect.

Dune is just as darn cute. Here is a man that has been surrounded by fame and fortune, countless beach bunnies and the iconic life of a professional athlete. He has retained his small town charm and his heart and soul will always be in Barefoot William. I'm so glad that he didn't fight his brain for the placement of Sofie in his life. He knew what he had and he grabbed onto her with both hands and followed his heart. What a lovely beautiful man.

I enjoy Ms. Angell's style of writing in this series. It's a different style and may not appease the masses. Just like the last book in this series, it wasn't just about this one couple. She added in another in the shadows and made the adventure even more exciting. I enjoyed the second couple as much as the main one. She included all the characters POV, four in total. This can bother some people, but I didn't have a problem with it one bit.

Barefoot William residents are also a joy to visit. This community will draw you in and make you one of their own. The warm feelings I get from this book is so wonderful. This is not my normal reading genre, but one that I enjoy visiting once in a while. I'm glad I ventured here. Ms. Angell did a wonderful job and I can only hope that it won't be a year until the next installment.

Forsaken By the Others (H&W Investigations)
Forsaken By the Others (H&W Investigations)
by Jess Haines
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
60 used & new from $3.37

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - Wanted more, but still a good read., July 20, 2013
Forsaken by the Others is not a book that reads as a standalone. People who pick it up should most definitely be up to date and ready to jump right in. It starts right from where Stalking the Others ends. If you have not read any of the other books in the H&W Investigations series...Do Not Pass Go. Turn right around and get caught up first.

I apologize right from the start. This might be a spoiler and trust me I'm not a fan of them, but you can read any other review and it was said long before me; no, no, and NO!! I was glad I missed the cliffhanger from one of the prior books, because I was late to the series and had to play catch-up. I'm very disappointed that this one ended in yet another one. Cliff hangers are not cool, especially when another book is not even on the horizon yet and this book was about a year from the last one. This was my biggest complaint, but I have other points that bugged me. Leave me wanting, but not like this.

While I enjoyed the book, there was very little forward movement in the plot. Yes, you seen a bit of Shiarra's "problem" manifest, but no reasons why or what. Yes, a character is healed, but we didn't even know there was a problem to begin with. So she hid out in California. Not sure if I really understand the reasoning, but there we are. Now she is there and it seems none of the issues in New York are going to be resolved and she has left TONS of them behind. Several factions were introduced and I feel they were barely utilizes to their fullest potential. I can pretty much say that most of the main characters are new additions and seem to be sticking around for a while. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I missed the "oldies" and wanted to read more about them. Bummer.

Shiarra actually transgressed in her kick-ass heroine status in my opinion. She was rather weak and well "human" in the beginning novels. She rocked my world in the last one, but after all is said and done; we are back to square one. I will say that she is coming off a very traumatic month and anyone would curl up into a little introspective ball, but she was so darn awesome last book. Again - Bummer.

I know it sounds like I didn't like the novel, I did enjoy the read, but in its addition to the series, I didn't. Some good points are that we got to see what happened with Royce. Sara and Shiarra are reunited, along with some memorable White Hats. The story clipped right along. There were also some scenes that had me chucking. I really love when a book makes me laugh.

Ms. Haines wrote a great book, but left me wanting. I really hope we see progression in the next novel. I'm still looking forward to next book. I hope the wait isn't too long. I really enjoy her writing style and the H&W Investigations series. This is the kind of urban fantasy that I enjoy; fantastic paranormal world setting, interesting characters and amazing storytelling. Keep it up Ms. Haines!

As Twilight Falls
As Twilight Falls
by Amanda Ashley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
113 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - Good vampire story. Interesting tale., July 14, 2013
What if vampires were relegated to live in a town to follow certain rules and were not allowed to leave? Some might think it would be a good plan to keep humans safe, but what of the human in the town. As Twilight Falls tell one such story.

Driving into Morgan Creek was a simple mistake on Kadie's part. One wrong turn, low on gas and late at night were just a few of her problems. From the moment she ventures into the town she knows something is off. The vibes she gets are off the charts wrong and the sudden appearance of Darrick does nothing to ease her feelings.

It doesn't take long for Kadie to realize she is trapped in Morgan Creek and the residents don't hold back on letting her know what is expected of her. They also fill her in on the mysterious head vampire, Rylan Saintcrow. Luckily he hasn't been seen in a long while, because the women he takes interest in disappear forever.

Suddenly awake after decades of rest, Rylan is drawn to a new presence in town. From the moment Kadie enters his territory, he knows he wants her for his own. Even Darrick's claim on the girl will not stop him from having her.

Things have changed in his town since he went to ground. The vampires are restless and the humans are not content. He never cared about the human's happiness before Kadie, but now he is seeing things differently. Times have changed and now he must change too.

As Twilight Falls was a good story. Ms. Ashley has built a unique town and interesting characters. While it was not perfect for me it was a nice change in my usual paranormal reading material. The novel is more storytelling and sweet romance and less erotic than my normal reads. This will interest many readers. I can't quite put my finger what was missing from the novel to make it great for me, but as a whole, the story was nicely written.

Another very important point for this book, it reads as a standalone novel. The story is wrapped up and complete, with a nice ending that leaves you gratified. What a wonderful change in the world of serial novels.

Pick up As Twilight Falls if you enjoy standalone novels, unique paranormal storytelling, romance that focuses on the relationship more than the bed play and the writings of Amanda Ashley. She has written an enjoyable classic vampire novel.

Honey Pie (Cupcake Club Romance)
Honey Pie (Cupcake Club Romance)
by Donna Kauffman
Price: $11.35
75 used & new from $0.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Honey Pie is one sweet treat!, July 14, 2013
Two loners are drawn together. Dylan is a long time resident of Sweetberry and Honey stumbled into town in a broken down VW bug and a dream. Neither seen what was coming their way. If they did, both would have run in separate directions.

Honey has taken her Aunt Beavis' advice; "Love yourself enough to give it a true and honest chance". She packs up her VW Bug and travels from Oregon to Georgia only to find her dreams crushed. The new start she was promised has a great big road block set in her way. The apartment and new shop she has planned to open has been leased from under her. Though she now owned the property, her hands are tied. Now thousands away from her safe haven, she is homeless, carless, jobless and clueless to where to start.

Dylan is not a stranger to turmoil. Father, uncle and brother were all negative components in Dylan's live and after ten years of freedom from the chaos, he doesn't desire the pull that a certain Ms. Honey has on him. With her odd behavior and personal life in a mess, he does his best to stay away, but not for long.

Usually Sweetberry residents are more involved in the formation of budding of romance, but this time Honey and Dylan found it themselves. Each are alone and prefer it that way. One wants to come out and finally get involved in life and the other would rather stay hidden and not deal with the BS of people. They see their similarities and there is a special draw to each other. With a little personal work and enlightenment they have the potential of something great. Honey Pie is one sweet treat!

I really loved the feeling of this book. Even though the potential of drama was high, Ms. Kauffman thankfully didn't go down this road. Yes, there was drama, but it had a natural feeling to it. Both of these characters had some major baggage, but once their minor hurdles where conquered they accepted their fate. Throw in a few insecurities and a sweet love story was told.

Personally, I think if you read Honey Pie as a standalone you wouldn't like it as much as a series novel. The story alone wouldn't have been as fun without the background of the other characters. Even though they took the third row of back seats in the party van, knowing their stories made little things more special.

The Cupcake Club series is great and simply delightful. Sweet romance, light humor and a feeling of community that makes you want to join the fun. I have enjoyed every one of these novels and I can't wait for the next installment.

The Chosen One (The Dream Series)
The Chosen One (The Dream Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrapped up the series, but I wanted more., June 23, 2013
The Chosen One starts immediately where Be Careful What You Wish For ends.

In The Man of My Dreams you read about Alexi and Cassandra's beginning. In Be Careful What You Wish For you learn about an unknown history that is beginning to wind around Alexi and Cassandra, tightening ever so slowly and in The Chosen One all the roads converge into a grand battle.

I have very mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed reading about what happened to Cassandra, but I also felt overwhelmed. There was too much, too fast in this book. It felt rushed to me. The ending also leaves me wanting. There are rumors of two offshoot novellas to the series, but I cannot locate any information about them.

With that said The Chosen One basically ties up the loose ends and has a happy ending, but leaves unresolved issues for me. All in all, the story was fine, but I would have a hard time recommending it without a thorough warning. The Dream series is a very good series with a few issues though. It has a very unique love story, build around a real life legend with a fascinating and frightening history.

Even though I have concerns with the final chapter in this series, it was still an enjoyable read for me as a whole. I hope to see more from Ms. Quintal. She is very imaginative and I can see her only getting better with her story telling.

Be Careful What You Wish For (The Dream Series)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Dream Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 2 does a great job continuing the story!, June 21, 2013
Be Careful What You Wish For continues the love story of Alexi and his human love Cassandra. They are happy in their "normal" life. Alexi feels something is coming, but can't quite place the feeling.

Alexi has settled into his life as a doctor and Cassandra is happy being a mother. Unknown to them, a darkness has fallen upon them and it's named Sebastian. He is an original evil; a vampire turned by the infamous Countess Dracula. She sent him on a mission several hundred years ago and he is still going strong. Now he has Alexi in his sights. Alexi has broken the rule of falling in love with humans and Sebastian is going to make him pay dearly; starting with his son A.J.

I really loved the unique take on the whole vampire lore. Instead of falling back on the usual Dracula legend, Ms. Quintal went with the seldom used historical figure of Countess Elizabeth Bathory. Pretty much the first third of the book is backstory about Elizabeth, Sebastian and Alexi. How it all began and how it has progressed throughout the years. While one would think it would get cumbersome, it didn't. It was fascinating to read Ms. Quintal's unique take on the Blood Countess. I also enjoyed hearing how Alexi came to be.

The story progressed nicely and really set the stage for the next book. You started to see that there was something special about A.J. and the new characters introduced were engaging and blended into the story perfectly.

I will give you fair warning. This book ends in a humdinger of a cliffhanger. I would have been very upset if book three, The Chosen One, wasn't already released. Whew! So if you like this book, you best have your credit card warmed and ready, because you will likely be rushing to your computer to get the next in the series.

I'm not sure where this story is going, but I can't wait to find out. Be Careful What You Wish For was a pleasing continuation of The Dreams Series. I'm especially excited that I have book three of the series locked and loaded on my reader.

Shifter's Song (The Wiccan Haus)
Shifter's Song (The Wiccan Haus)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful M/M story for the Wiccan Haus., April 30, 2013
If I had the ability, I'd be doing back flips.

When I finished Shifter's Dance earlier in the week I was hoping, praying and I likely would have been begging to read about Stephen's brothers, Edouard and Bruno. I knew there was another Wiccan Haus book out there, but since I didn't have it in my greedy little hands, I let it go. I actually thought there was no way Vanessa already had finished one of the brother's books. Boy was I 110% wrong. Not only is it done, published and excellent; a little birdie told me she is working on the last brother's book as we speak. Again, imagine the back flipping and dancing around. Trust me it is all in my head and not in reality, because I'd hurt myself.

The Bonsaint brothers are heading to Wiccan Haus for a little R&R and to give newlyweds Stephen and Romy some peace and quiet. Edouard also plans to work on his inability to shift into his bear. Things didn't go as planned. For some reason Bruno didn't make it to the other side of the portal. Edouard is understandably upset, but the sexy Lincoln is there to take his mind off his troubles.

Lincoln is a man in need of a break. He is a high profile singer and the stress of touring and the pressures his big sister keeps piling on him; have him at his wits end. It's time to break away and relax in the comforting arms of Wiccan Haus and he's seen the arms he wants wrapped around him, Edouard's.

Edouard's stress from his missing brother and the likelihood he won't be able to help search for Bruno, because he can't shift, has him stir crazy. One note from a lovely Blackburnian Warbler settles his soul and he is able to shift into his brown bear once again. Now the only thing he needs to worry about is hurting his lover Lincoln. He will not let the past repeat itself.

First the thing that stood out for me in Shifter's Song was that even though they are both shifters they didn't fall in the shifter's mating trap; the zing and recognition, lust fills the air, they fall in bed together, because hello, their instincts are making them do it and the horns toot and the bells ring and they live happily ever after. Nope these men fought it all the way. Yes, one of them accepted it sooner than the other, but there was a bit of a battle to accept fate. It wasn't absolute instinct for them. They had to work for it and let me just say, YAY!

Second thing that was a shining beacon for me...I absolutely loved these two men's names. Both are first for me and well like I said, I loved them!!

Finally third, I'd like to congratulate Vanessa for writing the first M/M Wiccan Haus story. You have set the bar high and if I was sitting next to you, I'd be patting you on the back; very well done. Their romance felt natural, yet very sexy and steamy.

I think I only had one slight problem with the story. Edouard wasn't upset enough about his brother being missing. I can understand that he was distracted by the loveliness of Lincoln, but with him being the oldest and a big protective bear, I felt there should have been just a bit more angst. It really isn't a big deal, but I just had to put it out there. Now that I'm over it, Shifter's Song was AWESOME!!

The story was well thought out and it was nice to see Stephen and Romy again. I also love how all three of their books are flowing so well together and I personally can't wait for Bruno's book. You hinted a bit about Bruno, without giving anything away and I'm booking my trip to Wiccan Haus to watch it unfold firsthand. All aboard, the ferry is about to leave the port!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14