Profile for David Rome > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Rome "Dawg Dave" RSS Feed (Bangor, ME)

Page: 1 | 2
Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Price: $89.99
127 used & new from $56.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Works well until black ooze begins, December 23, 2013
I loved the product. I have read others' accounts here and have a couple things to add. First, Belittling others' experience isn't productive. Just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean they are misusing the product. Agree that overfilling the device is asking for problems. Most will figure that out. But the continual problems with the rusty, brown ooze from the blade mechanism is a source of major concern. Examples have been posted where the brown liquid does get into the food chamber and is a source of potential contamination with bacteria (food is getting into blade mechanism area that isn't accessible to normal cleaning processes). I do know how to wash and dry dishes and small kitchen appliances (most of my 50 years on this earth LOL!), and I have read the care instructions. This is a major flaw in the design. I am currently awaiting a response from customer service but will not use until I have a replacement. Bottom line is that no matter how well is creates smoothies, it's not not worth jeopardizing my or my family's health on potential bacterial or other toxic substance contamination.

STM Grip Hardshell Minimalist Case for 13-Inch MacBook Air, Black (122-010M-01)
STM Grip Hardshell Minimalist Case for 13-Inch MacBook Air, Black (122-010M-01)
Price: $38.69
12 used & new from $26.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, December 13, 2013
Haves used this type of case from others but couldn't find for the MacBook Air but did find this one. Love the ribbed case which makes carrying so much easier. Wish the feet nubs were a tad stickier to prevent slide on hard surfaces but am still very pleased with this product. Am asked about it whenever someone notices the textured pattern in an otherwise ubiquitous black shell.

Parrot Zik Headphone Case
Parrot Zik Headphone Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd accessory compartment, December 13, 2013
Agree with others that the space for accessories is too small to store the cords and an extra battery. Furthermore, the little lid provided for the compartment is useless for all intents and purposes. Otherwise decent quality and great fit for Parrot Zik headphones.

Inglow CGT54600WH01 6-Inch Flameless Round Pillar Vanilla Scented Candle with Timer, White
Price: $12.99
7 used & new from $5.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for christmas window decoration, December 13, 2013
These work great for use a Christmas window decorations and are reasonably priced. Not sure how durable since battery compartment moves inside the candle on several of them whenever turning off and on. Look great from inside and outside the house. Wish it wasn't scented. Fake smells are just superfluous and many are allergic no matter how subtle.

Philips Norelco QG3360/42 Multigroom Plus
Philips Norelco QG3360/42 Multigroom Plus
Offered by Buy A Electronics
Price: $57.77
10 used & new from $49.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice power but crappy combs, December 13, 2013
I have used wahl devices for years but the last two have died quickly so decided to make a change in brand. Result? Meh. The device seems well made, but the trimmer head is a bit larger than I would prefer and the combs are huge for the purpose and not very intuitive to use. The adjustable wahl combs were much more straightforward and quick to adjust when going from mustache to eyebrows, simply clicking the comb forward or back to adjust. Must be a money saving feature to provide multiple combs made of cheap plastic with sharp tines. Does anyone with a mustache or beard test these things? Would not purchase again but am stumped on other options for now and already tossed the dreaded sealed, sharp plastic packaging that must be cut to open.

Devicewear Union Shell Back Cover for iPad 2/3/4 with Stay Open Magnet, Dark Blue/Navy (UN-IP3-DBLU)
Offered by Devicewear
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not protective, February 2, 2013
I have had about three of these covers. Al have eventually cracked or otherwise broken, but have saved my device from small falls and bumps. This was a replacement for such a previous cover that had served its purpose. I picked it due to the metallic bar that keeps the Smart Cover against the back of the device when open.

Unfortunately it doesn't cover the edges of the device as well as others I have used. Within a week I had dings and scuffs on my iPad edges that were not there before. It does protect the back but much of the metal around the glass is exposed and will become dented and rough over time with this cover. As a minimum I was expecting the 3-6 months of protection for the iPad that I had gotten from similar products. This one is not cracked but I tossed it anyway. I don't recommend it.

Wolf Hall: A Novel
Wolf Hall: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying stylistic choices becomes unbearable, January 27, 2013
Although I can get through most things that are clumsily written if there is a good story or interesting perspective, especially on important historical events, this was atrocious from the outset. I made it halfway and finally decided that I have better things to do, other things to read. Can't remember last time I set aside a book, especially something receiving this much acclaim. Perhaps the awards were for research and not for writing?

OxiClean Max Force Power Paks, 30 Count
OxiClean Max Force Power Paks, 30 Count
Offered by GF Enterprises
Price: $25.89
3 used & new from $25.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrid smell, September 22, 2012
Not sure this does any better and was unpleasantly surprised by the strong smell after using the powder for years. Washed pillows and had headaches for a week. Rewashed and only slightly diminished the odor. Finally replaced the pillows.

Will be very careful NOT to purchase this particular Oxiclean product again. Maybe some find it wonderful, but as with any fragrance it is very subjective. This stuff packs a potent olfactory kick.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 7:15 PM PDT

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Maudlin muck, February 24, 2012
Boring, stupid, and cringeworthy. I gave the saga a chance after the decent first movie but it has gotten worse with each episode. Embarrassed that I went this far into the series. Won't bother with the last. Beyond fantasy...just crap of the lowest order story wise and disappointing effects for the resources devoted to it.

Office for Mac 2011 Home & Student -Family Pack (3Macs/3User) [Old Version]
Office for Mac 2011 Home & Student -Family Pack (3Macs/3User) [Old Version]
Offered by Tax Software Store, Inc.
Price: $295.48
7 used & new from $189.98

1.0 out of 5 stars MS Word is Unstable--user beware, June 15, 2011
I am running a 27" iMac that is about 2 years old. The version of Word in Office for Mac 2011 has crashed on me repeatedly, without warning, over the past 6 months. I have all the available updates installed, so it's not that they have corrected the program. I am a college professor with 20 plus years using Office--by no means a neophyte. However, I have spent hours working on documents with deadlines that suddenly crash using the OFFICE for Mac product. No restore options or current versions are saved. Everything that was created during the current session is lost. The problem was so bad on an earlier project I kept a kitchen timer on my desk to remind me to manually save or I risked losing all my data during the final push to meet a deadline. It seemed to have resolved from time to time, but then rears it's ugly head without rhyme or reason.

I am sorry, but there are SO many options out there that are just as functional and integrated. My excuse has been the learning curve involved in adopting a new product, but I would have been paid back in multiples the time I have lost in each of these crashes. No wonder this company is becoming the IBM of the 1980s--no longer relevant at the consumer level.

Page: 1 | 2