Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Bryan, OH USA)

TroubleShooting: Mastering your Pistol Marksmanship, Vol. 1
TroubleShooting: Mastering your Pistol Marksmanship, Vol. 1
by Mrs. Gabby Franco
Price: $19.22
21 used & new from $19.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Picking up on the small things that make the big concepts work, October 6, 2013
Very interesting and unusual approach to fundamentals of shooting. Ms. Franco really dials in on the small points everyone else sort of glosses over (everybody already knows how?). There are lots of superb books on marksmanship, and I think I've read most of them, but no one else has ever taken the time to explain (and clearly show) the finer points, the small shifts in position, that make things work so much better. I cannot recommend this book highly enough for anyone interested in improving their shooting skills. I've been trying to learn to shoot better for over 40 years now, and I've definitely been helped by this book. There are typos that shouldn't be there, hopefully the next edition will correct them, but the explanations are well-crafted, and the photos carefully selected. You will not regret obtaining this book.

Fifth Victim: A Charlie Fox Thriller (Charlie Fox Thrillers)
Fifth Victim: A Charlie Fox Thriller (Charlie Fox Thrillers)
by Zoe Sharp
Price: $18.90
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie is back, November 11, 2012
Charlie Fox stories are an addiction. Here's the latest fix.

Typical unpredictable Charlie Fox novel. A unique lead character, whom Sharp develops more with every new novel. I really don't care for "detective fiction", but the Charlie novels are something out of the ordinary.

I don't know how to write more without spoiling; all I can really say is that if you read one Charlie Fox novel, you'll be waiting for the next, or trying to find the earlier books (good luck).

Buy it, you'll like it.

Boker Plus Tactical Pen
Boker Plus Tactical Pen
Offered by HickMart
Price: $21.53
23 used & new from $21.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-constructed basic tactical pen, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Boker Plus Tactical Pen (Sports)
I think this pen is an incredible value for the money. Very well built. Have not tried sticking it through plywood boards or smashing windows. In daily use, it has held up perfectly. Good writing instrument, at lest for my size 9 hand. Nothing has worked loose or fallen off. Only quibble I have is that the spring clip is VERY strong. It won't fall out of your pocket, but it isn't easy to remove from pocket, either.

If you're curious as to how a "tactical pen" works for you, this is a great place to start.

Craghoppers Men's Motion Long Sleeve Waterproof Jacket
Craghoppers Men's Motion Long Sleeve Waterproof Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light rain jacket and windbreaker., March 21, 2012
Very well-made jacket. Seems to run a bit small in sizing; allow for that when you order. Looks like an excellent light waterproof jacket for spring/summer/early fall use.

Other than it being a bit tighter-fitting than I expected, can't find anything to quibble about. Zipper appears to be opposite normal US practice, which is a bit confusing at first. Strongest impression is how well-constructed and well-designed the jacket is.

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers
by Martin Evening
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Salvation for a new user, August 15, 2010
This book is an incredible value. I'd purchased Lightroom 3 to replace my Photoshop Elements 7, and I was completely lost trying to do anything. While I'm still no expert, I can work confidently in Lightroom 3 now, without feeling like I'm always on the edge of a disaster. As other folks have pointed out, this isn't a "hand holding" book. The writing is clear, coverage is thorough, and a lot of detail on "why", rather than "move slider to 75". I have more Lightroom books, but this is by far the best.

David Busch's Nikon D300 Guide to Digital SLR Photography
David Busch's Nikon D300 Guide to Digital SLR Photography
by David D. Busch
Price: $19.91
71 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars David Busch's Nikon D300 Guide to Digital SLR Photography, August 2, 2008
Excellent book, highly recommended. Have been using Nikon F-series cameras since 1979, my D300 is my first digital camera, and the David Busch guide has really helped me get comfortable with the camera, and explained a lot of associated things along the way. Definitely not a rehash of the manual.

My only criticisms would involve editing; there are some "oops" sections that better editing would have clarified, and some of the discussions that are supposed to take place in later chapters don't (at least I haven't found them, and I'm on my 4th reading).