Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Peas on Earth > Reviews

Browse

Peas on Earth's Profile

Customer Reviews: 102
Helpful Votes: 2036

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peas on Earth RSS Feed (Brookline, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Ertl Big Farm 1:16 John Deere Hydra 789 Spreader
Ertl Big Farm 1:16 John Deere Hydra 789 Spreader
Price: $20.99
15 used & new from $18.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Does fit the tractors well!, February 10, 2016
We have one of the 1/16 tractors that is supposed to work with this. Well, this is great, but the "hook" part is much too wide for the whole in the attachment part of the tractor!!! After a ton of work, we barely managed to squeeze it is, and immediately my 3 year old complained because he couldn't take it in and out. Finally, because he loved the toy so much, I rigged it by adding two key loops to the tractor, that he can just on and off the attachment part on this, and I put it pointing up. But I would not recommend. This is NOT a fit as advertised, and if my son didn't love it so much, I'd return it.

ALEX Toys Artist Studio Ready, Set Art Table
ALEX Toys Artist Studio Ready, Set Art Table
Offered by JustKidsStore
Price: $149.99
7 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional!, December 9, 2015
Our table, happily, arrived not damaged, and it's truly beautiful!! My 2.5 and 5 year old sat at it immediately, loved the bench style seats, and most importantly, it has room for 4 children to be comfortably active at the table at the same time, without going over 40", which is what most of the other desks that did that would do. 24" is a bit tight for 4, 40"+ too big for our space, and this is just right. And beautiful. It also looks very sturdy. If there are no further updates, assume it's still going strong :)

Lactivism: How Feminists and Fundamentalists, Hippies and Yuppies, and Physicians and Politicians Made Breastfeeding Big Business and Bad Policy
by Courtney Jung
Price: $20.19
85 used & new from $9.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A must book to all to be mothers considering breastfeeding!, December 4, 2015
I've been a victim of lactivism. I have experienced first hand the first world impacts described in this book. I am one of these women that for no known reasons, just doesn't produce milk. To be more precise, I produced about an ounce per about 20 hours of pumping. Yes, you read that right. The message I got from 4 different so called "lactation consultants", including the hospital one, was to try harder. Pump more (6 hours a day was not enough). Take more medicines (I took them all in double doses). Formula feed, but with a "supplementary nursing system" (the device from hell that no men would ever put up with - formula feed through a tube taped to the nipple - and yes, it goes horribly wrong in all the ways you'd expect it to). Three weeks into this hell, where I mostly cried and barely saw my daughter outside of feeding, I shared all with my pediatrician. I am so lucky she was sane, and set me straight. Three formula fed kids later, they're all doing great. Yet I keep meeting women bullied by the lactivists. Not producing enough milk is an extremely common phenomenon, estimated at at least 10%, and probably more like 30%. (Producing none, like me, is estimated at about 5%). But what you'll hear from lactivists, is that these women are just not trying hard enough. HORRIBLE.

This book is so important, I wish it could be handed out to every woman in the hospital, along with the newborn hat and binkie. Please please read if you're contemplating breastfeeding. Not because you shouldn't breastfeed - you absolutely should if it's the right choice for you and it works. But because in case it doesn't work, for whatever reason (biological or not), you need to know that your kids will in NO WAY be inferior to breastfed kids, nor would it impact your motherhood "value" in the least. You should NEVER EVER feel guilty or inadequate or depressed about not breastfeeding. It's just NOT THAT IMPORTANT - it's a personal parenting choice in the first world, and that's what this book is all about!
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 4:34 PM PST

Matfer Bourgeat Exoglass  Pelton Spatula, Blue
Matfer Bourgeat Exoglass Pelton Spatula, Blue
Price: $14.00
7 used & new from $10.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exoglass - Exoplastic!, November 28, 2015
Exoglass should really be renamed exocheapplastic. Within one use, the edge was peeling, and we'd be eating little bits of plastic with whatever food we used it on. I think a lot of the 5 star reviews are people who got it for free. It's very thin, and not impressive. I returned it, and went with well trusted silicone instead!

Urparcel Baby Girls Boys Winter Hat Scarf Woolen Earflap Hood Scarves Skull Caps
Offered by OnBall
Price: $5.47
6 used & new from $5.47

1.0 out of 5 stars SCRATCHY!, November 19, 2015
The material is not as thick as described, and it is SCRATCHY! It felt a bit scratchy to my fingers, my daughter tried it on, had me take the tag off because it felt scratchy (no more return), tried it again (she's average 5 and it fit her well), and said it scratched her neck and that was that. I donated it. Would not recommend!

Animal Kids Socks with Seamless Toe and Easy Pull Loops, Monkey, Lion, Dino, Dino
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The *ONLY* socks my toddler will wear..., October 25, 2015
After months and months where my now 2.9 yo refused to wear any socks (he'd wear them and take them off immediately), including with boots and sneakers, and feet smell than nearly killed us, I realized I have to step it up a notch (or three). I searched for cute seamless socks, because I suspected the seams bothered him, but also needed the cute element to convince him to wear them. Done and done. On the first day, he wanted to take the socks off, but didn't insist. By day two, he stopped trying. We have a winner. Hurray for socks, and so long feet smell!!! I ordered a bunch more of the same :)

SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
Offered by SureFlap
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars MICE - BE GONE!!!, August 10, 2015
So, I purchased this product for a seemingly unusual reason. I have a 16 year old cat that if he doesn't have access to food at all times, will begin howling, no matter the hour of day or night. We also have a mice problem. And who knew - turns out mice ADORE cat food - over all else. His bowl has become a neighborhood mecca for mice... We used every method in the book, sealed the house etc., but still have a few tough ones, who refuse to eat bait because, well, they know where to get the food, and somehow also manage to avoid snap traps. So, it became obvious that the only way to really address the issue is to make the food not accessible to mice, yet easily accessible 24/7 to the senior cat. Moving it around didn't help - the mice would find the new location in 48 hours. Enter this feeder. I'd been looking for something like it for months. Decided to try it. Took two days to train my cat who took *4 months* to learn to use the (regular) cat door, and even then, he only learned it *one way*, and still hasn't figured out he can use the same door in the other direction too... Anyhow, this bowl took TWO DAYS. I know they say to take a week with it - there was just no need for us. And now, FINALLY, for the first time in months, the food is sealed, only he can access it, and the mice - well - they're all out of luck!!!

I gotta say too - I am REALLY impressed with this product design. It's just beautiful. Reminds me of apple products in sleekness. It's just smooth and very well thought out. The noise of the lid opening and closing is very soft, and the whole thing is just incredibly well designed. I'm checking regularly now to see what else they make. They have clearly thought through a problem carefully - and solved it. Hopefully it's as durable as it is beautiful :)

Baby's Only LactoRelief Toddler Formula - Powder - 12.7 oz - 6 pk
Baby's Only LactoRelief Toddler Formula - Powder - 12.7 oz - 6 pk
Offered by MaxMed
Price: $65.25
14 used & new from $60.14

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FORMULA!!! SOLVES CONSTIPATION, AND GREAT INGREDIENTS!, January 21, 2015
I wish this formula existed for my first two babies... Baby's Only totally nailed it with this one. I don't know how or why, but all crankiness, constipation, etc., simply dissipate with this formula. We also have the dairy one, the same one that constipated my first two (as did others), and just 4-6oz of the dairy one is enough to constipate my third, and make her miserable. With this one - she's just happy as a clam! And it's not even the lactose, because now at 6 months she's clearly OK with lactose. It's some magic thing about these ingredients - this is IT.

Western Chief Light-Up Multi Dotty Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid),Multi,10 M US Toddler

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 weeks., December 3, 2014
After three weeks of occasional use, the pulling handle broke off one of the boots. It's a shame. My daughter LOVED them until then, and wouldn't touch them with the broken handle. Luckily, it was still within the return period...

Taf Toys Stroll'n Roll. Stroller and Baby Carrier Activity Bar
Taf Toys Stroll'n Roll. Stroller and Baby Carrier Activity Bar
3 used & new from $40.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for baby bjorn bouncer seat., December 3, 2014
This is the best Bjorn bouncer toy replacer I had had!!! I have two bouncers, one with the original toy (got used), and the other I went through various toy bars, but my kids never liked them as much as the original toy. Not true with this one - this one gets just as much affection, perhaps even a bit more, as the standard bjorn toy bar. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11