Profile for Busy Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Busy Reader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Last Ditch: A Leo Waterman Mystery
Last Ditch: A Leo Waterman Mystery
Price: $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Another clever plot and enjoyable dialogue....., October 19, 2014
Ah, now GM Ford knows how to get your attention and hold it. His relationship with his long time love, is just right. She is smart and doesn't put up with a lot, and he values her enough to pay attention to what she tells him. Excellent book, and kept me right on the edge the entire book. Thanks Mr. Ford, it was a pleasure and fun, too.

Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Still love the books, but not as exciting as usual., October 19, 2014
Another really cute and funny book, but seemed to lack some of the zip and edge that previous books have had. I enjoyed it, but the old Stephanie was a lot more fun, and got into more trouble. There was never enough of her boy friends in this book, either as they seem to have given up trying to get her into a committed relationship. So there was is no real edge there, either. I still love the books, but this one just lacked 'it'!!!

The Blood of an Englishman: An Agatha Raisin Mystery (Agatha Raisin Mysteries Book 25)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $10.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and entertaining., October 11, 2014
These books make me chuckle. If you are a woman past 45, you will really enjoy the angst Agatha goes through with her love life. Beaton does a great job with these mysteries, clever and interesting. This one was surprising but a very good read. I must read it again, as when I get excited about a book I speed read. So must go back and take it all in. You will enjoy this book. and I have read them all.

Taken (Joe Pike Book 4)
Taken (Joe Pike Book 4)
Price: $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one., October 11, 2014
Really enjoy the characters in these books by Crais. He gives you insight into their character bit by bit, through the books and by the time you have read several you feel like you know the characters well. Another adventure book, and a good one. If Crais has written a book that bores me, I have been unable to find it.

No Man's Land (Frank Corso Book 5)
No Man's Land (Frank Corso Book 5)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one by Crais, October 11, 2014
All Ford's books are good. I don't reveal plots, but his are interesting and keep the book in my hands until it's done. I do enjoy this author, and if you like adventure, you will like this one;

Death in a Deck Chair: An Iris Cooper Mystery (Iris Cooper Mysteries Book 1)
Death in a Deck Chair: An Iris Cooper Mystery (Iris Cooper Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not exciting., October 11, 2014
For genteel ladies. Cute book and a good one to travel with. But not adventurous enough for me. A good book to read if you need to put it down often, nothing happens while you are gone.

The Sentry (Joe Pike Book 3)
The Sentry (Joe Pike Book 3)
Price: $8.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read a bad Crais book yet. Terrific author!, October 11, 2014
Good read and never dull. What more can you ask for. I just wish he would write faster as I have read all his books and am now re-reading them in case I missed something. One of the more interesting authors I've read...

The First Rule (Joe Pike Book 2)
The First Rule (Joe Pike Book 2)
Price: $7.87

4.0 out of 5 stars the books are always good, October 11, 2014
I've written about Crais' books before and it's mostly the same. The plots are always unusual and exciting. I just really enjoy his books and can't put them down once I get started. They are not PG, but are not disgusting, either. More like telling it like it is. If you like adventure, you will enjoy his books. What more can I say?

Hamilton Beach 50161N10-Speed Wave-Action Blender, White
Hamilton Beach 50161N10-Speed Wave-Action Blender, White
Price: $19.99
21 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be sorry if you buy this blender., September 20, 2014
This is a great little blender. It's light weight, EASY TO CLEAN, and very hard to find except at Amazon. I was so tired of blenders I couldn't lift, had to be careful with in fear of breaking, watch out for the blades, use half my counter space to put them out to dry! This little baby,is quick and easy to clean, does a wonderful job in short order and does not have a bunch of parts to lose or misplace....
I just moved and haven't unpacked, so needed my blender and could not find it. I bought another one of these as the price is reasonable and it's such a joy to use, I figured I could use two, or share the other one... I still have not found the one I packed to bring with me. Don't care, now.
You won't be sorry if you try this little jewel. I have cooked and used blenders for many many years, and I just love this one.

Clam Wake: A Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries)
Clam Wake: A Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries)
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a short review...., September 20, 2014
Wow! Daheim's books just get better and better. Cousin Renie seems to be more interested in the events unfolding, but is still a pill. However, she does make a few good observations and she is great at support. Another one of Mary Daheims clever stories and an interesting setting. Nice to see more of Auntie Vance. You won't be sorry you read this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8