Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for lvshopper > Reviews

Browse

lvshopper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lvshopper RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Altra Marshall 3 Shelf Metal Rolling Utility Cart, Black
Altra Marshall 3 Shelf Metal Rolling Utility Cart, Black
Price: $40.00
10 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little cart -- perfect for my needs (craft supplies), October 25, 2015
Yes, this cart is small, but it's perfect for my needs and the dimensions were clearly stated so I knew exactly what I was getting. It was extremely easy to assemble; an instruction diagram was included, but hardly even necessary. It's simple if you assemble everything on one side first, then do the other side. No missing screws and everything aligned well. I like the fact that all of the parts are metal (except the casters, which are plastic); because of this it is remarkably stable and sturdy, yet fairly lightweight. The casters make it very easy to move around and unlike some other carts I have had over the years, I don't feel like it is going to loosen up and fall apart moving it. I got it for some craft supplies -- nothing terribly heavy -- and it is ideal for that, but it would hold substantially more weight, too. Price is reasonable, especially with free shipping.

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2014
H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2014
8 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It got the job done, but with some shortcomings, April 15, 2015
I have been using TurboTax for years and always found it extremely easy to use. So easy, in fact, it almost made doing taxes fun. (OK, “fun" may be an exaggeration, but it was very easy.) This year, however, when TT changed the way they sold the product — requiring the purchase of additional products to do what used to be done with one — I decided to try H&R Block tax software instead. I used it, and it got the job done… I guess… but I found that it came up short compared with TurboTax.

The format for navigating through the process on Block is fine — very similar to TT — but I found that the program is very lacking when it comes to useful explanations. TT always provided lots of definitions and examples of individual terms, so I knew exactly what should and shouldn’t be included on each line. This is not the case with the Block software and, as a result, I was left guessing on a lot of things. Help/search didn’t provide much guidance, either. For this reason, I’m feeling a little less certain about the accuracy of my tax return this year.

Another complaint I have is with the software updates. The original software installed without any problems, but each time I tried to get the latest update, from the program installed on my Mac, it locked up and wouldn’t work. I did all of the things I was supposed to do (turning off the firewall, etc.) but it simply would not install. After searching for solutions on the internet, I ended up having to go to the Block website, and go through a whole series of extra steps in order to install the update.

Overall, I found H&R Block software much less user-friendly than TurboTax, and for that reason I will probably return to TT next time, even if it means buying additional products in order to get the job done.

HDE iPad Air Tempered Glass Screen Protector Touch Screen Guard Ultra Thin Scratch Proof Film for Apple iPad Air, Air 2, & Pro 9.7
Offered by HDE
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine, maybe, if you understand gibberish (or have used this before and know how to attach it), March 7, 2015
OK, I admit I have never used one of these before so I wasn’t familiar with the proper way to attach it, but I’m not an idiot and I can follow instructions. The problem is that the “instructions” on the package are complete gibberish — literally nonsense (not to mention so tiny you need a @#*ing magnifying glass to see them). For example, the first line says this: "Usomg a comversopm giode jamdoe will pull the old screen tilm tiffs.” Huh? The illustrations make it even more difficult to figure out. As a result I cleaned the wrong side of the screen and ruined it (streaked beyond repair), so I didn’t even attempt to attach it. Now that I know what NOT to do, maybe I will have better luck with a replacement, but how could a company put out a product with such ridiculous “instructions”?!! Hence the 1-star rating.

By the way, as other reviewers have noted: no cleaning cloth and no glass button included, even though the package states that they are.

Insignia - USB 2.0 Multiformat Memory Card Reader NS-CR20A1
Insignia - USB 2.0 Multiformat Memory Card Reader NS-CR20A1

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for CF cards -- pure garbage, February 7, 2015
Like another reviewer, I bought this reader at Best Buy tonight because I was in a pinch. I needed a replacement reader and didn't want to wait for one to arrive in the mail. This is pure garbage. I was already aware of potential problems with CF slots in card readers so I was EXTREMELY careful trying to insert my card. It didn't matter. The card wouldn't go in all the way and it bent one of the pins in the process (which I was able to bend back very easily using tweezers -- that should give you an idea just how flimsy this thing is). I don't know how it is for any other types of cards, but if you need a CF card reader, look for something else. This one is useless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2015 9:54 PM PDT

3 inch Exhibit / Conference Hook (Pack of 12 S-hooks)
3 inch Exhibit / Conference Hook (Pack of 12 S-hooks)
Offered by LovingTruthBooks
Price: $10.59
2 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine, but..., June 30, 2014
I could have done without all of the religious propaganda plastered on the packaging. It has nothing to do with conference hooks and is entirely inappropriate. Maybe the seller name (Loving Truth Books) should have tipped me off before buying.

20 CleverDelights Round Glass Dome Cabochons - 1 inch - 25mm - Clear Magnifying Cabs - Dome Pendant Cab - For Cameo Pendants, Photo Jewelry, Rings, Necklaces - 1" diameter
Offered by CleverDelights
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $8.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 23, 2014
These are OK, but not great. Smooth edges, consistent in size/shape and fairly clear, although they do seem more like plastic than glass and I feel they make the art underneath look rather dull and a bit fuzzy. But the main reason I am disappointed is the thickness. The listing indicates that the height of the dome is (approximately) 7mm, and that is why I ordered them. In fact, they are only 5mm high. I was hoping for something more substantial.

KLOUD City® White Resin Bust Jewelry Organizer Showcase Display Stand for Necklace and Earring (Resin bust necklace stand; white)

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective -- earring "holes" weren't holes!, January 28, 2014
Fairly nice looking, though it would scratch easily, and I would have kept it if I could use it, but the "holes" for the earrings weren't drilled all the way through, making it useless! I had to return it.

World's Best Advanced Natural Original Clumping Formula - 12 lb
World's Best Advanced Natural Original Clumping Formula - 12 lb
Offered by Petco
Price: $17.49
16 used & new from $10.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Advanced?!, October 9, 2013
I wish I could give it zero stars. I don't know in what way this new "Advanced" formula is supposed to be "advanced" -- except, perhaps, the advanced price -- but I agree with other reviewers that the original World's Best clumping litter is better. MUCH better. I don't think this does a better job of masking the odor and, as others have pointed out, it is EXTREMELY dusty. I never noticed any dust with the original formula; I feel like I need to wear a mask when scooping this stuff! It's awful. Poor cat was sneezing coming out of the box, too. Also, these clumps are too small. They fall through the holes in the litter scoop. I have already gone back to the original clumping formula. I will never buy this "advanced" junk again. I only hope it isn't going to replace the original formula because if it is, then World's Best has lost a loyal customer.

Michley LSS-202 Lil' Sew & Sew Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
Michley LSS-202 Lil' Sew & Sew Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
Price: $15.85
89 used & new from $13.98

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, and for my needs, this is perfect, September 7, 2013
I wanted a small, lightweight machine to do small projects, repairs and hemming, without having to haul my heavy, full-size sewing machine out of the closet. I have just used this for the first time to do some very basic sewing and so far so good. It came pre-threaded, and included a manual with threading instructions, although for anyone familiar with sewing machines it would be easy to figure it out even without those aids. It is very basic -- no fancy stitches, reverse, etc. -- but it is perfect for my needs and for under 20 dollars it's a terrific find! It even comes with several threaded bobbins and an extra needle. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to someone with basic needs such as mine, or as a young child's first sewing machine. It would be nice if it had a light -- and that is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 -- but for the dirt cheap price it's a very acceptable omission!

Calvin Klein Women's Bella Front Close Push Up Bra
Calvin Klein Women's Bella Front Close Push Up Bra

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have trouble with bra straps staying up..., August 19, 2013
...then this is NOT the bra for you! I have a chronic problem with bra straps falling down and some bras are worse than others (most likely due the outward placement of the straps). I can honestly say this is the worst bra I have ever tried in that respect. Consequently, it's useless to me, but I already wore it so I can't return it and it will be going in the trash. Otherwise, it seems to be made well, runs true to size, and it's attractive, but I can't stand having falling straps all day!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3