Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "darknessdreaming" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Void Wraith (The Void Wraith Trilogy Book 2)
Void Wraith (The Void Wraith Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars The battle continues …, June 6, 2016
The battle to save the universe from the Void Wraith continues. I enjoyed this even more than Destroyer (the first book in the series) . The action is fast and furious. I'm hesitant to say too much about the plot as I don't want to post any spoilers, but I will say the new enemies Chris reveals in this volume are quite wild. Whether intentional or not, one of the scenes toward the very end made me think of a very classic sci-fi horror flick. Can't wait to see where things go next.

The Crooked Pearl (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 3)
The Crooked Pearl (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Please don't let this be the last one!, June 2, 2016
Read through all three books in the series and now I'm disappointed that there aren't any more for me to read. Poor Skegs takes a beating in this one. As I've said before, I love the storytelling style: multiple storylines all interconnected that eventually all come together at the climax. You can read the book blurb to an idea of the story, but I have to agree, fans of Carl Hiassen, Elmore Lenard, and Dave Barry will probably enjoy these books. This is pure pleasure reading, the kind that puts a smile on your face. It's been several years since this book came out and I hope this isn't the last time we see Fish and his friends.

El Dorado Blues (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 2)
El Dorado Blues (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 2)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finished the first book and immediately started on this one., June 2, 2016
As soon as I finished Wahoo Rhapsody I started on this one. Let me say I've had all three of the Atticus Fish novels on my kindle for a while and this past week I blew through them all. And now I'm disappointed that there aren't any more for me to read. I loved the humor, and while Fish was a good lead character, Skegs was a great sidekick. Loved the storytelling style: multiple storylines all interconnected that eventually all come together at the climax. You can read the book blurb to an idea of the story, but I have to agree, fans of Carl Hiassen, Elmore Lenard, and Dave Barry will probably enjoy these books. On a side note, the audio version of these books are fantastic!

Wahoo Rhapsody (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 1)
Wahoo Rhapsody (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Puts a smile on your face., June 2, 2016
Let me say I've had all three of the Atticus Fish novels on my kindle for a while and this past week I blew through them all. And now I'm disappointed that there aren't any more for me to read. I loved the humor, and while Fish was a good lead character, Skegs was a great sidekick. Loved the storytelling style: multiple storylines all interconnected that eventually all come together at the climax. You can read the book blurb to an idea of the story, but I have to agree, fans of Carl Hiassen, Elmore Lenard, and Dave Barry will probably enjoy these books. This is pure pleasure reading, the kind that puts a smile on your face.

New Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 3)
New Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Spark vs a chicken!, May 30, 2016
There is a decent story buried in here, but I never feel like Spark is ever in any real danger. He always seems to have just the right about of power or some new ability, a bit too convenient. Also like with the previous books, there seems to be an inordinate amount of repetition at times—always as the odd use of using people's full names when talking about or to them. And perhaps it's just the author's style, but there are times when he syntax just feels off, pulling me completely out of the story. Not sure what it is, but it never fully clicks with me, which is a shame as the world is intriguing and I want to truly like the series, just falls short for me.

Evil Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 2)
Evil Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Spark is back., May 24, 2016
Wish Amazon would let us give half stars, as I would give this one a 3.5 Evil Spark is the second book in the Dark Magic Enforcer series and it's definitely an improvement over of the original. That being said, there are still a few problems. The author has a unique style/voice and it main not click with everyone. The characters have an odd (and somewhat annoying) habit of referring to themselves in the 3rd person. That was a funny quirk to see in a Seinfeld episode, but over the course of a book? No thanks. Especially when it's not just one character that does it. The characters also tend to talk in a very formal way, often using each others full names every time they say something to each other. Do you do that with people you know? I don't and I honestly don't know anyone else who does. Maybe it's an English thing, but it pulls me out of the action. My last complaint is that there is an awful lot of repetition, almost as if the author doesn't trust us to remember why the character is doing what he is doing. We get it, he loves his grandma, we don't need to say it twice a paragraph. Readers are smart, trust us to remember things and comprehend the character's motivation. May sound like a lot of complaints, but I still think there is hope for the series. It's an interesting if somewhat confusing world with a unique magic system and I hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Angles of Attack (Frontlines Book 3)
Angles of Attack (Frontlines Book 3)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying the series. I still can't figure out ..., May 4, 2016
Really enjoying the series. I still can't figure out where things are going. Every time I think I know where Marko is going, he zigs and zags. Quite curious how the next one will go, especially given the ending.

Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)
Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Grayson's saga continues!, May 2, 2016
Great sequel. And once again not what I expected. After the ending of the first book I was expecting it to be all out war on the new alien race that was introduced, but it isn't. Yes they battle them, but that's really the focus of the story. That begin said, I found this book just as gripping and entertaining as the first one. Excellent story and characters you actually care about. Just as I started this book as soon as I finished the first, I started the third as soon as I finished this one. On a side note, I realized I had also bough the audio version and gave it a listen. WOW, great narrator. So whether you prefer to read or prefer to listen, you can't go wrong either way. (have a feeling I'll be experiencing these books both ways myself)

Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines Book 1)
Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book and yet not at all what I expected, May 2, 2016
Had this for a while a finally read it last week. WOW. Fun book and yet not at all what I expected. I kept expecting it to be a major war against aliens, which yes eventually aliens do show up and play a role, though their role is minimal in the overall story of the book. It was just a very gripping story of a man enlisted into military and his time spent serving. Marko's vision for the future is brutal and yet also hypnotic. Immediately started reading the second book when I finished.

Black Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 1)
Black Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer Book 1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising start to a new series, May 2, 2016
Promising start to a new series. It always amazes how so many authors can take creatures we all think we are familiar with, be it wizards, vampires, what have you, and put there own spin on it. AL K. Line has put his own spin on things. There is a unique and complex magic system in place here and I look forward to exploring this word further. The book has a bit of a slow start, slow burn if you will, but overall it's a fun ride. As some others noted, especially in the start, the character repeatedly says who he is, using his full name and title, which in a way was a bit annoying. And yet at the start of the story he's more than a bit confused about who he is, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought he wasn't saying it again and again to boast or anything, I think he was repeating it to remind himself, to keep focus in his mind, who he was. When I view it in that context I find it fairly understandable. Now on to the next!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3