Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Spencer Atherton > Reviews

Browse

Spencer Atherton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Spencer Atherton RSS Feed

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 32GB (Dual Core, Universal Remote, WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 32GB (Dual Core, Universal Remote, WiFi)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for the price!, June 27, 2012
I bought this tablet back in March of this year - just over 4 months ago. My first impression about this tablet was that it was very light and felt well made. I kind of wish it had a hard button like the iPad and a few other tablets I have used do, but that is far from a big deal.

Pros:
*Fast processor that can handle multitasking with ease.
*Simple and easy to use user interface.
*Bright and crisp screen that is excellent for watching movies.
*Great WiFi range. Picks up WiFi networks very well for a tablet. Still will not have as good of range as a nice laptop computer, but it definitely does get the job done.
*Easy to hold and does not get extremely hot like other tablets can do.
*Haven't had a single issue with it since I purchased it. No force closes or freezes.
*Universal Remote (Peel remote) is an excellent feature. Most likely the app I use the most.

Cons
*Not quite as useful as a laptop, but that is to be expected with a tablet.
*Disappointed this doesn't have an 8MP camera. They can put it in almost any phone, but not a tablet?

I personally prefer using a laptop over a tablet, but that is just me. If I had to choose which tablet to use, I would definitely choose a Samsung Galaxy Tab. iPads are great, but a bit pricey for what you get, and the Android app market is much better (in my personal opinion) than Apples App Store. I don't use mine as much as I wish I did, but when I do, I have absolutely zero complaints worth mentioning.

For all you rooting fans, this device is very easy to root. I personally never rooted mine, but a friend of mine had me root his since I have rooted a number of my phones as well as a number of my friends phones.

Over all - for the price, this tablet simply can't be beat. It is an excellent tablet that has great performance and reliability. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that is considering making the purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 11:15 PM PDT

Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop
219 used & new from $500.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, June 19, 2012
This is not my first Mac computer, and certainly will not be my last. Before I begin, I will say that I am not like a good percentage of the people that will end up writing a review on this computer - I am not an Apple fanboy. I have owned many PC computers as well, and like them too. I currently own a Lenovo laptop as well as my new MacBook Pro, and each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

To start with the strengths:
1. OSX Lion is a great performer..extremely fast and reliable. I have it installed on my iMac desktop computer as well and love it. Not to mention this comes with a free upgrade to Mountain Lion, which is very nice.
2. Screen looks great. Even though it is not the Retina display you can get on the 15.4 inch model, the screen is fantastic. Very bright and crystal clear with excellent color.
3. Quietest laptop I have ever owned. Keeps quiet even when the computer is under a heavy load.
4. First computer I have owned with USB 3.0. I bought an external hard drive when I purchased this laptop as well so I could utilize the USB 3.0. I got the hard drive yesterday and transferred all of my files from my old laptop to the new hard drive so I could put them on my MacBook. It took about 1/5th of the time it did with USB 2.0.
5. My Lenovo laptop does not have an illuminated keyboard, so the keyboard on this laptop is a big plus in my opinion. Excellent for people that like to work or surf the web while their significant other is sleeping.
6. The trackpad - can't even compare it to any trackpad I have seen on any other laptop computer.
7. Excellent battery life while being a very fast performer. It definitely has the best of both worlds. I average about 6 hours on a charge. My Lenovo (with similar graphics, processor, etc. and same use) only lasts about 4 or 5 hours on a full charge.
8. Typical Apple simplistic styling. I love the look of the Apple products. Simple and clean.
9. Many, many more...but those are the most notable ones to me.

Now, for the weaknesses.
1. The only thing I dislike about this laptop are the rubber pads found on the bottom of the computer for grip. They may get softer and more sticky as time goes by, but right now they are far from that. The pads on the bottom of my Lenovo are definitely much better and don't allow the computer to slide around while I am using the computer on a glass topped desk.
2. Price - it's a bit pricey for the performance you get, but the added perks of Mac OSX and the durability and support of Apple products makes up for it. For the same price, you can get a PC with more memory, larger hard drive, better graphics, and a faster processor, but then you remember you're running Windows 7, which isn't nearly as well built as Mac OSX.

In conclusion - this is a great laptop. Although it is a little pricey, it is well worth the extra money. So far, the only issue I have with it (rubber pads) is a very small problem that does not change how this laptop performs in any way.

If you are thinking about getting a MacBook Pro laptop but do not want to spend a huge amount of money for one, this is definitely the way to go. It may be considered the "base model" MacBook Pro, but it still an excellent computer. The size and battery life of this computer makes it excellent for people that need a laptop that is very mobile. Between work and college classes, I needed a lightweight yet durable computer and this definitely fits that criteria.

9.5/10
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 7:15 AM PDT