Profile for C. Sayre > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Sayre "cnsayre" RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA USA)

The Black Knight Returns
The Black Knight Returns
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Holy Drek, Batman!, January 13, 2014
Reading the reviews posted before me, I thought this would be a "treat," schlock so bad, it would be funny, MST3K style. Right? WRONG!

Looking at the cover art, I assumed it was a bad Anime. A cartoon. Something that paled in comparison to what DC has been putting out. Or the Avengers series by Marvel.

Nope. Live action. Poorly filmed. I think they used cell phones to make this. The heroes are in Hefty bags. And sweatsuits. Which has to make for a sweaty life of crimefighting.

Watch at your own risk. You've been warned.

Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion Pack: Mask of the Betrayer - PC
Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion Pack: Mask of the Betrayer - PC
Offered by RAREWAVES-IMPORTS
Price: $8.96
56 used & new from $0.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Some differences between the original, October 21, 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Let me start off by saying that I was... am a big fan of Neverwinter Nights 2. Great storyline, cliffhanger ending. I looked forward to this expansion.

The storyline here continues on where the NWN2 left off. You wake up in a strange land on the other side of the continent from where you ended NWN2. There is no trace of your allies from that game, and you have a gaping wound in your chest...

The story takes off from there.

The allies/friends you gain in this new realm are intriguing. Each has their own reason for wanting to help you as well as some pretty strong powers. It's up to you to figure out how to get them to trust you enough to help them. And when they do begin to trust you, they'll share their power with you.

OK, pros and cons of the game, the stuff everyone wants to know about:

Pros - Story. Graphics.

Cons - Camera angles. They've changed the camera controls from the original NWN2. In this game there are only two camera controls that equate to "chasing camera" and "free camera" in the original NWN2. Personally, I can't really stand either. I wish they had kept the camera styles/choices from the original game.

Another con is the "plot device" that they've added. Yes, I get it. This game is for characters 18+ levels, so things are needed to balance gameplay so that you're not a god among mortals. But this... affliction they've chosen to add to the character is annoying. I know character development/stories are best when the main character is twisting on the horns of a dilemma, but this just seems contrived, as if it was added at the 11th hour. The affliction is not unlike a drug addiction. The story unfolds as you figure out what's happened to you and why.

But, all things aside, I'm enjoying this game. The story slowly unfolds where you find out little snippets of what happened to your past allies (who survived, who didn't...) as you deal with you affliction. You help your new allies with their problems and receiving their help with yours.

Much like the first game, this one starts off slowly, allowing you to get a feel for the game before things take off.

If only they'd fix the camera controls...

Wahl 9243-517N HomePro 22-Piece Complete Haircut Kit
Wahl 9243-517N HomePro 22-Piece Complete Haircut Kit
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: $23.36
87 used & new from $18.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a clipper? Look elsewhere!, May 13, 2003
For about the past 12 years, my wife has been cutting my hair. Normally, I keep my hair short in a crew cut, which makes cutting it a snap.
We had an older Wahl clipper which did the job quickly and painlessly. But, it's getting on in years, so when this turned up in my gold box, I jumped on it.
What a horrible mistake.
These clippers simply don't clip. What they do is pull on the hair. They rip the hair out. They hurt! I wind up flinching with each pass as my wife cuts my hair. In the past, haircuts simply weren't a big deal. Now, we both dread them.
My wife has to move so slowly with these clippers (so that the hair gets clipped and not yanked out) that what normally takes about 5 minutes now takes 20+.
If you're looking for a good set of hair clippers, pass on these.