Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Rich Heiland > Reviews

Browse

Rich Heiland's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rich Heiland RSS Feed

Facilitating With Ease! A Step-By-Step Guidebook with Customizable Worksheets on CD-ROM
by Ingrid Bens
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars From one facilitator to another..., July 7, 2000
As a failitator of a process using storyboards, I am always looking for new twists on facilitation in general. As a compact, to the point resource on facilitation and basic meeting management, I think Ingrid's is at the top of the list. While, like any such work, you truly gain the value when you attend a workshop, this book is worth the price in things anyone can adapt and use in any organization. You can never become "good enough" at facilitation and I am glad someone referred me to this book. Two thumbs up......Oh, and one other nice thing. Everything in here is to-the-point instruction - no big ego trips with the author's name dropped into war story after war story...

On Being Hip
On Being Hip
by Jack Kelley
Edition: Spiral-bound
3 used & new from $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the fit and active, January 23, 2000
This review is from: On Being Hip (Spiral-bound)
I hate to criticize this book since Mr. Kelley seems like a heck of a nice guy and does offer good information. BUT...much of the information about the surgery I got from my surgeon, pre-surgery classes at the hospital, hospital-provided literature and free sites on the web. I am 53 years old. I had my hip replaced Dec. 9, not using cement but natural knit. By Jan. 21 I was walking without a cane or crutches. But, I am younger and for 9 months prior, worked out hard - treadmill, stepper, weights, stretching. Within 10 days of surgery I was back at upper body weight work. I found the exercises from my therapist adequate. So if you are younger and used to exercising, this book is not for you. Older, not used to exercise, it may be helpful. It also does not mention aquatic therapy, a great vehicle, particularly for older hip patients.

The Argument Culture: Stopping America's War of Words
The Argument Culture: Stopping America's War of Words
by Deborah Tannen
Price: $15.41
148 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be required reading for anyone who can talk, August 16, 1999
The author has focused in on all the poison that seems to be rife in our conversations today - from radio talk shows to Jerry Springer to organizational discourse. Reading this book, taking it to heart and following its suggestions would eliminate almost all organizational conflict and go along way toward restoring civilized behavior.