Profile for Samantha > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Samantha "80's cartoon fanatic!" RSS Feed (Michigan, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Tarot Detective
Tarot Detective
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Tarot Detective (Kindle Edition)
I loved Tarot Detective. It was a clear, concise book. I feel like I've learned the cards in a whole different way. I think this book would be excellent for a person who is just starting to read the cards. I also liked a few of the spreads Janet included in this book. This is a great read and I plan on using this book as a reference in my studies.

Out of Body Ecstasy: The Anywhere, Anytime Orgasmic Experience
Out of Body Ecstasy: The Anywhere, Anytime Orgasmic Experience
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and entertaining, October 23, 2013
I chose this book as I am very curious about dream and telepathic sex. I'm somewhat a newbie to it all and found the exercises easy and I plan on trying it out. Allies book is really informative and I find myself with more knowledge about out of body experiences. This book is not for skeptics or the close minded. I'd say there was very useful and helpful information for newbies and advanced people. I loved reading about Allies clients and Allies own personal experiences. I will recommend this book to my friends who are into obe and astral traveling and lucid dreaming.

The Angel Code: Your Interactive Guide to Angelic Communication
The Angel Code: Your Interactive Guide to Angelic Communication
by Chantel Lysette
Price: $14.70
58 used & new from $0.16

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, but maybe I'm skeptical..., February 17, 2011
I found this book to be a little disappointing. I did one exercise (which was the clairaudient exercise) and felt disappointed by my supposed validation (my validation made me turn the channel and it was very irrelevant). I wonder if I really heard the angels or if I just perceived thoughts from them or if it was really my imagination at play. Maybe communicating with angels is not for me. However, Chantel Lysette is a refreshing voice (unlike Doreen Virtue, who has just begun writing to sell books). Chantel DOES NOT make it sound like it's either her way or the highway in order to connect with the angels. I liked that she noted that the angels appear differently to people so they may understand it easier. All in all, it's a good read and I had fun playing with my imagination.

Embassy Black Genuine Leather 3pc Purse Set
Embassy Black Genuine Leather 3pc Purse Set
Offered by TradingBuzz
Price: $21.30
5 used & new from $17.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 21, 2010
Like the first reviewer, there is a strong chemical-like smell on the purse, but I love it otherwise! I am so glad I got these purses. They are going to come in handy! I also thought it was a good deal for 3 different purses and they look great.

Sony TCM-929 Pressman Desktop Cassette Recorder with Automatic Shut-Off
Sony TCM-929 Pressman Desktop Cassette Recorder with Automatic Shut-Off
Offered by Wall Street Photo
Price: $199.00
11 used & new from $44.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound, April 22, 2008
I really like how clearly the voice sounds when you record. However, mine doesn't record as soon as you push record, it takes a few seconds, is there a reason? I've had tape players/tape recorders before and this never happened.

Rock Around the Mouse
Rock Around the Mouse
18 used & new from $27.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this album!, August 7, 2007
This review is from: Rock Around the Mouse (Audio CD)
I loved this album as a kid! I wish it was re-released on CD. My favorite songs were Mickey Motion, Mickey and Minnie On a Moonlit Night, and the title track.

Rainbow Brite Special Collector's Edition
Rainbow Brite Special Collector's Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad there is a DVD out even if it is poorly made, July 6, 2007
This DVD was poorly made, the menus and stuff were beautiful, but the episodes just didn't have that "retroness" to them, as in the picture quality seemed kind of dimmed down. I have some episodes on a DVD that had better picture quality that kept its "retroness". The DVD would freeze up in some parts, but other than that it did play great. The audio could have been better too. I had to turn the volume way up in order to listen to it.

However, this DVD will last me until there is an official release of the whole series.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - The Complete Season 1
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - The Complete Season 1
DVD ~ Keith Ferguson
Price: $10.99
39 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Foster's is a great show, but the DVD could have been better..., April 27, 2007
This is one of my favorite cartoons of today. I was disappointed by the DVD that there weren't many features. I really enjoyed the character commentary on "Store Wars" (one of my favorite episodes on FH4IF), but I would have liked to see it on a couple of others as well (like maybe House of Bloos, World Wide Wabbit, Blooo, Berry Scary). I also liked the promo commercials, but I felt that they needed MORE CHEESE! :) All he says is "Hi Lady!"...come on! Add more CHEESE in the promos! :)

I also thought the Imaginations Run Wild was amusing and entertaining. No wonder this show is so popular :) They are all a bunch of characters.

I thought the "Gallery of Friends" feature was useless and boring. It was more like an encylopedia of friends instead of character sketches etc that I thought it would be.

I am looking forward to owning all the seasons as they come out, but hope they will do more with the DVD (like maybe add a quiz in there "What Imaginary Friend Should You Adopt? or maybe some more Cheese! :) ). And it would be nice to see a commentary by Craig McCracken or something about his favorite episodes that he worked on.

All in all, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is worth your money because the show makes up for all what could have been on the DVD :) My family and I actually sat threw it all laughing at every single episode there was.

Oh and I forgot to mention...the gag reals are hillarious...you know, the ones that get shown with the credits on TV. That's also a bonus so check those out. They are all in order by the episodes so you won't be guessing which one did this one go to, did it appear on Blooo? or Berry Scary? :)

Invader ZIM - House Box Plus Extras Disc
Invader ZIM - House Box Plus Extras Disc
DVD ~ Andy Berman

2.0 out of 5 stars The house is nice but not worth $25, January 17, 2007
The house and the bonus extra disc is nice, but it's not worth the $25, in my opinion. I guess I got the other edition with the episodes that costs $100 mixed up and was expecting this to have the episodes. However, the house is cute and well I just now bought all 3 volumes of Invader Zim and it should be coming soon so I can put it in the house. It is an early Valentine's Day present for my boyfriend (who I've got hooked on Invader Zim). TG for Nicktoons Network for still airing Invader Zim!

Little Fox [VHS]
Little Fox [VHS]
VHS
Offered by archiveVIDEO
Price: $35.00
14 used & new from $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't it on Nickelodeon back in the day?, October 8, 2006
This review is from: Little Fox [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Ok, I found this video like 5 years ago at shop that sells used books, videos, etc.

The one I have though, was edited by Feature Films for Families. It doesn't have the violence, or how I call it "The Circle of Life" cycle in it. And the original is more educational than this version because the original is unedited and shows children the circle of life. In nature, everything eats each other because that is survival, baby!

So if you can, AVOID GETTING THE EDITED VERSION. It is hard to follow unless you Google the video and read up what all goes on. I am still trying to find out more info on Feature Films for Families....oh well.

And I remember seeing this on Nickelodeon back in the day on "Special Delivery" I think. My sister and I BOTH loved it. (We were like 3 and 10 or 11). Does anyone else remember it being on Nickelodeon back in the late 80's?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2010 6:07 PM PDT