Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Sonia Schenker > Reviews

Browse

Sonia Schenker's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sonia Schenker RSS Feed (Northern NJ, USA)

Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months: A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business that Works
by Melinda F. Emerson
Price: $15.95
74 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Realistic Guide for Startup Business, February 12, 2010
In 2009, after losing my "paycheck job" as a result of a cash strapped economy, I struck out in search of options and advice to start and run my own business. Not interested in having another boss, I sought to turn my office support skills into a viable, profitable business, where I would be the primary decision maker and pilot of my own financial future. While the internet and mobile tools can ease the way for some startups, I quickly learned that sustainability is a whole `nother ballgame.

I had the opportunity to read an advance copy of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, primarily for copy editing, and found myself nodding along with Melinda Emerson's straightforward and easily followed approach to launching (or growing) a small business. Emerson's words mirrored my own reality - in which I wear multiple hats, must have a strong support system and enough money to get through the early months (possibly years) until profitability is achieved.

My greatest take away from this book is - there is no easy street when you become your own boss. But, with solid planning, smart decision-making and industrious persistence, success and financial independence can be achieved.

I recommend that anyone who is thinking about starting a business or is stuck and needs to grow their business - read this
book - and then read it again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 2:06 PM PDT