Profile for Chaz Palio > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chaz Palio RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Thermaltake Smart Standard 750W 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V 2.3 Power Supply SP-750P
Thermaltake Smart Standard 750W 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V 2.3 Power Supply SP-750P
57 used & new from $56.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, August 5, 2014
I'm currently using this 750w PSU with my fx 8350 @ 4.4Ghz + gtx 760 sli setup and it works fine.
Cables were stiff but that's not a bad thing in my eyes.
Price:Watt was my main reason for buying this PSU over others and I'm definitely satisfied after 4 months of use without any issues.
Fan can make a high pitched whine noise if my system has been running a demanding game for a few hours but other than that, theres nothing to complain about.

MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard North Bridge AMD 970 & South Bridge AMD SB950 Chipset ATX DDR3 800 AMD AM3+ Motherboards (970A-G46)
Price: $79.99
73 used & new from $52.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not use with fx 8350 cpu, July 22, 2014
Not an ideal board for fx8350 users! Apparently the fx 8350 cpu can draw more than 120w when it's reaching maximum load which will cause some hiccups to occur. One of these hiccups includes intermittent disconnects from lan connection. I've had the issue on both my wireless usb nic and the integrated wired nic.
It's been a persistent issue since day one using this board and I've tried updating the bios, reformatting with a different version of windows, disabling OC features in bios, the list is nearly endless...

This issue is the only thing I dislike about the board. I'm sure that if I were using a lower end cpu with less power consumption this wouldn't be an issue.
Also, side note - we also have another pc with the same mobo/cpu combo but with a different gpu and that rig also experiences the same problem. This other pc is used lightly since its operator is 70 years old.
(the other 3 pc's in the house have zero issues with lan disconnections, just the two with this mobo+cpu combo)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 11:09 PM PDT

Twisted Veins 6ft High Speed HDMI 2 Pack (includes TWO 6' cables, Right Angle Adapter, Velcro Ties) - Latest Version: Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return
Offered by CheetahMounts
Price: $7.96
4 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars best price i've ever seen, June 26, 2014
I'm currently using one of these hdmi cables that was included with my cheetah wall mount.
The cable hasn't given me any problems and it's the least expensive HDMI I've ever come across.
I also own monster hdmi cables (50% off deal) and there's no signal quality difference between the two brands.

Crucial M500 120GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT120M500SSD1
Price: $69.29
69 used & new from $63.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fast!, June 25, 2014
I'm impressed so far with the speed on this drive.
My windows 7 startup time has changed drastically compared to using my old 160gb 7200rpm WD drive.

VZW OEM Hard Shell Case w/ Holster Combo for Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 (NOT FOR RAZR MAXX HD XT926M)
Offered by Tommy's Great Store
Price: $4.88
12 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars works for me, June 25, 2014
I purchased this case just to add a bit of protection to my new phone and it's doing that very well.
I normally get quite annoyed by having a case on my phone but this one doesn't get in the way too much so it's perfect.

Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED TV (2012 Model)
Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED TV (2012 Model)
Offered by Adorama Camera
95 used & new from $189.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected and more (usb video support is a huge plus), June 25, 2014
Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. I purchased this tv and didn't notice until it arrived that It had usb with video support.
I normally have very low expectations for video quality coming from compressed video files on usb thumb drives due to multiple devices I've used in the past for this purpose... I can happily say that this TV handles video files from usb much better than other devices that I've purchased exclusively for that purpose.

Pros:
clear picture
good color depth
slim bezel
light weight
remote control functions reliably without trying to aim or repeat button presses
2 hdmi inputs
usb input with video support!
anti-glare screen

Cons:
speaker quality could use improvement
not a smart tv

There's not much to complain about with this tv, I'm very satisfied so far and Samsung has retained my loyalty.

TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps
TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps
101 used & new from $24.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected!, May 8, 2014
I use my connection for online gaming and downloading torrents mostly. I work on home networks for a living as well. That being said, I have slightly higher expectations for technology than the average user. I purchased the 500Mbit starter kit from my local electronics retailer thinking that it MIGHT be slightly better than my wifi connection. I'd never experienced this technology hands on, only heard of horror stories from others.

I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised how well these powerline adapters work! I'm getting slightly better throughput than my 150n adapter and consistently lower latency to my router; 3-4ms average... not the greatest but not bad by any means! This is the part that I was worried about the most. I was almost certain that the latency would be negatively affected in some way due to the nature of the technology.
We live in a home build in 2010 so the wiring is still fairly new and may play a role in the quality of performance I'm seeing.
My download speed is capping out at 35Mbit/s on speedtests which works fine for me because that's my max downstream rate from the ISP anyway.

Few other things to note -
I'm connected on the 3rd floor of the house and my router is on the main floor.
I have these plugged directly into the wall, not a surge protector.
I did not need to free up both outlets to get it working, i still have my surge protector plugged into the 2nd socket by my router.

STI - Rumble Roller
STI - Rumble Roller

5.0 out of 5 stars Painful during use but it works!, May 1, 2014
This review is from: STI - Rumble Roller (Sports)
I'd been going to my chiropractor for the past 4 months, 2 days a week and didn't see much results. I bought this as a last resort and It actually relieves me of much more pain than my chiropractor visits did.
I'm mainly using this to relieve glute/hip stiffness and its doing a great job so far

Smart Temp HC1302 Portable Reusable Hot/Cold Pad
Smart Temp HC1302 Portable Reusable Hot/Cold Pad
Price: $15.99
31 used & new from $13.38

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 27, 2014
works like it should and I can even walk around the house with it on my back and it doesn't slide down or fall off very easily

Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone (AT&T)
Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone (AT&T)
Price: $48.93
109 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with the quality, April 27, 2014
too sleepy to write a long review but this phone was well worth the money and I'm surprised at how nice the windows 8 os operates on mobile devices.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5