Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for dkimbrell > Reviews

Browse

dkimbrell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dkimbrell RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Zoomer Interactive Puppy
Zoomer Interactive Puppy
33 used & new from $109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage. Completely regret this purchase., January 9, 2014
This review is from: Zoomer Interactive Puppy (Toy)
We fell for the hype before Christmas too. My 5 year old son wanted it so badly, finally got it, and by the end of the day on Christmas we all knew, including my son, this was just a waste of a toy.

Here is the sole positive thing about this toy:
When he's on, he IS cute. His puppy motions are very accurate, and match a "real" puppy in a cool way. The kids liked watching him stick his butt up in the air, run around, and roll.

That being said, after watching him move in a cute way for awhile, they wanted this dog to do what it is supposed to do: obey commands. And here starts the cons list:

1. Charge lasts for only about 20 minutes! You can play with the stupid thing for only 20 minutes (fully charged for an hour!) and then you have to plug it back in. Why bother? We thought it was a toy we could kind of leave out and play with throughout the day. No. You play with it for a short time, then plug it back in for at least an hour. Then play again for a short time. Then plug it back in. This is beyond frustrating. He ends up just being always dead.

2. What is this "he learns more commands the more you play with him" nonsense? He is a robot! What does "learn" mean? Humans know how humans learn, but how are we to know how robots "learn"? They should reveal this "secret" to the parents so we can at least know how to know if the kids are on the right track to getting the dog to understand them. Does Zoomer need to hear a voice say "play dead" 10 times, 50 times, or 100 times before he'll actually do it? Is this magic "learned" number hard-coded somewhere in his computer, that he needs to hear something x amount of times before he can do it? Care to share that secret with the folds forking out $80+ to purchase him? We should know how to verify whether or not he is working correctly. And does he need to learn in one session before the battery dies, or can his learning be spread out amongst his very frequent recharges? And how long does he retain the learned material? A few days? A week? A month? And what does "he's a puppy, sometimes he may not feel like following your instructions" (found in the manual) mean??? Is it coded in him somewhere to only follow every other command? Every 3 commands? It would seem like any malfunction could be excused as "well he's just a puppy, he's in a 'bad mood' (also in the manual) or he hasn't learned that command yet?" Well I'm not buying it. Computers should be reliable, and this is a computer. So how does it work?? We have no way to tell. In any event, it doesn't matter, because it would seem he NEVER learns or obeys....see #3.

3. He doesn't do anything my kids tell him. Now, Siri on my iPhone often doesn't understand my kids either. Kids don't always have the best pronunciation, so this is understandable. But Zoomer doesn't understand anything they say ever...and they have normal kid pronunciation. Why market a toy to children that requires perfect pronunciation to function? No matter however, because he doesn't understand me either, even when I speak very carefully. When he doesn't understand me, sometimes I think, "we'll maybe he just hasn't 'learned' this command yet, or is in a 'bad mood' (whatever that means!), but even after saying it over and over, he still doesn't do it. I've never gotten this dog to do a command. At least I can't tell if he has done one, because he spends all his time rolling around and being super hyper, so I'll say something, and then try to observe whether he has performed the action in the midst of all the other rolling and spinning he is doing. So basically he's too hyper to even know if he's doing what you ask.

4. My kids have given up and so have I. We don't know what this "learning" process involves, and he doesn't even stay charged long enough to explore it in any significant way. This toy is garbage. And I'm mad about it because he was so expensive. I hate this toy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2015 2:50 PM PST

Mayfair 83EC 000 NextStep Child/Adult Built-in Potty Seat with Lift-Off Hinges, Round, White
Offered by ShopChanute
Price: $43.48
13 used & new from $31.51

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for a year, then starts to disintegrate, August 18, 2013
**YEAR ONE**

PROS:
-No need for a separate training potty, keeps the house unlcuttered with more baby gear. Baby can use big kid potty without falling in by putting the child seat down
-Looks nice

CONS:
-Child cannot pull the potty seat down by herself, the magnet is very strong.

-----------------------------------
**YEAR TWO**

There are no pros for year 2 because this thing does not last that long. It literally disintegrates. See my pictures I've added to this product.
The bolts that hold the whole thing together are cheap PLASTIC! First the baby seat completely fell off, then within a month the big seat fell off. The plastic bolts crumble and finally snap.
Also, the finish on the seat bubbles and then crumbles. Water gets in through the nice-looking but poor quality finish and then bubbles up the cheap particle board and breaks off the paint. See my pictures.

Prior to getting this, I had a perfectly good toilet seat that was probably about 20 years old. There was not a thing wrong it, I just wanted the baby seat. Now after 2 years, as is the case with many things manufactured today, it needs to be junked. Things are just not made to last it seems. Cheap Cheap Crap. I miss my old 20 year old toilet seat.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 25-count medical
Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 25-count medical
Offered by Livin' Well
Price: $11.99
22 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not fancy, but they do the trick!, June 27, 2013
These have no bells or whistles, but they are accurate! I'd buy these again for my next "am I pregnant" episode!

Bosch DLR130K Laser Measure
Bosch DLR130K Laser Measure
Price: $79.99
20 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully, June 27, 2013
I love this handy tool. Very accurate measuring, super fast and intuitive. I use it all the time. Well worth the money.

Motorola DECT 6.0 Enhanced Cordless Phone with 4 Handsets and Digital Answering System L804
2 used & new from $159.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating details, June 27, 2013
I've had these phones for a year now, and the thing that most bugs me is that the buttons have a delayed action. My whole life when I've pressed a phone button, the response was instantaneous. In this phone system, when you press a button to dial, the "press" is delayed by a half second or so. This is very annoying still after a year...I thought I would have gotten used to it, but it often makes me double-dial numbers because I don't think I hit the button hard enough when I don't hear the tone, so I press it again.

Battery life, after a year now, is dwindling. I'll have to get a new system again soon, just like I do every year because battery replacement in all these phones is more expensive than a whole new set. Things aren't made to last anymore. sigh.

Overall, the phone is OK, but the buttons are very non-intuitive (hand up and answer) make no sense and people using the phone for the first time don't know what to press. Also, they are very light, which makes them feel cheap.

Mini Maraboou Feather Boas Halloween Costume Dress up Party 12 pack
Mini Maraboou Feather Boas Halloween Costume Dress up Party 12 pack
Offered by L & P Leading Trend
Price: $10.50
11 used & new from $6.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Super flimsy and cheap, June 27, 2013
I know the price is good, but it's still not worth it. This are the tiniest feathers attached in the skimpiest possible way to a string. They are super skinny and fall apart.

Rubie's Child's Pixie Ballerina Costume, Medium
Rubie's Child's Pixie Ballerina Costume, Medium
Price: $17.77
6 used & new from $10.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap garbage, June 27, 2013
Might as well wrap your kid in tissue paper and felt. Super sloppy seams, unfinished edges, wings are super tiny and do not stay up. Garbage.

Blueprint Remodel: Tract Home Transformations That Turn Everyday to Extraordinary
by Michelle Kodis
44 used & new from $0.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing lots of before pictures, June 27, 2013
This has some cool projects in it, but I cannot get past the illogical omission of several before pictures. Some projects have before and after floor plans shown (which are awesome!), and then others just have "after" floor plans. This is just so strange, I kept turning pages back and forth thinking, I must have missed the "before" floor plan. But some projects simply don't have them. Makes no sense.

You cannot appreciate an "after" floor plan without seeing the "before" floor plan!

Star Wars R2-D2 Interactive Astromech Droid, 12.1 x 12.8 x 17.9 -Inch
Star Wars R2-D2 Interactive Astromech Droid, 12.1 x 12.8 x 17.9 -Inch
26 used & new from $325.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do very much, June 27, 2013
It simply doesn't do very much. Couple cute dances. Can go left and right. Cool lights and sounds. Kind of a novelty toy to pull out once every few months and show off to people. Kids love when it shivers at the name Darth Vader. But that gets old after several times.

Mine is defective, I have to keep restarting it when it makes a certain beep.

Blah. Kind of dumb after the novelty wears off.

Ematic EM604VIDP 3-Inch Touch Screen 4 GB MP3 Video Player with Built-In 5MP Digital Camera (Pink)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunk of garbage, don't even think about buying this, June 27, 2013
The price looks too good to be true. It IS too good to be true. No redeeming factors here.

Battery life was about 10 minutes the first week of usage. After that, it was about 10 seconds.

So we attempted to use it plugged in, and not on battery but the touchscreen is garbage. You have to bang and bang and press as hard as you can, and then maybe 1 out of 20 tries, the machine will recognize your selection.

We uploaded songs OK, but I cannot select the music selector on the touch screen, so we can't play them.

Camera is a joke. Pure graininess.

We just threw it away.