Profile for CD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CD "Eric" RSS Feed (Wiscosin, USA)

LiteXpress LXL448001 Led Aluminium Flashlight X-Tactical 105 with 2x CR123A/ 550 Lumens (ANSI)
Offered by Big Show Products
Price: $54.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I own both he 104 and 105- Excellent lights, November 27, 2014
A well constructed solid tool. Excellent light output. I like the simplicity of the controls. Light output/strobe/SOS feature is set with easy to turn selector ring with very positive position detents. When you turn on the light, you get the intensity /feature selected. No cycling through different levels/features with the power button. When you pick up the light, you easily see the intensity/feature mode selected. I also own the 105. Which is a very noticeable upgrade in output and has a larger lens size. The 104 is more comfortable in a pocket and very adequate for most tasks. 105 is a more intense output but bulkier. The 105 is my preferred "nightstand" light and I also have one in my LE gear Bag. The 104 is a very good compromise between light output and size. As for features, the strobe is fast and grabs your attention. It is also sufficiently distracting if shined into someone's eyes. Some folks criticize the SOS feature, but I say if you done like it, don't use it. I also fly and I keep a 104 in the plane. Pilots, hikers, etc. might like having the SOS feature. SOS feature selection is at the end of the dial. Both the 104 and 105 are tremendous values. If you done mind spending the extra money and are ok with the larger size, I think you will like the output of the 105. The 104 is a great light for the money and will likely meet the needs of most users. As for the colored lenses, I keep the red and green in the plane for night use. All color caps reduce light output significantly, but that is not unusual. They are there for a purpose. They fit snugly. I expect most users will have little use for them, but for some, they add a bit of utility in special applications without driving the cost up. I hope this was helpful.

LiteXpress LXL447001 Led Aluminium Flashlight X-Tactical 104 with 2x CR123A 190 Lumens (Ansi)
Offered by Big Show Products
Price: $46.50
2 used & new from $46.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I own both the 104 and 105, October 16, 2014

Lenmar SSPU2 Auto 2 Port 12V DC Auto Socket Duplicator Plus 2 USB Port
Lenmar SSPU2 Auto 2 Port 12V DC Auto Socket Duplicator Plus 2 USB Port
2 used & new from $55.59

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, October 20, 2012
I did quite a bit of reading of the many reviews of this type of product. I wanted a quality unit and I finally selected this one. I really liked the fact that it has a replaceable auto fuse. I felt that if the company went to the expense of adding that feature then it may well be a safe (won't burn up) and dependable device. It fits snugly in the outlet so it will stay put while driving. It folds to take up less room in a glove box when not in use. The indicator light clearly shows that proper contact is made, yet is not distracting. The folding feature gives you some choice on how to ''angle'' the device in the car. Finally it will power and charge an iPad 3. Delivery was quick and packaging was good. I plan on ordering additional ones for other vehicles. I hope this review helps others who are considering an outlet adapter.

Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports (1 AMP / 5 Watt)
Price: $18.58
104 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not charge an IPad 3, October 14, 2012
If you are purchasing to use the USB ports as a charger...find a different power source. The output on this device is very limited. I have no way to ''test'' the surge protector so I should not comment on that. In the end I have a very expensive three way outlet splitter. It appears to be well made, but many are looking at the charging function of the USB ports and in this regard I am not sure what devices are operating at such a low power rating that can be charged with this unit.

Griffin Technology GC17120 Extra-long USB to Dock Cable 9.8'(3 m) for iPad, iPhone or iPod
Offered by AccessoryPost
Price: $16.95
10 used & new from $8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad choice for iPad with Griffen Survivor, September 5, 2012
I have the Griffen Survivor protector for the iPad. I am very satisfied with the case. When I saw Griffen made a long charging cord, I was glad to order. They are incompatable. The designers dropped the ball big time and I was very surprised that these two parts are incompatable with each other as the cord plug will not fit in the slot at all. The cord is unusable if you have the Survivor. Of course this is not disclosed. Wasted my money.

The BetterPhoto Guide to Digital Photography (BetterPhoto Series)
The BetterPhoto Guide to Digital Photography (BetterPhoto Series)
by Jim Miotke
Price: $16.27
148 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Basic Text, March 29, 2008
I am an advanced amature who holds a degree in photography and I was looking for a book to use as a basic text for an introduction to photography class that I wanted to teach. I looked at several dozen and I settled on The Betterphoto Guide to Digital Photography. This is an easy to read, reasonably organized book with exemplar photographs to assist in illustrating the author's topics. For my purposes I wanted a supplimental text that the student could use to help understand basic concepts (exposure, depth of field, shutter speed/motion relationships, with some discussion of the digital aspects of photography such as file types and white balancing)

Any reviewer can find some error, missing information or other criticism of even the best books. When I read reviews, I am interested in the reader's objective for reading the book, because this puts the review in perspective. From the perspective of introducing novice photographers and first time digital users to basic elements of photography, this is about the best I could find that matched my style of teaching.

I found particularly useful the tips and personal assignments scattered throughout the book to encourage experimentation (a very useful learning tool). A small but useful glossery of photographic terms and questions first time digital camera buyers should ask are additional benefits of this book.

My final input comes from my observations of my students. At breaks I found many of them reading the book and refering to the sections as they followed along in the class. I had enthusiastic reports from students that they found the chapters easy to read and they were also quick reading. I incude a text evaluaton question in my class evaluation and the overwelming response was that they found this book very helpful to learn concepts that they had never been introduced to. The book dovetails well with basic class instruction and field assignments.

For the beginner, looking for an easy to follow, simple introduction to the concepts of basic photography, this is a good book. I am very happy I decided on The Betterphoto Guide to Digital Photography for my class.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2008 2:51 PM PST