Profile for Mike Foley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike Foley RSS Feed (Loveland, CO, US)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung F90 Black Camcorder with 2.7" LCD Screen and HD Video Recording
Samsung F90 Black Camcorder with 2.7" LCD Screen and HD Video Recording
Price: Click here to see our price
73 used & new from $92.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camcorder!, November 5, 2014
I have owned at least 10 camcorders, of many different brands. I recently agreed to handle the video for my grandson's wedding, and wanted a second camera to add a little more variety to the video. I Googled "Best $100 camcorder", and the Samsung F90 came up. I read the reviews, ordered it with the intention of selling it after the wedding.

I have a Canon HF G10 that I have been using as my go to camera. After using this camera during the wedding, viewing the video, and editing it, I have to say that this amazing little camcorder is now my "go to" choice. It weighs only 8 ounces, is comfortable to use, has an excellent stabilizer built in, time lapse feature (I used this to capture the church filling with guests) is pretty good in low light. Battery life is very good too.

Frankly, I don't know how you could do any better for the money.

Try it, you'll like it!

Timex Men's T49826 Expedition Rugged Chronograph Analog-Digital Black Dial Bracelet Watch
Price: $47.90
16 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, July 11, 2014
I like the watch, it looks great, but, it is very difficult to set. I have struggled with the digital settings since I bought it, and have finally gotten to the point where the digital date display is off only 12 hours. So, for at least half a day, if someone should ask for the date, I can furnish them with the correct answer. I thought that the digital display would advance or reverse by adjusting the analog dial, but no luck.

I'd give the watch an overall rating of 3 stars

Canon PowerShot ELPH 520 HS 10.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full HD Video Recording (Black)
Offered by THEDIRECTSOURCE
Price: $165.00
40 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camera!, February 22, 2014
I love it so much that when someone stole mine off an airplane I'd just left, that I ordered another within 24 hours. I love the size, and, most of all, because I take more video than still pictures, I really like it's video capabilities. I have a Canon HG F10 video camera that I use most of the time, but this little camera when used in tight areas, or as a supplemental video camera is terrific.

I've read a few reviews stating that the battery life is short, but seems for video they last very well. (I ordered a couple of replacement batteries off of Amazon (not Canon) they work great.

8 oz Genuine Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne - SPECIAL RESERVE Double Strength Cologne comes in a cobalt blue bottle.
Offered by Professional Products Company
Price: $26.95
4 used & new from $26.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This is Bay Rum?, February 22, 2014
If this stuff is Bay Rum, then my gym bag is Chanel Number 5. I can't even identify what this stuff is, but I've got a bottle of it now, that I'd happily swap for a bottle of Pinaud Bay Rum.

Save your money.

Bayco K-100 150-Foot Cord Reel
Bayco K-100 150-Foot Cord Reel
Price: $9.97
40 used & new from $6.98

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but needs improvement, February 19, 2014
I was not impressed with the construction of the reel, and made an improvement to mine that I can't believe the manufacturer hadn't already done.

I drilled a hole in the inner drum (next to the cord clip) large enough for the male end of the extension cord to pass through. So, now, rather than have to unwind the entire reel to access the plug, the plug is easily accessible, and once the cord is unwound to the desired length, I attach a small 6' cord to plug into the outlet.

I also mounted the reel onto a board, to give it some stability, when winding or unwinding.

CR2032 Lithium 3V Batteries, 5 on a card (10 Cards - 50 Batteries)
CR2032 Lithium 3V Batteries, 5 on a card (10 Cards - 50 Batteries)
Offered by SELL BELOW COST
Price: $9.50
4 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough To Beat, March 9, 2013
I purchased 10 cards of batteries, and right now, I am using my little reading light with 2 batteries installed. I read every night before I go to sleep, and I have used the same batteries for over a month, at least 1 hour a night. Amazingly good deal.

Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Canon BP-819, VIXIA HF10, HF11, HF20, HF21, HF100, HF200, HF G10, HF M30, HF M31, HF M32, HF M40, HF M41, HF M300, HF M400, HF S10, HF S11, HF S20, HF S21, HF S30, HF S100, HF S200, HG20, HG21, HG30, XA10
Price: $36.99
2 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value & Works With Canon's Charger, February 7, 2013
Contrary to what Canon says about aftermarket batteries, these work perfectly with my Canon G10. The camera tracks the time remaining in the battery, as well as charging the batteries with Canon's charger while on the camera. A great value.

Canon VIXIA HF G10 Full HD Camcorder with HD CMOS Pro and 32GB Internal Flash Memory
Offered by Electronics Basket
Price: $899.00
23 used & new from $549.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Wait, February 7, 2013
After many years, and just as many video cameras and camcorders, I've finally found one that tops them all. I've owned at least 5 Canon camcorders, and have liked them all, but I never felt I could afford the HF G10. I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought it. It's low light performance is unreal, for instance, with just a single 75 watt bulb in a relatively large room, I got great video. The automatic face tracking is a nice feature. I like the camera's matte finish, and the lens shade. The built in viewfinder is a must under bright conditions. If you plan to use the camera with the "Auto" setting, then you are going to miss a lot of the G10's exceptional features. I spent many evenings studying the manual, and discovered many great features. If you plan to make a camcorder purchase, and want better than a point and shoot camera, take it from me; the Canon VIXIA HF G10 is tough to beat.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon BP-827 and Canon VIXIA HF20, HF21, HF200, HF G10, HF G20, HF M30, HF M31, HF M32, HF M40, HF M41, HF M300, HF M400, HF S10, HF S11, HF S20, HF S21, HF S30, HF S100, HF S200, HG20, HG21, XA10
Price: $44.99
6 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Whale of a bargain!, January 18, 2013
Not only is the price amazing, contrary to what my Canon HG F10 manual says, the camera recognizes the batteries, and tracks the time remainng on the battery as it is used. It also charges the batteries while connected to the camera. I have two sets of Wasabi batteries for my camcorder, and both work as good or better than the OEM product.

Canon VIXIA HF R21 Full HD Camcorder with 32GB Internal Flash Memory
Canon VIXIA HF R21 Full HD Camcorder with 32GB Internal Flash Memory
9 used & new from $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great LIttle Camera, October 18, 2012
Wow, I was prepared to be disappointed; I wasn't. I've had video cameras since 1978, and this camera,tops them all. The first thing I did, was to download the complete instruction manual, and print it out. I studied it, and found that with a little time spent learning how to utilize all the camera's functions, I found it does just about everything one could want to do for home video. The built in memory, (32gb) is great, the fact that there are few moving parts is good, and, the SP video is great for most projects.

I love the touch screen, you can access all of the tech features easily.

I could go on, but the only negative is that aftermarket batteries will not charge in the camera, (not a problem) nor can you monitor battery life.

Would I have purchased the camera knowing what I know now? Yes indeed.

Page: 1 | 2