Profile for Elizabeth Hofeldt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elizabeth Hofeldt RSS Feed

Brother 5300 Universal Sewing Machine Carrying Case
Brother 5300 Universal Sewing Machine Carrying Case
Price: $22.61
39 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for your Brother Sewing Machine!, August 28, 2013
I purchased the Brother CS6000i sewing machine (which I love) and the "case" that it came with is basically just a cover (no bottom). This case fits the machine, power cord, pedal, manual, oversized table attachment, and still has a bit of room to spare. It make storing it a breeze - but it also makes traveling with it very easy. I am able to put together a small sewing kit with everything I need for one project and stick it in the case with the machine - super convenient. I've had it now for over a year and I haven't had a single issue with it.

The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
by Rosamund Stone Zander
Price: $10.55
712 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Only OK, August 28, 2013
The "practices" in this book are great and can be applied to so many aspects of your life. I read this book as part of a course on Leadership and really enjoyed the discussions we had as a class on the different ways we interpreted and have applied the practices to our own lives.

However, actually reading the book was difficult. I think it was just a personal preference, but I had a very hard time relating to either author. The husband is a music conductor (I'm not musical, and everything he wrote about related to that) and the wife seemed to have lived a very privileged life. If you are a musical person (especially classical) you will love the examples and stories that the husband has to tell.

Vino2Go Double Wall Insulated Acrylic Wine Tumbler with Pink Slide Top Open/Close Drink Through Lid 10 oz. Set of 2
Offered by E SHOPPE
Price: $10.46
13 used & new from $10.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Picnics and Camping!, August 28, 2013
I purchased these and use them for picnics and for camping (no red solo cups for my wine!)

These are exactly what you would expect - they are plastic/acrylic cups. I like them because they are easier than trying to pack wine glasses but I still feel like I'm having a glass of wine. I have only two complaints (which is why I rated 4 stars instead of 5). One is that the lids are not leak proof (so you can't fill up the cups and pack them with liquid in them, you still have to pack the wine bottle). The second is that the way the lid attaches, the list few sips of wine get caught under the lid when you try to drink it (so to get those last few sips you have to remove the lid). Neither of these cons have stopped me from using these quite a lot, and I still really like them.

Doctor Who Dalek Talking Plush Color: Red
Doctor Who Dalek Talking Plush Color: Red
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $24.75
12 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Respect the Dalek, March 6, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have my Dalek Plush on at bookshelf at my work. Every now and then it says "Exterminate! Exterminate!" without it's button having been pushed. It will scare you to death the first time it happens. So be forewarned and respect your Dalek.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly well made, October 25, 2012
This is a very good product considering the low price.

Positives: good quality fabric, the plastic boning is very stiff and holds up very well, covers the chest without causing unwanted "spillover", very good fit (I suggest checking the size info)

Negatives: The back ties are just a flimsy ribbon which I will probably replace, it smashes your chest down

A good tip: the snaps can be difficult! I suggest "sizing" it on you first (snap the front and then tie the back to how you want it). Then all you have to do is snap the front to take it on and off without untying the back. Start with the middle two snaps - then snap the top and bottom. If you try to go top-down or bottom-up it will be much more difficult.

SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
by Heather Baird
Price: $12.48
83 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing guide to creating edible art, April 19, 2012
I just received my copy of this amazing book! Followers of Heather's blog [...] will recognize many of the desserts featured in this book but will be pleasantly surprised to find some new and beautiful treats!

For those that are looking for just a recipe book, this is probably not for you. Although it is filled with fun and creative recipes (as well as recipes for basic cookies, cakes, fondant, icings, etc) this book is a how-to on baking and decorating artful desserts. Heather exceeds all expectations and has truly developed something that the everyday baker can use to further their artistic skills to make unique and awe-inspiring desserts. This is not your typical "how to frost a cupcake" kind of book - be prepared to really go outside the box to create edible works of art.