Profile for Dr. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. Smith RSS Feed

Doctor Who: The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery
Doctor Who: The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery
Price: $2.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good with small qualms, January 23, 2013
This is very much a very standard doctor who story, very enjoyable if that's all your looking for.

I'll start with my small qualm, call me a nerd but considering the book was featured, quoted, and was a large part of the plot of a episode. I was hoping for a stronger crossover with that episode. While it is set in the same place, and vaguely linked to the plot of the episode never once do the quotes from the tv show appear in the book, which in the end they could have done VERY easily with the book's plot. That and Pond's last page could have been a good touch, however it was also neglected.

As for the plot, it is very Doctor who esque. If you've ever seen torchwood and enjoyed it, a Dr Who spinoff without the doctor, you will probably get your $3 worth for this short story. Melody is a sassy private investigator on a seemingly cliche story, but as she says it becomes bizarre. Doctor Who bizarre in a good way. Complete with it's fare share of lines that left me laughing out loud, melody is as cocky as the doctor and brings a lot of wit to the table.

Quite worth it for anyone who can't get enough from the doctor who universe.

Dungeons & Dragons: Player's Handbook 2- Roleplaying Game Core Rules
Dungeons & Dragons: Player's Handbook 2- Roleplaying Game Core Rules
by James Wyatt
50 used & new from $17.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect from a player's handbook expansion, April 12, 2009
They added 8 classes, 8 races, magic items, feats, paragon paths, ect.

If you've read the Player's Handbook 1, you should know what to expect. Just imagine that book just became 224 pages longer.

If you haven't read the player's handbook 1, start there.

Dungeon & Dragons: Manual of the Planes, Roleplaying Game Supplement
Dungeon & Dragons: Manual of the Planes, Roleplaying Game Supplement
by Richard Baker
Price: $22.38
161 used & new from $3.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, but full of good ideas, December 18, 2008
Let me get my big criticism out of the way first.. When I see a suggested price on a book around $30, I expect it to be worth that much. I was right off put off by how it only has 159 pages. I mean the player's handbook was only $5 more and twice that size.

With that out of the way, I have to say the content if packed and full of fantastic ideas on how to run a planar campaign. It goes over and explains the new Cosmology within 4th edition, it's quite a bit different from previous editions. (however it also has tips on customizing the cosmology, and even examples of past cosmologies)

The details and descriptions in this book are priceless and there's little in the book I didn't ponder about how much fun it would be to have that happen mid game. If your big into dungeons and dragons, I suggest you take the $30 pill and get this book. It's one of the more useful books so far in 4th edition.

Spore - PC/Mac
Spore - PC/Mac
Offered by Digitalville
Price: $16.25
56 used & new from $7.40

1.0 out of 5 stars No More DRM, September 8, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore - PC/Mac (DVD-ROM)
I would sure love to buy spore, but you see I don't buy software owned by DRM like this.

When will companies learn? Consumers do not want DRM, and I wonder how many more would sell if not for DRM.

Teach with Your Heart: Lessons I Learned from the Freedom Writers
Teach with Your Heart: Lessons I Learned from the Freedom Writers
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars you can skip the last half, January 23, 2008
A very wonderful tale except the last bit of the book had little to do with teaching. I enjoyed and learned some new methods on gaining the respect and attention from students. however i learned nothing after she got that from her students except that it helps to know a rich ceo.