Profile for Erin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erin RSS Feed (USA)

Edition: Cards
Price: $13.46
56 used & new from $3.04

5.0 out of 5 stars unique animals, excellent quality, September 1, 2011
My mom bought these for my 17-month-old daughter and we LOVE them! They are bright, fun, and full of unique animals. Unfortunately, our daughter chewed half of them up (ugh!) but the ones that remain in one piece are really great. They are really thick and good quality; my daughter is just a beast with a lot of teeth and can chew threw anything. (You should see her crib!) Anyway, in an attempt to save some of them, I took the 5 letters of her name and hung them up in her room to spell out her name with the pictures of the animals. They make for very cute room decor as well. When she is a little older and past the "putting everything in her mouth" stage, I will definitely be ordering her a new set to play with and learn her letters. I would recommend this set to anyone.

Before Your Birth Day Journal: Celebrate pregnancy: the Journey to Motherhood
Before Your Birth Day Journal: Celebrate pregnancy: the Journey to Motherhood
by Barbara Farmer
Price: $11.52
33 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Simple! I just bought my second copy., September 1, 2011
I bought this journal when I was pregnant with my first child and it's everything I wanted it to be, meaning that it is very simple with just a whole lot of space to write my own thoughts and experiences. Some days I only wrote a paragraph or two, other days I took up five or more pages. I am now expecting our second child and figured I should order a slightly different journal so each child would have their own unique keepsake... but after much searching, I ended up ordering the same one and I will just have to label them. All the other pregnancy journals seem to be "fill in the blank" style and I am way too wordy for that! Or they have a ton of info in them that I can read in What to Expect When You're Expecting, and don't need in my personal journal. This one is just perfect for me.

Please, Baby, Please
Please, Baby, Please
by Tonya Lewis Lee
Price: $13.24
126 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the illustrations, however..., February 18, 2011
This review is from: Please, Baby, Please (Hardcover)
I will start by saying that the illustrations are incredible and overall it's a very cute book. The little girl is absolutely adorable and I love every picture in the book. As for the rest of it, ehhh, it's just okay. I think the text is extremely annoying. So much so that I change the words when I read it to my daughter. For the record, she is 10 months old and she seems to really enjoy the book. She smiles big at every picture and flips back to look at previous pages again.

In my opinion, the text just doesn't flow well at all. It's not even a matter of it repeating the same line, because the line changes slightly almost every page. I think that's even more annoying than if it did repeat. It goes, "Baby, please, baby, please" then "baby baby baby please", followed by "baby baby, please, baby" and then "please, baby baby baby". You get the idea. It's very annoying to read so I just read every page as "Please, baby, please" or I just completely make something up about what is happening in the picture.

I agree with the reviewer(s) who mentioned that a couple parts are a little sad, including the girl being told, "Don't be so slow" when she is simply checking out a flower as children do. It's part of the wonder and innocence of being a little kid. Also, the fact that she had to get out of bed to go ask her mom for a kiss goodnight was kind of sad too.

Overall I give it 3 stars because my daughter seems to enjoy it (even if I'm making up the words) and the illustrations are fantastic, but the real words are pretty bad. I feel like I could have wrote something better than that. I am glad I found this for ten cents at a thrift store because if I bought it full price like I had planned to, I probably would have been disappointed.

Love is You & Me.
Love is You & Me.
by Monica Sheehan
Edition: Board book
Price: $7.19
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars very fun and sweet book!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Love is You & Me. (Board book)
We bought this for our 10 month old daughter for Valentine's Day. I just read through it and it is adorable. The illustrations are very fun and the text is simple and sweet. Overall, it's a great book to enjoy with the child you love :)

What Do You Say?
What Do You Say?
by Mandy Stanley
20 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10-month-old loves it!, January 29, 2011
This review is from: What Do You Say? (Paperback)
This is one of my 10 month old daughter's absolute favorites. She has a ton of books, but this (alond with a couple others) are the ones she always grabs off her bookcase. She will sit and pay close attention to this book and she gets so excited at every animal noise. She will laugh and clap her hands. I think it's very cute too and love the bright, bold pictures (and the random ending that I wasn't expecting, haha). I'm hoping reading this book will help her learn her animal noises in the near future. Lord knows we read it enough!

B. Zany Zoo
B. Zany Zoo
Offered by STL PRO, Inc.
Price: $76.50
16 used & new from $62.42

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure who loves it more..., January 29, 2011
This review is from: B. Zany Zoo (Toy)
This is my favorite of my 10-month-old daughter's toys. In fact, I'm not sure which of the two of us has more fun with it. First of all, it is beautifully made. The colors, the quality, everything about it is just so appealing. Every side has something fun to play with. We enjoy every feature, but my daughter's absolute favorite is the elephant/gorilla/snail race. I set them up for her over and over again and she gets a kick out of pushing them down. I would highly recommend this product. It was well worth every penny and I'm sure it will last through many years and multiple children. This would make a perfect gift!

Whose Baby Am I?
Whose Baby Am I?
by John Butler
145 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10-month-old loves it!, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Whose Baby Am I? (Hardcover)
This is my 10 month old daughter's favorite book (and she has a LOT of books). It is very short and simple, but sweet, and the illustrations are very appealing. No matter what she is in the middle of it, be it playing or having a meltdown, if I pull out this book and start reading, she comes right over with a big smile on her face and pays close attention. For some reason, she laughs at every other page (the revealing of what kind of baby it is). It's very cute how much she enjoys it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for our 9-month-old!, January 4, 2011
This was a Christmas gift for our 9-month-old daughter and I couldn't be happier with it. The only thing she is still a little young for is the drum sticks, so for safety reasons I keep them locked inside the drum. But that didn't stop her from getting creative. She uses the shaker eggs to beat on the drum. She loves to crawl around with various instruments and bang them on the wall. Whenever we need something to keep her busy or if she is getting fussy, this is the go-to toy. I even enjoy playing with it! It is so bright and colorful and provides lots of fun. My favorite toys are those that don't need batteries and that kids can use their imaginations to have fun with. This is perfect in every way. I would highly recommend it!

Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Deluxe Pony
Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Deluxe Pony
Offered by Bella101
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 1st Christmas gift for our 9-month-old, January 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this for our 9-month-old daughter as her "big Santa gift". She got a TON of toys from extended family but on Christmas morning she was so excited about this horse, she kept crawling back over to it to check it out. She is still a little small to ride it herself so we hold her on and help her rock. She gets very happy and loves to pet the horse and lean over to watch the mouth move when it sings. The horse is very cute and soft. We think it's great and I know our daughter will really enjoy it when she is just a little bit older. The only thing that is a little "off" about it, is it sings a song in a man's voice and then says "I love when you brush me!" (or something like that) in a female voice. A little weird, but kind of funny. Still a wonderful toy and you can't beat the price! It may not be something that can be passed down for generations, but it is age appropriate and safe and very sweet.

Pacific Play Tents Find Me Multi Color 6' Tunnel
Pacific Play Tents Find Me Multi Color 6' Tunnel
Price: $34.99
19 used & new from $33.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tunnel. My 9-month-old loves it!, January 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is exactly what I was looking for. My 9-month-old loves it! She will crawl to one end, turn around and crawl back, and keep at that for quite a while without ever getting out. She has a blast in it, crawling and laughing. Sometimes she likes to stop in the middle and just hang out for a bit, or roll around in it. She also likes when we chase her through it (although it's a tight squeeze for grown ups!) or sneak up on her and peek in when she's "hiding" in there. It is a great quality tunnel, the price is right, and I love the primary colors. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I'm sure it will provide years of entertainment and will be great for outdoor play come spring. My favorite type of toy is simple ones like this that don't require batteries and kids can use their imaginations and have endless amounts of fun!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3