Profile for Jason Boehm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason Boehm RSS Feed (Streamwood, IL USA)

GTMax Black Leather Stand Case for Barnes & Noble Nook Touch New, The Simple Touch Ebook Reader /Nook 2

4.0 out of 5 stars GTMax Black Leather Stand Case for Nook Touch, October 15, 2012
You can't go wrong for the price. The stand works as advertised and works great if you like to read at your desk. While the case does fit the Nook snugly the edges where the page buttons are located do bulge out making the page buttons harder to use (not a big deal if you prefer using the touch screen to navigate). Also be aware that the sides of the case are not completely protected so you may want to use a bag or a different case if you plan taking your Nook outside.

JVC HAFX34B Marshmallow Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
JVC HAFX34B Marshmallow Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Marshmallowy Goodness, January 11, 2010
I bought these headphones as a replacement to a pair of Bose Triport IE headphones I owned and in my opinion they sound just as good as the Boses did. Once you take a few moments to figure out how to set them into your ears properly they have a nice, warm sound to them and are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. While they are not true noise-canceling headphones they do a decent job at cutting out surrounding ambient noise. My only complaint that I have so far is that I wish they came with a longer cord. Besides that you really can't go wrong with these headphones especially for the price.

UPDATE: Be careful with these headphones! The foam tips became loose after several months of use and I have gotten them stuck in my ears on more than one occasion. Enough to keep me away from in-canal headphones for now.

iriver SPINN 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Silver)
iriver SPINN 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Silver)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Budget Media Player!, January 3, 2010
I like the way how iRiver takes different approaches to navigation with their media players and the Spinn is no exception. While the navigation may not be as intuitive as it's predecessor - the Clix, the wheel/touch screen combination is still easy and fun to use. The player supports a wide variety of audio and video formats and the playback quality is very good. The Spinn also supports flash based games and themes but unfortunately you won't find much information from iRiver on where to download them. The only issue that I have had with the player so far is that transferred music would not appear on the Spinn unless I went into setup and chose to rebuild the library. Fortunately I found that if I changed the connection type under setup to MTP it corrected the issue. I also highly recommend upgrading the player's firmware with the included software to 2.10 or greater which includes a number of enhancements including support for larger album artwork which looks great on it's 3.3" OLED screen.