Profile for RandyK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RandyK RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
THOMAS & BETTS IT1000 AUGAT SNAP-N-SEAL TOOL
THOMAS & BETTS IT1000 AUGAT SNAP-N-SEAL TOOL
Offered by Inside the Covers
Price: $74.75
5 used & new from $63.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool, November 16, 2013
I'm far from an expert and certainly not an experienced installer but I love this tool. For more years than I want to mention, dating back to my teenager ham operator days, I'd used the old crimp connectors and had gotten pretty good at it. Had to have my DirecTV dish moved a couple of years ago and watched the installer use a compression tool. First time I'd seen one and what were to me then the "new" connectors. Had one of those "blinding glimpses of the obvious" moments that compression fittings were a whole lot better and certainly faster than my old crimp connections. I'd read some reviews and recommendations and settled on this tool. I've been using it a lot around the house the last week or so moving some TVs and redoing some old crimp connections. Bottom line is that it works and works well.

Manfrotto 030- 14 Replacement Hexagonal Quick Release Plate with 1/4- 20 Thread
Manfrotto 030- 14 Replacement Hexagonal Quick Release Plate with 1/4- 20 Thread
Price: $18.25
6 used & new from $18.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Part, August 4, 2013
I lost one of my quick releases.....well, it's somewhere in the house but I got tired of looking for it.....so I ordered a replacement. I guess this is technically an obsolete part so I was happy to find it. They actually had made changes from the original quick release and I like the way this one works.

Pingi Dehumidifier Sachel 450 grams -  rechargeable
Pingi Dehumidifier Sachel 450 grams - rechargeable
Offered by BSV Wholesale
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally something that works!, August 4, 2013
One of the mysteries of life....well, maybe not of life....is why our fireproof and waterproof safe generates some much moisture inside. We're not in it frequently, probably go weeks if not months without opening it, and it's in an interior room that's heated and cooled so it's not like it's exposed to the elements. We've tried a number of different products to absorb the moisture and keep the contents from getting damp. Actually had our passport start to grow what looked like the beginnings of mold. Tripped across this product while looking for a second document safe for our home office and decided to give it a try. What do you know?!?! It's been in the safe a whole four days now and it's already as "dry as a bone" in there! I don't know how long we'll have to go without recharging it but considering you can do that simply in the microwave I can't see that being an issue. Highly recommend!

Butler Creek Lula Universal Pistol Magazine Loader
Butler Creek Lula Universal Pistol Magazine Loader
Price: $28.41
41 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Device, August 10, 2012
This great little device makes loading a magazine almost fun. My new Sig has fairly stiff clips and this loader works great. I don't load clips frequently enough to get a method down not to mention the wear and tear on my "old" hands.

Onward Manufacturing Company Non-Stick Flat Spit Rotisserie Grill Basket
Onward Manufacturing Company Non-Stick Flat Spit Rotisserie Grill Basket
Price: $17.21
14 used & new from $14.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Replacement, July 18, 2012
My wife and I bought a similar, in fact probably identical, grilling basket many years ago. Though initially purchased on the recommendation of a sales person at a barbecue store for grilling blacken salmon we discovered over the years that it was great for all sorts of smaller items we like to grill. We really like that it doesn't have a handle so no need to keep the grill's lid even partially open and it makes clean-up easy as we can even put it in the dishwasher. The vast majority of our grilling is just for the two of us so it's not like we typically have a lot on the grill at once. Works great for lobster, shrimp, all sorts of fish, hamburger patties, vegetables, etc., etc., and keeps stuff from sticking to the grill. We started looking for a replacement a year or so ago but couldn't find one locally. A couple of weeks ago I got what one might call a "blinding glimpse of the obvious" and it dawn on me to check Amazon.

Stanley 95-112W Tripod LED Flashlight
Stanley 95-112W Tripod LED Flashlight
Offered by LA Closeout Warehouse
Price: $11.48
15 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Tool, July 14, 2012
Kind of hard to get all excited about a flashlight so all I'll say is that this one works. Actually this is the second one of this model I've bought. Had the first one for several years and accidently stepped on it a couple of weeks ago and broke the "tripod" mechanism. Looked around local stores and couldn't find one so ordered it off Amazon. Guess the best endorsement is that I liked the first one well enough that I bought a replacement.

Pioneer AS-BT200 Bluetooth Adapter for Compatible Pioneer Products, Black
Pioneer AS-BT200 Bluetooth Adapter for Compatible Pioneer Products, Black
Offered by Electronics Expo
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works OK, June 3, 2012
We bought this adapter to go with a new Pioneer Elite we were putting in our family room just six to eight feet from our patio. We have outdoor speakers run from the receiver and thought playing our own music off our iPads would be nice. OK, it works but maybe not as strong as we'd like. If we place the iPad in one position and leave it there we're good to go but move the iPad more than three or four feet further and it starts to skip. Not a real issue but considering other Bluetooth devices we have this one isn't the strongest. Setup with two iPads was easy.

Pioneer Elite VSX-51 7.1-Channel 3-D Ready A/V Receiver
Pioneer Elite VSX-51 7.1-Channel 3-D Ready A/V Receiver
3 used & new from $449.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Unit, June 3, 2012
We were looking to upgrade our secondary TV setup in our family room where we do have surround sound, Blu-ray, and DirecTV. I just happened to have been in one of the store front retailers and they had a VSX-50 open box unit on sale. Our old unit didn't have HDMI connectors so I was running a combination of component and optical cables and really wanted to clean up the install and get closer to "state-of-the-art" sound and picture. Thought about buying it but decided to read reviews and check out pricing on Amazon. Turned out that I was able to get a brand new boxed VSX-51 for considerably less than the retailer wanted for a lower model that had been used for display. Kind of a no brainer. Maybe not the easiest unit to set up and I had some trouble using some my old HDMI cables but once it was fully up and running it's fantastic. High marks for the speaker setup process that really cleaned up a less than desirable speaker placement because of the room. We also bought the Bluetooth adapter so we could use our iPads with the system. It's right off our patio and it works like a charm to feed our favorite music over our outdoor speakers run by the new unit. That's a big bonus for us especially this time of year while we're outside so much.

Logitech Harmony One 880 890 720 Remote Battery
Logitech Harmony One 880 890 720 Remote Battery
Offered by NIKINGSTORE
Price: $18.99
8 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Battery, May 27, 2012
For some reason I've had two Harmony remote rechargeable batteries fail on two different remotes. I had one extra so got by until the second one failed in another remote. Finally had to give in and buy replacements. For the price these work just fine and a lot less expensive than OEM. Hopefully they'll do better or as least as well as the original batteries.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product that Works Perfectly, May 16, 2012
Without getting into the debate about what is a better connection, direct wired or banana plugs, I'm very pleased with this product. For me it's just easier and cleaner to use banana plugs. These plugs are significantly less expensive than some of the competitors especially when you have a 7.1 surround sound system with all of its speakers. Sure it took me some time to go through and do the double set screws for each wire but it's done and won't have to be redone anytime soon. Bottom line is that they look good and most importantly they work. I'd highly recommend them to somebody who wants to clean up their system and do it for a whole lot less than some of the big name competitors. NOTE: Just bought and installed my second set of these plugs and equally pleased. This particular setup uses an older Bose surround sound speaker system with the original wiring so the sizes of the wires was small but once the screws were set they held perfectly. Both of my AV receivers and surround sound systems are now done so it's not like I'll be doing to this again but wouldn't hesitate to use them again if needed.

Page: 1 | 2