Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Mark Twain > Reviews

Mark Twain's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Twain "Mark" RSS Feed (Florida)

Kobo eBooks
Kobo eBooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Kobo app on Kindle Fire, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Kobo eBooks (App)
I have a Kobo device and it works fine but I'm really interested in Amazon's new Kindle Fire 8.9. Before I purchase this tablet I need to know if the Kobo app will work properly and allow me to read the ebooks I've already purchased from Kobo on the Kindle. I don't want to lose access to my Kobo library because of restrictions/limitations built into the Kindle Fire tablet. When I first got my Kobo I thought I could buy Amazon ebooks and and read them on it, only to discover I could not. That was disappointing. I don't want to make that mistake again. Does anyone have any experience with this -- like with the current Kindle Fire? Thanks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2012 4:18 PM PDT

After America: Get Ready for Armageddon
After America: Get Ready for Armageddon
by Mark Steyn
Price: $20.29
214 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been waaaay better, November 7, 2011
Firstly, I should mention that I'm a conservative who firmly believes we need a government that's far more fiscally responsible, and smaller. What I don't want is a government that thinks it needs to wipe my arse for me and pass along the bill to my kids and grandkids. Frankly, I think most of my personal views are aligned with Mark's; which is why I was so looking forward to After America. It did start off really good. He stuck to facts and statistics and really starting laying out what was actually going on in America. Then, it seems, he ran out of things to say. So he decided to simply bash the left, page after page after tiring page. Adding to the tedium he seemed to think it was clever to put "ocrat" on the end of words. And it was, for the first few times. I stuck it out as best I could, reading page after page and chapter after chapter, waiting for Mark to move on from bashing the left and get back to explaining how the system's broken and broke and what we need to do to fix it. Maybe somewhere along the way he does, but I just couldn't keep reading. In fairness, I have been known to bash the left myself from time to time, and I usually enjoy when it's done by others, but I was hoping for so much more from this book. Remove the needless bashing and cut out the "ocrats" and this book could have been a short story. Finally, I should add that Mark does include a lot of startling information that I did not know. For that I'm giving it three stars. If he'd avoided the blame game and stuck to the story I would have given it 4.5 stars.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2015 8:15 AM PDT

Media Relations Handbook: For Agencies, Associations, Nonprofits and Congress - The Big Blue Book (Communication)
by Brad Fitch
Price: $47.00
56 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend your money elsewhere, November 20, 2004
Sorry, but I found this book useless and uninspired. What's worse is that author is so desperate for sales he's written a stellar review of this book and then pasted it in the review section of various other P.R. books on amazon. I'm surprised that someone in public relations would use such an obviously tacky gimmick to sell his book.

I suggest you buy:

Guerrilla P.R. : How You Can Wage an Effective Publicity campaign...Without Going Broke, by Michael Levine

Writing Effective News Releases...: How to Get Free Publicity for Yourself, Your Business, or Your Organization, by Catherine V. McIntyre

Writing a Press Release: How to Get the Right Kind of Publicity and News Coverage, by Peter Bartram

Media Training 101 : A Guide to Meeting the Press, by Sally Stewart