Profile for Geoge M > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geoge M "George" RSS Feed (CA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Ciyoyo Home Automation Wireless Switch Mini Wifi Smart Plug Control Your Electronics From Anywhere for Apple Iphone 4/4s/5/5c/5s/6 Samsung S2/s3/s4/s5 Note 2/3/4 HTC Sony Android Smartphones and Ipad 2/3/4/5 Ipad Mini Tablets(color White,1 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted and more., November 14, 2014
Works great. Even when your smartphone is not within the same network. Yes, you can control it from anywhere your smartphone has Internet connection! Materials used seem to be high quality. It handles 1 kW load with no problem. The socket shown on the main picture is international type. Mine came with US type socket, not a big problem for me.

Set up instructions were easy to understand. First it creates its own WiFi. You connect to it and choose your permanent WiFi and enter the WiFi password. After that it connects to your WiFI and you forget about plug's wifi. BTW, the plug has an option to act as WiFi range extension for your WiFi! But I never tried it.

The app for iPhone is very reliable and easy to use. Allows user to create schedules. I paid only about $20 on Amazon for the plug and I think this is very low price for such miltifinctional device.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 5:42 AM PST

Timeline: Diversity Game
Timeline: Diversity Game
Price: $11.42
44 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, but poor packaging when ordered from Amazon., December 14, 2013
This review is from: Timeline: Diversity Game (Toy)
Ordered Dec 2013. The game came in a simple bubble envelope! Products like this certainly require to be shipped in a BOX since an envelope does not provide adequate protection. Of course the sheet metal case was badly damaged. Asked for replacement and it was shipped quickly. But the replacement came in the same type of envelope! This time bottom rim was just slightly damaged, so I decided to keep it. But Amazon should certainly change packaging method for this item.

Suggestion: ask a seller about packaging before you order.

GunVault NV200 NanoVault with Key Lock, Fits Full Size 1911 Style Pistols
GunVault NV200 NanoVault with Key Lock, Fits Full Size 1911 Style Pistols
Offered by Shoot Straight
Price: $22.69
58 used & new from $22.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Glock 17 with Streamlight TLR-2 HL Light attached, September 5, 2013
The reason I bought this case is to have it ready for home defense situation but wanted it to be relatively child proof at the same time. I think this case is an optimal compromise. I did not want any electronic locks since some users reported a failure of electronic buttons.

The item fits a Glock 17 (3rd gen) with a Streamlight TLR-2 HL Light attached. Yes, attached! Plus two magazines (one of them inserted). The foam gives it tight fit, so I might trim some of the foam away, to make it thinner. For that reason, a cable lock (that usually comes with a new Glock) will not fit. If you want to keep your gun locked, consider a trigger lock.

Be careful about a placement of your gun since it may interfere with a lock mechanism inside. I am uploading a picture that shows the most optimal placement (IMHO) of my gun.

Good luck and be safe.

P.S. Thanks to Amazon community for answering my question.

MAC ENGLISH-RUSSIAN CYRILLIC KEYBOARD STICKERS ON BLACK BACKGROUND
MAC ENGLISH-RUSSIAN CYRILLIC KEYBOARD STICKERS ON BLACK BACKGROUND
Offered by STICKERS 4KEYBOARD
Price: $6.96
2 used & new from $6.96

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality but does not feel good for me on Macbook Air, January 20, 2012
I put them on my Macbook Air. The labels are PRECISELY the size of the keys. Because of that you can feel sharp edges of the labels. You can quickly get used to it, but keys without labels feel much better under your fingers because of their slightly rounded edges.

The labels stick well, and do not leave residue when peeled off. Blue color looks ok.

I just wish the labels were sightly smaller then keys!

I am thinking to replace them with these labels since it looks like they are smaller in size:
[...]

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Side compartments are TOO SMALL and badly shaped for lenses., December 29, 2011
I own Case Logic SLRC-201 SLR Zoom Holster (Black) from CaseLogic that allows to carry only a camera with a lens attached and I am very happy with it. I decided to buy this one to be able to carry more then one lens with me. However these side compartments are VERY small to fit a lens. Any lens with 72 mm front lens simply does not fit.

I did not try 52mm lens but my feeling is that it would still tight fit. Although the compartment is round from outside, the inner wall is flat. It has a shape of a half of a cylinder rather then a cylinder.

Other then that, the quality is good. Camera is well protected.
I am returning the bag and thinking about small sized Kata or Lowerpro bag.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with colors!, June 19, 2010
Be careful with colors that have no pictures shown. I ordered Red/black. But what I received was pinkish "Pierre Cardin Volnay 4 Piece Spinner Luggage Set" which the same "Luggage Online" sells on Amazon for $170.36. It was not bad but I paid $254.36. Hope is was just technical problem, there was no intention to sell me cheaper product for higher price. I am returning the items.

The item arrived quickly though. Return shipping label was issued very quickly.

I still want to buy the Nautica set, but I will be more careful with choosing colors this time.

Zeikos USB 2.0 SD/SDHC/MMC Flash Memory Card Reader & Writer
Zeikos USB 2.0 SD/SDHC/MMC Flash Memory Card Reader & Writer
Offered by True Modern Electronics
Price: $4.69
26 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost most of my new born baby's pictures., May 31, 2010
It worked for a week or two and then it started resetting itself (Windows reacted as you unplug and plug it back again). It was quite annoying but yesterday it damaged file records on the SD card and erased ALL pictures on the card. After that the disk appeared as "unformatted".

The worst thing was that I lost most of my 4 month baby's pictures. I was so frustrated, I crashed the card reader. Yes, it is partly my fault to: I had to make back ups more frequently. But on the other hand this product is definite piece of junk. Stay away.

Samsung Alias SCH-U740 Swivel Rotating Belt Clip Cell Phone Holster
Samsung Alias SCH-U740 Swivel Rotating Belt Clip Cell Phone Holster

5.0 out of 5 stars Just broke mine, buying another one., August 12, 2009
I just broke mine after 8 month. It was my fault, put too much force. Otherwise I am very happy with it. I am buying two more from eBay ($6.95 + free shipping).

Casio Men's MTP3050D-2AV Classic 10-Year Battery Stainless Steel Dress Watch
Casio Men's MTP3050D-2AV Classic 10-Year Battery Stainless Steel Dress Watch
Price: $22.27
9 used & new from $18.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal stylish watch for every day and every occasion. Own this for 4 years., June 4, 2009
I bought mine in Walmart 4 years ago. I just loved the design. Very balanced, reach blue color of dial, no tacky extras. Exactly what I wanted. I was surprised how low the price of the watch was.

Bracelet. After 4 years the stainless steel bracelet still looks really great.

Case. The watch case is made out of stainless steel. It is made out of another metal (like brass) covered by a layer of what looks like stainless steel. But I discovered this ONLY after 3 years of daily use! The upper layer was worn out in few places, mostly at the bottom edges. Not very visible though.

Glass. For four years the glass picked up absolutely no scratches! Even though I have hit it few times.

Battery. I changed the battery after 3 years. I do not know why this happened, maybe it was on sale too long. Anyway Walmart did that for free, I just payed for a new battery. This might be my watch only.

It goes with everything, either t-shirt or jacket. I am glad I found it on Amazon and I am going to buy another one. I recently bought Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch #BL8000-54L" for more then $300. I looks really good, but I still gladly use my old Casio for every day. If it picks up stretches in few years, I really do not care. I can always buy a new one for less then $30! $10/year - sounds like a great deal for me.

Even though the case does not last long, I am still giving 5 stars because at this price it is really not a problem.

Updated August 2009: just bought from Amazon to replace my old ones. Very happy! I had a little problem adjusting the bracelet. Until I googled it and found many detailed pictures and videos. It was easy.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2011 12:48 PM PST

Clover Sony Exview CCD Camera
Clover Sony Exview CCD Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used for macro., January 20, 2009
I liked the product. If you remove the white ring around the lens, you will see small worm-screw. By using it, you can change the focal length of the camera and focus on the objects about 1-2 inches away!

The camera has very long cord which combines video and power cables.

I noticed that the camera gets worm when operating. But I think it is normal. Does not get very hot. Does not look cheap.

Page: 1 | 2