Profile for melectric > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

melectric RSS Feed (Earth)

Perris Leathers P35S-205 3.5-Inch soft suede guitar Strap Green
Perris Leathers P35S-205 3.5-Inch soft suede guitar Strap Green
Price: $23.63
2 used & new from $23.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and Feels Great, November 19, 2013
I purchased this without a rating or review to go by and I am not disappointed. I use this for a Les Paul with Schaller Strap Locks (B000960KNW and I think it's great.

The 3.5" width is a tad larger than I think I need, but with an LP a little extra strength doesn't hurt. In terms of overall satisfaction, I'd probably give this a 4 1/2 stars - only because the length is shorter than I've ever played my guitars. It's about 50" at its longest. I would've preferred 55" - 60" in case I wanted to sling it Jimmy Page style. Not a big deal though.

Lastly, when installing the Schaller strap locks I did have to cut some of the material. Bear in mind you might have to do the same if you have a strap lock system.

Pink Floyd: The Story of Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd: The Story of Wish You Were Here
DVD ~ Roger Waters
Price: $8.69
34 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Albums, November 4, 2012
Any fan of Pink Floyd, and especially Wish You Were Here, should find this very enjoyable.

In case there's any doubt, this is an authorized documentary.

Not only is it entertaining, but it's actually a little touching to see the band members discuss their memories.

Ernie Ball 6102 Amp Casters Pop-In, Set of 4
Ernie Ball 6102 Amp Casters Pop-In, Set of 4
Price: $23.57
10 used & new from $21.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd Bought Them Sooner, November 4, 2012
I just upgraded my amp [...] with this set today.

I couldn't be happier.

If you're in need for amp casters, these should serve you well.

There are no instructions in the box; just the 4 casters and 16 screws.

Very easy to install though.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Playstation 3
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Playstation 3
Offered by Isomergames
Price: $17.28
99 used & new from $6.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, but there are some drawbacks., June 25, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Disclaimer: I've played Lego Batman (100%), Lego Pirates (100%) and Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (NOT 100%).

I guess this would have to be my favorite Lego game thus far. I'm biased though, as I'm a Batman/JL geek.
When this game was announced, I knew the reason it wasn't called "Lego Justice League" or "Lego DC Universe" was because Batman equals money. The name alone would sell the game. After playing through the story, I realized why it wasn't called LJL or LDCU. It's because next to Batman (and Robin), only Superman gets any real attention.

If you choose to give this game a try because your favorite(s) is/are Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman, Black Canary then take note: They are not playable in story mode. Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg are only playable in 1-2 levels. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. Still, the game was fun to play as Batman and Robin and Superman. The flight controls in the levels (and Batcave hub) are great. Zero complaints. The flight controls, however, in the open world Gotham City are terrible. Once you get used to switching between 'level flight' and 'Gotham flight' then flying in Gotham can be enjoyable if you're just cruising around or planning to land in a general location. Aiming to land on a skyscraper's roof or in a crevice can be a pain.

Collecting is fun and challenging, but tedious at times. The thing that I love most about the Lego games is that it requires different characters with 'unique' abilities to access areas or accomplish tasks. This game is thankfully no exception. The special suits that Batman & Robin acquire are an upgrade, even though half of Robin's look kind of blah to me. These special suits are no longer available while toggling through characters during free play which is great. Instead, the game gives you the option to put on a special suit close to where it's needed - both in free play and the open world Gotham City.

The future: No doubt Traveller's Tales (and Lego) plan to make a Lego Marvel game (maybe individually for the Avengers, X-Men, and Spider-Man) and (un)fortunately they got to try out this new approach with Batman/DC. The good news could be that after doing some more Lego games and learning from the big (but few) mistakes of LB2: DCSH, we might get to see a Lego: Justice League game. Perhaps to coincide with the eventual release of the JL feature film that WB's planning. If they do, I truly hope they give a fair share of attention to the rest of the league members and not focus solely on Batman or Superman. We don't even need Robin in it for more than a cameo or just one level. Maybe give each member (or a pair of members) a level or two each until they group together for some bigger, ambitious levels. Also, they could lose at least of half of the Batman villains that have been in both these games. Bring more villains in for the other heroes to battle.

Lastly, I would stress that this is a great DC game. At least for Batman, Superman, and Robin. The voice acting is almost all great. I did think The Joker was a little subpar, but it's a minor dislike and it still beats the silent miming of ALL previous Lego games. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is an ambitious (for its series) game that's good for all ages who love these characters. The game is at least worth playing through the story once. As for me, I'm close to 80% and should have it all complete within no time.

Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition
Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition
by BradyGames
33 used & new from $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted the Batman cover instead..., October 28, 2011
I ordered this prior to the Catwoman cover picture being added to the site, yet that's the one I got. Very disappointed that I was not given a choice. No complaints on the other contents. The lithographs are great.