Profile for willie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 524

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

willie "roadie" RSS Feed (pineapple park, FL, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Viva Labs Organic Quinoa, Whole Grain, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Viva Labs Organic Quinoa, Whole Grain, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars versatile, cooks quickly, delicious, but EXPENSIVE!, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
this stuff is delicious! i took one cup, added two cups water, brought to a boil, then covered and simmered for 15 minutes - perfect!

i mixed my first batch with a stir fry of hot banana pepper, sweet orange/red pepper, red onion, sliced pork, peanuts, garlic powder, black pepper, soy sauce - fabulous! a great lunch!

these seeds are versatile; you can make gluten-free tabouli, rice-free stir fry, salad, beans and quinoa with falafel tacos, or have it with nuts, chopped dates and raisins for a breakfast non-cereal

but the price point limits this product to those folks with extra means - far out of my pocketbook range - sorry folks, but i can't afford to have this as a staple in the pantry - this was a special treat, and i'll enjoy and share, but boy howdy, is it a budget-buster! i just bought a 12-lb Thanksgiving turkey at one-third the price of this 1lb bag!

Brother SAEMB6 Premium Embroidery Thread, 6 spools, 100 percent polyester
Brother SAEMB6 Premium Embroidery Thread, 6 spools, 100 percent polyester
Price: $16.20
6 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars solved my problems, November 14, 2014
Lots of folks will tell you that there's no reason to buy this thread, and to instead seek out less-expensive brands. I went that route, and ended up with a bit of frustration (and a lot of learning curve) when first starting out with machine embroidery on my Brother PE540D. I tried using cheap Coats and Clark 40-wt machine embroidery thread and thought that it was normal to have snapping, fraying, and bird's nests during each sewing session - even with simple designs.

It's not normal. It's because I wasn't using good thread.

This thread is like night and day. The strength, texture, and ease of embroidering makes sitting down with the machine less of a chore, and without having to sew with my finger poised over the start/stop button to avoid a mishap.

Are these threads more expensive? Yes.
Will these work better in your machine? Yes.
Will you have little to no fraying or bird's nests with this thread? Yes.

I'm convinced that this set is a good deal. It contains the basics and more than enough for my small hobby needs. I only wish Brother made other sets to complement this basic set.

I'll take some suggestions on other threads from other manufacturers, but there is so much cheap, poorly made CHICOM junk being flogged here on Amazon, that it's difficult to even get good search results - Amazon's search base is *poisoned* with fraudulent and con-artist sellers - just read the reviews. I don't understand why manufacturers put up with this, and instead put together some affordable kits and sets - this is just one - so thanks, Brother! I hope you're reading this review. I'm grateful!

MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
Price: $24.05
9 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, Chewy, and Smooth - no Melting!, November 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty filling bar with healthy ingredients. And while most protein or 'nutrition' bars really do need a glass of water while eating, this bar has a smoother consistency than most.

What I really like is the nougat-like covering. Most bars seem to be coated with a chocolate covering that melts or gets gooey, especially in warm weather - not a great repast, and making for a sloppy session.

These bars will hold up for a month in your gym bag. I swim a mile early every morning and I like to have a quick feed after an especially hard workout (most times I can hold off though). These bars fit the bill perfectly for those mornings when the body craves food. The taste is good (combination of peanut and banana is not overwhelmed by the fruit, nor the nut), they're chewy, go down smooth, and are filling.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Pumpkin Spice Table-Top Pump Bottle, 21.1-Ounce
Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Pumpkin Spice Table-Top Pump Bottle, 21.1-Ounce
Price: $20.36
2 used & new from $20.36

5.0 out of 5 stars YES! YES! YES!, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
WoW! This stuff is great! Look, I'm not one for fru-fru coffee, but three quick pumps of this creamer into my cup of Joe this morning, and I was a pretty happy camper!

Believe the Nestle folks when they say this is 'Concentrated Creamer' - it is! There's even a pictorial formula in the red stripe at the top of the bottle - 1 squirt equals one of those creamer caps you get at your local diner.

But the taste! The taste! This stuff is *spicy* with a good shot of clove and pumpkin. Low calories, low carb, with more than 100 servings per bottle - this should last through the holidays for me. I'll be sad when it's gone - why don't manufacturers do pumpkin spice year-round?

Metrokane 6411 Rabbit Freezable Whiskey Glass, Clear
Metrokane 6411 Rabbit Freezable Whiskey Glass, Clear
Offered by Kitchen Kapers
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A Tip and Trick for a Chilled Drink, November 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Does the liquid freeze in an hour? Yes, in my bottom-drawer freezer w/a temp readout of 0 degrees.

Does this glass, properly prepared, chill a 80-proof drink? Yes, but not down to freezing.

Does the silicon jacket prevent drips of condensation? No. Drops formed and fell down the sides of the jacket.

My results, using 2 ounces of mixer bourbon at 75 degrees: Chilled the liquid down to 55 degrees.

However, here's a tip: Chill the drink in one glass, then pour it into another right from the freezer! Voila! The bourbon chilled down to 35 degrees. Nearly 10 minutes later the bourbon was still nicely chilled.

So, I guess having a pair of these works for a solitary sipper? While I have purchased, used, and like this company's other products, I'm afraid that this particular product is over-rated and under-performs. Sorry folks.

Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Fragrance Free Premium Clumping Cat Litter Box, 21-Pound
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars it *is* lighter!, November 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
this litter gets four stars for the lighter weight - those of us who have privilege of serving our feline overlords know that litter is a necessity and must be purchased regularly - however, the last time i trudged out of the local brick-and-mortar with a big box of this stuff i almost wrenched out my back... this litter is the same amount, but much lighter and easier on the muscles

that said, i don't use this litter exclusively - first of all, the lord and master isn't too picky about the litter - that means i can be selective for my service needs - i mix this with another litter which really clumps well, but is more expensive - this way i can stretch the supply and make life easier every day

i look forward to more improvements in litter technology

Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Price: $12.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Dandy for the Throne!, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, 'Bubba' here: Look, I'm not a namby-pamby type, but I do like to keep things ship-shape in the throne room - in particular, the throne. I'm not too proud to scrub a deck, a tub, or a toilet. Problem is, our water 'round these parts is hard... i mean, hard! After one week, there's usually a low-tide marker circling the bowl that is the dickens tough to scrub out.

Well, i'm here to tell ya that this product WORKS! unscrewed the plastic cap, then *carefully* (do this over a piece of newspaper away from the kitchen or you'll catch you-know-what) cut open one of the tablet packets; dropped the tablets in, screwed the cap back on - i then pulled the lid off the tank, popped one end of the container on the outfill, stuck the other end in the downspout, and hung the container off the back of the tank... what's nice is that the fore and aft tubes were kinda groaty, so this is almost a toilet hardware upgrade kit!

Here's the great part: No bowl ring! that's right - none! Now, it won't clean the rim if you're not a straight shooter (if you know what i mean), but you can smell the clean water after every flush...

Here's the even better part: You get *two* packets, and each packet works for 3 months - six months of no scrubbing the bowl!

Yeehaw!

Jillian Dempsey Natural Khôl Eyeliner, Jet Black
Jillian Dempsey Natural Khôl Eyeliner, Jet Black
Price: $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars my wife likes it!, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
well, i like the way it looks on my wife - not me! according to her, this is a 'superior' product - nice-sized pencil, consistency great - didn't 'tug,' soft enough, but didn't over-smudge, hard enough for definition, colorful enough, but was spreadable using the soft tip... she looks great with this eyeliner, and she said she was also able to get a firm line using the pencil - she also says 'no raccoon eyes, it stayed on all day'

but most of all, she says that it is not tested on animals - cruelty free!

guys - this would make a great stocking stuffer!

Turtle Beach Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Ear Force Sentinel Task Force for PS4
Price: $79.95
5 used & new from $75.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamer Approved!, November 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this headset - because my nephew, who is an el33t gamer (while i'm a n00b), says that these are top-gun quality! According to him, the headphones work great. He said he's never owned a Turtle Beach product before. I have, as an iMac owner with the newer model, which doesn't have mic input - so i use the Amigo II, which provides mic and headphone jacks for PSK31 ops via CocoaModem. (It's a plug-it-in-and-use-it product - the best)

According to my nephew, he now knows why everyone likes Turtle Beach and this headset. He says the audio coming through the headset was clear and crisp. He said, "Playing a game with them on was pretty awesome. I was playing The Last Of Us on PS4 and I felt like I was in the game. The mic that detaches works well too. My voice was clear with no lag or glitches while talking to a group of friends."

The headset is compatible with the PS4, and comes with a detachable mic.

My nephew gives this headset a '4' for the "Drool Factor" - he only wishes he could have afforded one for himself - it's that good! And he recommends the unit for other gamers. "Easy to activate and use, and the quality was great!"

BTW, he also says you can use these for PC gaming too!!

5 Stars from my nephew. 5 stars from me. He was impressed, and for this old dude, that's one in the win column for me!

Respironics ComfortGel Blue Full Headgear
Respironics ComfortGel Blue Full Headgear
Offered by Health Store and More
Price: $13.99
4 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The genuine Respironics article!, November 3, 2014
These are the real deal from the Health Store and More - not counterfeit junk, but genuine Respironics head gear - quality made (in Germany, btw), simple, smooth, and adjustable.

I'm gonna sleep great tonight!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20