Profile for M. Beauchamp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Beauchamp RSS Feed (Marquette, MI)

Marquette, Mi
Marquette, Mi
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comming home., October 5, 2014
This review is from: Marquette, Mi (MP3 Music)
Being from Marquette and then moving away at age 29 I have an obvious place in my heart for this city. I came back just a week or so ago, and this song randomly came on Q107 WMQT (on my first day back). I didn't realize it was about Marquette at first, but when it hit me it hit me hard. What a strange coincidence to hear it. Pretty much filled me with unbelievable energy and it changed my life forever. Never before in the history of mankind has a song spoke to me in such a manner that would span the entire spectrum of emotions. My very consciousness exploded into a fury. For the first time this young planet that we call Earth had a single inhabitant that exceeded all others in every way. The immense radiance that was expelled by the inner depth of my very soul blinded oncoming traffic. Cars swerved, billows of flames mushroomed up into the air. Lovers cried out in agony, children cried. Many lives were lost in that moment each with futures that could have changed the definition of what it meant to be human. The epicenter of destruction cruised past Donker's; the fabric of space time was splintered and tattered around a simple 6 cylinder machine. The illusion of time ceased to exist and things began to decay at an accelerated rate. The skyscape was filled with a whirl of date night cycles, the seasons were nothing more than a blur. For a moment I saw the end of all things, and a singularity so beautiful and dense that it would cripple any other man and drive him to insanity. I however, wasn't affected as the being I had become could no longer be classified as human. To put it shortly the song is ok 4/5 stars.

Stone and Echo: Live at Red Rocks
Stone and Echo: Live at Red Rocks
7 used & new from $73.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Live version of every single "Perfect Circle Song" ever written, May 2, 2014
As of the date of this review this box set has amazing versions of every "A Perfect Circle" song ever written.

Included is 5 total CDs and 1 DVD

~Let's Have a War
~Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of a War Drum
~When the Levee Breaks
~Fiddle and the Drum
~By and Down (Listed as By and Down) (Actually a 15 minute jam session with lots of talking to the crowd) (It has a mashup of covers (almost like a medley) of "Diary of a Madman" by Ozzy Osbourne and "Love Song" by The Cure. There might be another song in there somewhere that I missed.)

*-----Stone and Echo (Disc 1)-----*

~Orestes
~Passive
~Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of War Drums
~Fiddle and the Drum
~By and Down (Actually By and Down and a damn good live version I might add)

Penpal
Penpal
by Dathan Auerbach
Price: $9.99
44 used & new from $7.09

3.0 out of 5 stars The ending felt rushed, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Penpal (Paperback)
Now don't get me wrong even with the writing inconsistencies and conjugation errors I really enjoyed this book, but I felt like the ending just failed the rest of the book.

Josh was one of the best rounded characters in the book, and yet he starts acting peculiar after they go looking for boxes. I don't buy that two friends who are so strongly connected could be torn apart by this incident. I feel like something else was happening to Josh that was never explored.

I feel like there was never any real climax to the story, it built up and built up and then nothing. For those reasons I feel like the book was only 2/3rds written at best. I realize that novel was completely from the protagonists point of view, so it would be difficult to tell pieces of the story that weren't witnessed by him, so it would have to be adapted.

Anyhow I feel like the book was very engaging, but the ending just fell flat. The reader is speculating about who this mysterious person is, what their motivations are, and much more the entire experience. To simply end the story the way it was is somewhat insulting (as I already knew everything by the end before I read it).

I think this story needs an extra act, or part of the story needs to be told from Josh's perspective.

Anyhow I'm not a writer, but to end a book like this felt wrong. Great book horrible ending. 3/5 (felt unfinished)

Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Offered by Consumer Express L.L.C.
Price: $31.98
127 used & new from $9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Diablo 3... A game of skill?, June 10, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Diablo 3 has been criticized to death for it's lack of single player offline play. It has also been criticized for Blizzard being money hungry due to the real money auction house. I will be taking neither of those into account in this review, and I will instead focus on the fun factor of the game.

I am going to go at this point by point, and realize that I only played as a demon hunter however, I did make it to Diablo on Inferno.

*First off the enemies don't take much skill to defeat and therefore can be cheap in killing you. Let me elaborate, there are enemies in each act the no matter what skills you have or how fast you react you will still die to. I enjoy games that have the enemies give subtle cues at to what they are about to do so that I can act appropriately and dodge what is coming. Perhaps that is what makes games actually take skill, and not just mindless button mashing? I can give you 2 examples:
1. Oppressors in Act IV: They have a charge that instantly kills in one hit, no way to dodge it and no animation that they are going to do it. You just die and then you wait for your death timer.
2. Soul eaters: You know the licker enemies that just basically lash you instantly with their tongues (killing you instantly).

*The gear is broken and doesn't have balance. I bought a pair of boots on the auction house for 750,000 which had 15% attack speed on them. The attack speed has been broken since launch, and frankly they've "hot fixed" many things since then (so why not my boots?). I guess Blizzard doesn't care enough about their community to fix this. Also I'm not excited to see legendary items because they are balanced so poorly that they end up being completely useless. The items also suffer from a lack of creativity. They are just boring stats, and don't change the way your class will play.

*The bosses are simply gear checks. That's right no matter how skillfully you play if you don't have the gear you do not pass. I don't like this particular aspect as I find the bosses are cheap and undodgable in many instances. It just doesn't feel like they are balanced well into the game.

*Level cap of 60 and lowering gear drop rates. Getting gear to drop is nigh impossible in this game. In the previous games you would get legendary items in normal difficulty. I have only ever seen 2 drop in 180 hours of game-play. I didn't see my first until Inferno Act IV. That in itself is ok although a bit annoying, but they took away the level 99 cap (which was really hard to achieve). The level 99 cap made grinding for gear a little more tolerable because you were getting experience at least so it felt productive. Now it feels tedious and stupid.

*Enrage timers on non-normal enemies. There is no room for enrage timers in the Diablo universe. Maybe I'm oldschool but this is not acceptable... Just because I've stayed alive long enough to continue to do damage doesn't mean I still lose because I don't have the gear. It means I'm skilled, and really trying. To thwart this kind of attempt is soul crushing, not fun, and doesn't encourage skill based play.

So ya there is a lot more, but I'll end there since I'm focusing on skill based gameplay only. I would recommend simply steering clear of this one... I wish I would have.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2012 2:12 AM PDT

Prinny™ 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!
Prinny™ 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!
Offered by Sign Up
Price: $61.29
28 used & new from $12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 2D Platformer, February 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Super awesome oldschool 2D platformer with a good sense of humor & massive amount of re-playability. This game is 100% worth the money, and I recommend it to anyone who likes 2D platformers & longs for the days of the NES & SNES.

V Is for Vagina
V Is for Vagina
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $21.99
20 used & new from $10.16

4.0 out of 5 stars This CD is different, but is same old same old always good?, November 1, 2007
This review is from: V Is for Vagina (Audio CD)
To tell you guys the truth I've had this CD since release, and at first I didn't really like it much. It didn't have the ambience of Tool and the lyrics weren't very insightful or thought provoking.

Still after about 20 times listening to it, I found that it's ability to get you pumped up is it's defining quality. It wasn't made to be thought provoking, it's a different project and therefore a different style.

Some of the tracks I still don't like at all, and that's fine I will keep listening to them until I find qualities in them that I like. The beauty though is in the track that I really like which are:

Queen B (Totally kicking!!! A new age I Like Big Butts)

Dojo (Simply awesome background concentration music)

Vagina Mine (A beautifully creepy compilation of lyrics and hidden meanings)

Momma Sed (Perhaps my favorite on the whole album, a song hasn't gotten me this pumped up ever)

Indigo Children (Just an awesome techno style song)

The rest I haven't really gotten into yet, I will find things that I love about them though i'm sure.

I think Maynard said it best when he said:

"Check your over inflated expectations at the door."

This album is some of the best background music I've found in years. A quality that Tool lacks in it's all encompassing attention whoring quandries.

So bottom line is it's something different, and it took me a while to get used to that, but it really is a beautiful collection of unique music.