Profile for TheStickRules.Com > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheStickRules.Com RSS Feed (Locust Valley NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Webster's New World College Dictionary
Webster's New World College Dictionary
by Michael E. Agnes
25 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars I need it to write well !, August 6, 2003
This is a book everyone should own. Even if you did not go to college.
I use it in my everyday life when I write for my web site or for the magazine that prints my articles on horse racing.
I went to college and used it way back when and to be honest the updated version still gives me new words and explanations of words I did not know.
A very valuable book for all of us in a time when education is not emphasized as strongly as it should be.
Reading and Writing and understanding our English language is very important.
This one should be in your libarary, and if you have an older copy, its time to update to the new one !
Best Regards to All, MC-TheStickRules.Com

Daily Horse Racing - PC
Daily Horse Racing - PC
2 used & new from $56.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Activision ! GREAT GAME ! 5 Stars, August 6, 2003
Activision teamed up with Daily Racing Form and made a really great Horse Racing game.
This one makes me think they were aiming for the arcade with qa version and then decided that a home version was enough.
Guys, you did such a wonderful job on this one, you should have gone for an arcade version, people would play it !
Being amjor horse racing enthusiast and On line handicapper, my friends and I play this game all the time, and we love it.
You say you think a horse could do better if the jockey rode it a certain way ? Well go ahead and prove it by taking the reigns and riding him yourself ! Told you speed was favoring on the turf and this horse was the speed !
This game a MUST BUY for the people who like vidoe games and Horse Racing.

Final Stretch-Horse Racing Sim - PC
Final Stretch-Horse Racing Sim - PC
6 used & new from $15.23

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, well done graphics Hoever EURO style, August 6, 2003
This was some incredible design job and the graphics are truly incredible as are the sounds and sights. Its like a virtual reality day at the Races.
The only slight drawback to this game is that even when you select a race in the USA, all the races arr in Euro distances and measurements, making it tough for many of us to be sure of the distance.
However that said, this game is complete in every other way and a must buy for the Horse Racing fan.
I would tell the programmers of this one to go back to the start phase and make a USA Version of the game and use American Tracks, and this one will sell like hotcakes ! If it is not doing so already.

Philips DVDR75 Progressive-Scan DVD Player/Recorder
Philips DVDR75 Progressive-Scan DVD Player/Recorder
4 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but realize there will be future upgrades, August 6, 2003
If you have to have it on DVD now, then this is a very decent machine to buy. I for one, had to transfer a ton of VHS shows I taped, and I can do in a format that works on my laptop or on the unit itself for playback.
The quality of the recordings is equal to the VHS quality I saved the programs originally. This makes theproduct satisfy me for what I wanted to do with it.
As with all electronics there will always be upgrades and improvements, but you have to ask yourself is it worth waiting for ? You could wait a long time and not see major changes and then you will be paying a higher price when the new units come out.
For what I wanted to do with this machine I was satisfied.
What do I want for the future ? Faster record times would be a main request, however, with the built in memory record I can do other things while I burn a DVD from memory.
Its a quality unit, and despite some flaws does what most people want it to do.

Dr. Fager: Thoroughbred Legends
Dr. Fager: Thoroughbred Legends
by Steve Haskin
29 used & new from $13.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron Horse of Racing, August 6, 2003
When you read this book and see how much Dr Fager accomplisheed in his career, you have to marvel at this horse.
While everyone points to Secretariat as the greatest os all time, I bet Dr Fager would have give him a run for his money ESPECIALLY if they ran in a sprint race(a race uner 1 mile).
The single most amazing record Dr Fager held was his 1:20, 7 Furlong time. Its not just the time, look at the weight he carried ! Most horses would have collapsed or pulled up in distress, but the Dr kept on rolling strong.
Steve Haskin did another noteworthy job on this one and it deserves to be in your Library.
Best Regards to all, MC - TheStickRules.Com

The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
by Arthur Agatston
Price: $19.50
2200 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No Carbs, but enjoy the spices and protein !, August 6, 2003
Arthur Agaston did a very good job capturing the diet trend in South Beach.
You can find a huge # of meals in local restaurants that seem to be made from the diet's main theme of cutting your carbs in favor lowering you weight.
What many people don't realize but that Agaston has shown is that you can get fat even if you think you are eating healthy.
Our bodies metabolize and convert what we eat and its important to realize that a bag of salt free, baked potato chips, can still make you gain weight even though you think it might not.
This is an important book for people who really need to lose weight or use their figure in their work. Either way, you will look and feel better, and you will be surprised at how you do not have to give up taste !

The American Racing Manual 2003
The American Racing Manual 2003
by Steve Davidowitz
24 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Important and neccessary for the Statistical Handicapper, August 6, 2003
This is a very important book if you want to have detailed stats and information on jocks, trainers and horses.
For someone in the business like myself, this is an invaluable resource.
You cannot find these stats anywhere else, and it would be next to impossible to compile them yourself.
Very worth the price, and a good job by Steve Davidowitz.
Best Regards to all, MC -TheStickRules.Com

Picking Winners: A Horseplayer's Guide
Picking Winners: A Horseplayer's Guide
by Andrew Beyer
Price: $12.60
95 used & new from $2.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy hits a home run again !, August 6, 2003
If your not familiar with how to pick winners at the horses, you need to read this book.
I have been in the business of picking winners on line for many years, and I would have to say that Andy has been an inspiration to me.
You need to know a little about the horses, but this book helps you identify many classic patterns and things to look for.
Another must have in your collection at home.
Thanks Andy !
Best Regards to all, MC - TheStickRules.Com

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Widescreen Edition)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by abc.sell
Price: $11.00
559 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done, and Entertaining, August 5, 2003
The Harry Potter saga started as a group of runaway best selling books, and then they turned the books into movies.
Sometimes this can be a disaster, other times, the movies deviate from the books.
HOWEVER, in this case, the Harry Potter movies are every bit as entertaing as the books. They also stay TRUE to the storyline which is very important to a majority of people.
I am in my 30's and I was able to sit through this entire movie without once being distracted or feeling bored, theaction and pace were wonderful.
This one is very worthwhile in your library of DVD's, an if you have kids, I hope to one day, they will love it !

Sports Collectors Digest (1-year) [Print + Kindle]
Sports Collectors Digest (1-year) [Print + Kindle]
Price: $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice magazine, August 5, 2003
I bet all of you out there can find in your basement or addict old sports memorabilla from when you were a kid, or from some day when you went out with your friends or family.
How much is it worth ? Is it worth money, or is it a personal memory that is yours to cherish no matter what someone else is willing to pay for it ?
This magazine will help you find out, and the people writing it seem like a nice group of people, check this one out, its pretty good !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4