Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Margaux Paschke > Reviews

Browse

Margaux Paschke's Profile

Customer Reviews: 854

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaux Paschke RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
CobraCo  Horse Campfire Ring FRHORS369
CobraCo Horse Campfire Ring FRHORS369
Price: $47.20
10 used & new from $45.99

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CHOICE, May 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this for our backyard and I am pleased with the results. It was easy to put together but it took some time for proper placement. This is not a fire pit so you will need to prepare the ground first by placing stones, bricks or a large dirt area (anything fire proof) underneath this fire ring before you use it for safety reasons.

Once it was ready, it looked and worked great. I am a little concerned about durability and will report back after a season of use. I'm afraid keeping it outside and heavy usage will wear the bottom of this fire ring down.

I am not so sure I will be using the portable part of this fire ring. It can be disassembled and re-assembled to bring camping which would be great, if we were campers. We use it in a rustic sitting area and I love the style and warmth it provides. I am very happy with this Campfire ring and have used it several times with no issues.

The price is very reasonable but be prepared to put in some prep time in order to use this fire ring safely.

Belkin Camo Cover Folio with Stand for Apple iPad mini, Gray (F7N017ttC00)
Belkin Camo Cover Folio with Stand for Apple iPad mini, Gray (F7N017ttC00)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CHOICE, May 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this for my son and we are both happy with it. I love the durability and protection (key for children) this case provides and my son loves the camo print.

The mini iPad easily snaps into place and once in, it is kept firmly in place. This case also provides two placement slots for vertical viewing. It closes with a magnetic (?) snap that makes it real simple to open and close.

This case is priced on the higher end but the money is worth it. No complaints.

My Biker Bodyguard
My Biker Bodyguard
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD STORY, April 26, 2013
This is yet another biker romance with some mystery thrown into the mix. The hero is a reformed bad boy and the heroine is a biker princess. It's very biker-lite and the story centers more on the "who is trying to kill them" aspect than any biker culture. The relationship builds between the two before ending up in bed. I felt the book was too short and the characters were interesting enough to delve deeper and providing quick reading of them made for less memorable characters. I wanted to know more. That being said, this book held my interest from beginning to end and I am quick to toss a book aside if it doesn't keep my attention.

The hero was an alpha male and the heroine was a strong female who was appreciated by the hero. I really liked how the heroine was not the usual helpless bit of fluff. It's a good story that is well written but you could wait to read it. I will look for future works by this author.

Sex: a few encounters and one sex scene - 16+

Language: average cursing, no overly course language or too graphic

Recommend to Friend? Absolutely

Permanent Library? No

Trick
Trick
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Poignant Tale of Star-Crossed Lovers, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Trick (Kindle Edition)
Although the plot might sound familiar - rich girl falls for bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks - Lori Garrett provides such a poignant tale that it avoids the pitfalls of tired and retreaded love stories. I enjoyed reading this tale and wished it was longer, I really wanted to know these characters better. Not sure why, out of all the titles the author could have gone with, she choose "Trick?" A play on the name of the bar the hero owns or meaning of life? This is a well written debut by this author with no noticeable typos.

Each chapter alternates between the Heroine (Harlow, a pampered daddy's girl type) and the Hero (Gunner, the essential good looking bad boy with tattoos and very bad a$$ attitude) and I appreciated being able to see how each character felt and it added to their story. It takes place in the present but they flash back to their summer of first and only love that happened three years ago. Gunner and Harlow are deeply in love - he has her name tattooed on his wrist, not that this in itself means permanent but the gesture is swoon worthy - but Gunner thinks Harlow deserves better is is trying to do the right thing.

The angst and passions of Gunner and Harlow come to life vividly with Lori Garrett's words and the money and time spent reading them was worth it. The author has a related book entitled "Risk" coming out that features Harlow's best friend Daisy and I plan to buy it.

Forbidden
Forbidden
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD START TO THE SERIES - 3.5 STARS, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Forbidden (Kindle Edition)
This is a short story and intro to the series called Forbidden. It runs about 77 pages. I liked the story but I'm tired of incomplete stories that force me to wait, sometimes six months or more, for the next installment. The story is well written without a lot of typos.

Ryan (17) and Becca (just shy of 16) are childhood friends who have become young lovers. Their relationship seems perfect until they are suddenly torn apart and it isn't until eight years later that they meet again. Before Becca can accept a marriage proposal, she wants to see Ryan one more time. She wants to see him now, as an adult, to be able to put their relationship behind her and move on with her life. I am there beside Becca as she waits in front of Ryan's door questioning her decision to find him after all this time. Will he look the same? Will she feel the same way about him? Will Ryan hate her for not seeing him since the incident? As Becca realizes that no one wants to face "what ifs" and decides to leave, Ryan opens the door.

The author sets the scene for a poignant story of young lovers torn apart by tragic circumstances and their steamy reunion. Yes, it is one of those stories where characters have sex early and often (and in graphic detail) but given their past, I bought it. Yes, there is a complication that prevents these star-crossed lovers from walking into a golden sunset holding hands but I'm hoping it won't take several installments told in 100 pages or less to reach a happy ever after. Ryan seemed too good to be true as a hero and the heroine was immature in comparison but hey, they're in their early 20s and it's fiction.

This first installment draws the reader in and keeps your interest until the last page but the short length and cliffhanger is irritating. I hope that future installments in this series are longer.

TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 Wireless N750 Dual Band Router, Gigabit, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 450Mbps, 2 USB port, Wireless On/Off Switch
Price: $61.17
88 used & new from $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars SOLID CHOICE, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This dual band router provides good wireless service. The device provides 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi concurrently (nice). It performs much better on the 5 Ghz then the 2.4 GHz band width. It has four Ethernet ports and two USB ports (for USB drives and printers). Not thrilled with the three external antenna which makes it stand out instead of blending in but no points deducted. I had some issues with the wireless performance using the 2.4 GHz (dropped on occasion) and needed to be reset a few times but updating the firmware addressed this issue.

I had rated this router at 3 Stars but a comment from the manufacturer recommending updating firmware and the related link proved helpful. I'm really liking the responsiveness of the manufacturer to customer issues. I am happy with the performance of this devise.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2013 11:27 AM PDT

Microsoft Windows 8 - Upgrade [Old Version]
Microsoft Windows 8 - Upgrade [Old Version]
Offered by RTE Enterprises
Price: $64.00
11 used & new from $64.00

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT A HUGE FAN, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this thinking that the latest version of Windows would be a good thing and turns out, not so much. Windows 8 would work much better as an operating system for touch screen devises than PCs. Please note that it is compatible with x86/64 PCs, requires 2GB RAM, 20GB of hard drive and a DirectX 9 graphics card with WDDM driver. Also, this is an upgrade so you will need to have Windows XP or Windows 7 already installed for it to work.

It took me around 15 minutes to install and the tiled based start screen is modern and reminds me of mobile devises. My PC is not mobile and using my mouse seemed counter productive in some instances (especially when accessing certain apps) but worked well in others (sliding your mouses from side to side works to scroll through screen pages). I liked how much faster Windows 8 starts up over Windows 7; it consistently cut start up time in half. The browsing speed was a different story as I found it to be slightly slower and as this function is more used, more concerning. There were cool features bundled in a completely new way. Instead of the usual (documents, pictures, music, games, etc.), Windows 8 has: Personalize, Users, Notifications, Search, Share, General, Privacy, Devices, Wireless, Ease of Use, Sync your settings and HomeGroup. It took some time to get used to the new organization but it functions well once you get use to it. It makes navigation easier and gets rid of all the programs I had pinned to my task bar. It does provide plenty of customization in settings to personalize your PC with colors, design and image options.

There were many things that I did not like about Windows 8 and I am seriously considering uninstalling it. I did not like how some of my files required me to go through an app to access it. Not convenient. I really didn't like how a few functions now had to be purchased as an app for a small fee to be used to its full potential. Not cool. Also, not happy with Windows 8 being not as iDevice friendly as Windows 7.

The apps are in a state of development so I will cut it slack and are available three ways: through Bing, Xbox and Windows Live. I am spoiled by iTunes but the fact that they are available on your PC is a plus. Windows Store provides over 500 apps to be purchased and I'm sure this number will multiply.

I can see Windows 8 being the wave of the future but my PC has just gotten it's feet wet and is not ready for this forward thinking software. I really wanted to use all of the options provided but not having a touch screen and not using Microsoft centric devises, limited me. I cannot recommend this as an PC operating system for the average user but would recommend it to those on the cutting edge.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 9:12 AM PDT

TP-LINK TL-MR3040 3G/4G Wireless N150 Portable Router, Battery Powered, AP/WISP/Router Mode, Compatible with Selected ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile USB Modems
Price: Click here to see our price
70 used & new from $24.03

4.0 out of 5 stars PROVIDES OPTIONS, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although I am not happy with the battery life, I really like the options this devise offers. First, you need to go to the TP-Link website to set up an account (default setting is admin / admin) and activating your devise is easy. The devise is small, slim and very portable. It has a micro usb port (battery charger), reset pin (love this feature) and two connections.

I found two ways to use this router: regular landline and wireless wi-fi connection. For the wireless wi-fi you will need to use a portable 3G dongle (not included). I love this feature as it provides wi-fi for older laptops that do not have built-in wi-fi and makes portable wi-fi a breeze.

The device heats up a bit but with no adverse effects. I have an issue with the short battery life when using the wireless option (2-3 hours) as well as the overall battery life as it averaged 4 hours. Using the charger while using helps although it is not always an option.

If you need to bring an old laptop into the 21st century of wireless or need portable wifi, this is a very good option at a reasonable price.

Skin Walkers: Conn
Skin Walkers: Conn
by Susan Bliler
Price: $13.50
8 used & new from $4.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Start to a New ShapeShifter Series / 4.5 STARS, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Skin Walkers: Conn (Paperback)
This book is the first in the Series (the second is Skin Walkers: Leto) and a great introduction to an action packed world of Skin Walkers and the hot alpha males in it. The mythology is an unique take on shapeshifting: there are five levels of Skin Walkers who can shapeshift according to their level with the highest being an Indigenous Walker who besides shapeshifting into any animal at will for any length of time, can control the elements. There is only one known so far, RedKnife KillsPrettyEnemy. Not sure what kind of name that is for a sympathetic character but I'm betting it's loosely based on the Native Americans as is the mythology. The world knows nothing of the Skin Walkers except for Megalya, their only enemy. Megalya hunt them down, kill them and then drink Skin Walker's blood to absorb their power. An extra creep level is added to them when they cut the heads off the Skin Walkers to grab their halos as trophies.

What's a halo? Its a silver collar-like necklace that Skin Walkers wear until they find their mate, called Angels. This part of this story (and series), I'm not thrilled with since the whole Angel/Halo thing makes me think of different storylines (angels, nephilim, demons, etc.) and it throws me off the unique Skin Walker mythology this author has set up.

This story is a great beginning to interesting series and is a standout in the overpopulated genre of shapeshifting. Sure it has the prerequisite alpha male but the heroine is a strong female that is appreciated by the hero. I really liked this action packed story that started with the heroine on the run from unknown enemies and continued with adrenaline fused with scorching hot plot lines. I also liked that there is an interesting action packed mystery along with a hot romance. So not a fan of constant sex scenes with little to no story without it being labeled as such (not against erotica, just want to know what I'm reading). A lot of stories start with the heroine and hero having hot sex and it's nice to switch it up with a story where the romantic tension builds up before exploding onto the page.

Skin Walkers: Conn is well worth the price and read. I really look forward to future books in this series (York, pretty please?).

Leto (Skin Walkers Book 6)
Leto (Skin Walkers Book 6)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars INTERESTING READ, April 25, 2013
This book is the second in the Series (the first is Skin Walkers: Conn) and although you don't need to read in order to appreciate the story, it helps. The author's Skin Walker mythology is once again presented: there are five levels of Skin Walkers who can shapeshift according to their level and their enemy is the Megalya who drink the blood of the Skin Walkers to absorb their power. An extra creep level is added to them when they cut the heads off the Skin Walkers to grab their halos as trophies.

This series is a standout in an overpopulated genre of shapeshifting stories available, well worth the price and read. Susan A. Bliler presents interesting characters in this absorbing tale of action and romance. We finally meet the Megalya and their nefarious plans for Skin Walkers. This story reminded me of Laurann Dohner's New Species series, in a good way. The hero is a very alpha male with lots of testorone flying with the heroine being a more quiet and shy type.

A reader will happily get lost in this imaginary world and I really look forward to the next book in this series (apparently York and Monroe are on deck for this series).

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30