Profile for Margaux Paschke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 835

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaux Paschke RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
M-D Building Products 84160 .020-Inch Thick 3-Feet by 3-Feet Small Hole Aluminum Sheet, Mill
Price: $36.35

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY CUSTOMER, December 16, 2013
This tin sheet arrived in a crumpled box which worried me but no harm done. The sheet is thin enough to cut with tin snips and allow you to mold it but sturdy. I ordered it to make a decorative cover for a heat vent and it worked great! You can find cheaper versions (think Home D-p-t) but those are flimsy and a much cheaper product. I am very happy with this purchase.

Fighting to Stay
Fighting to Stay
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars RECOMMENDED - 4.5 Stars, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Fighting to Stay (Kindle Edition)
This author was new to me but she won't be for long. I enjoyed reading this book and felt it was worth the time and money spent. Yes, it's yet another MC alpha male story but the focus is on the relationship between Lacey and Roam. This book would have been 5 stars if more depth had been added (I'm really picky about giving 5 stars) since these characters were interesting and I wanted to know much more.

Lacey had a difficult childhood and her mother has drummed into her that she needs to leave whenever things get bad so I liked how the title had meaning. I also liked the tight friendship Lacey had with her BF and the scorching hot chemistry (and sex) between the Hero and heroine. The author writes a compelling story with dialogue that keeps you flipping pages until the very end. I didn't like how Lacey addressed her "issue" with Roam but she even admits her mistake so I couldn't hold it against the book.

It's great to find a book that has chemistry between it's leads, is well written and has an actual story instead of lots of sex thrown into a formula plot.

TEKTON 3655 8-Inch Straight Pattern Tin Snips
TEKTON 3655 8-Inch Straight Pattern Tin Snips
Offered by bargainbookstores-
Price: $5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY, December 16, 2013
I needed tin snips for a craft project but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I was a little afraid that the under $10 price tag would translate to cheap and it wouldn't work properly but that was not the case. They are sturdy and provide a good grip and cutting edge for tin.

They are perfect for my craft projects and my husband has borrowed them more than once for around-the-house projects. Even better, you can't beat the price!

WD My Cloud WDBCTL0020HWT 2TB Personal Cloud Storage
WD My Cloud WDBCTL0020HWT 2TB Personal Cloud Storage
Price: $139.99
16 used & new from $122.95

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT HAPPY, December 15, 2013
I saw a commercial for this and thought it would be very cool to have my own personal cloud instead of paying hefty fees and concerns over sustained reliability. Turns out, the actual function of this devise does not deliver all it promised but I hold out the hope that future versions will be better. It does hold potential but not quite there yet.

This was easy to set up if you are using it strictly as a back-up devise, a little pricey for that but it works well. As a personal cloud storage device, it was not so easy to set-up. You have to change settings and know what you are doing to allow more than your pc access to your personal cloud. I'm still having trouble with iDevices.

I'm using it more for storage more than anything else at this point since the connectivity from outside my personal wi-fi is iffy. So not what I bought it for and keeping my fingers crossed that I can use it as intended with more research and attempts to make it work better. For the price listed, it's a very expensive storage devise and personal cloud for in home use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 11:00 AM PST

Hiding in Plain Sight (A Hellion MC Novel)
Hiding in Plain Sight (A Hellion MC Novel)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars FOUND A NEW AUTHOR TO READ, December 2, 2013
Not sure how I ran across this book but I liked it enough to look for and read others by this author. The back story of three men who formed a brotherhood while in Serbian refugee camps was interesting and one of them, Niko, is a background character in the Dance Series (Tap Dance). I hope his story is next but didn't mind meeting Brand in this intro to the series. Love that it's a complete story and didn't end on a cliffhanger but leaves you wanting to know more about other characters for future books. The heroine, Reese, was a good match for Brand and the author knows how to write interesting characters.

There are plenty of sex scenes without going overboard. I liked the suspense element to this story but found it to be more fun fiction then realistic (MC resolution and family issues). There were minor editing issues. I'm feeling a definite Kristen Ashley influence but in a complimentary way and not a ripping off another author way so if you like KA's books and are looking for something to read, I highly recommend this author.

Duracell Powermat GoPower Daytrip backup battery, power bank, up to a full extra charge for iPhone 5 and other smartphones
Offered by Duracell Powermat
Price: $35.95
17 used & new from $24.50

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT A FAN, November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I cannot recommend this backup battery as it does not do a good job of powering up our digital devices ( iPhone 5, iPad and Kindle). I was thrilled when I first got it. Charge it up, throw it in my bag and use it when needed - that was the plan. It did hold a charge for a good length of time but it only added up to 20% more power to my apple devices and it took a long time. I find myself using it at the start to maintain the power level of my device and that seems to work better but kinda not the point. I don't want to have this backup battery always attached to my device when mobile, just when needed.

It does not provide enough power to recharge your device for an extended length of time but it works as an emergency backup battery as long as you don't let the device lose complete power.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (3User)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (3User)
Price: $28.47
41 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CHOICE, November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, this is a solid choice for internet security. Here's my thoughts after using it:

GOOD
* lots of optional features make this a good choice - banner free ads, questionable website warnings, etc.
* scans have caught low level security issues and removed them
* support offered online and by telephone
* works on up to three pcs

BAD
* despite claims to the contrary, it does slow down the speed of your pc although most security software does
* it works for one year and then updates expire which make it less useful.

If you are not using Mozilla or something like it that provide a lot of the options for free, this is a good choice.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 5:22 AM PST

Buffalo AirStation HighPower N300 Wireless Router (WHR-300HP2)
Buffalo AirStation HighPower N300 Wireless Router (WHR-300HP2)
Price: $38.22
61 used & new from $28.26

4.0 out of 5 stars EASY CHOICE FOR SIMPLE, November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very basic wireless router for a simple set up. I would recommend this for those with few wireless gadgets and simply need a wireless connection without much fuss and the parental controls feature. It was easy to figure out, connect and get it up and running. This was ordered to provide a simple wireless connection for a parent with no tech savy and this model appears to provide exactly that with solid performance. I also like the parental controls feature that allows you to block access and really like the low price (~$30).

I will report back on the parental controls feature (great idea for grandparents) and if there are any problems but so far, it works smoothly with no issues.

Kaotiks The Psycho-Plex Playset with Vehicle
Kaotiks The Psycho-Plex Playset with Vehicle

3.0 out of 5 stars MIXED FEELINGS, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My boys were excited to get this set up but the results were mixed. My oldest did not like the way cars flew off the track too easily but my youngest seems to like that feature. Setting up the track is a chore as some pieces do not fit together easily but once constructed, it holds together. Time will tell if this toy is worth the money. If my boys keep playing with it I'll rate it higher.

Classic Yahtzee
Classic Yahtzee
Offered by Corydor
Price: $12.75
48 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A CLASSIC, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Classic Yahtzee (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes modern versions of classic games are not a good choice but this one is a winner. I have a favorite childhood games that needed to be replaced (monopoly, Life, etc.) and the new versions were expensive yet cheaply made. This game is a close copy of the classic and worth the money spent. They even kept the classic packaging which brings back warm memories of time spent playing this game that works for all ages.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20