Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Briggsmo > Reviews

Browse

Briggsmo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Briggsmo RSS Feed (Boston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Nexxus VitaTress Biotin (ONE) Shampoo 33.8 oz/ one Liter
Nexxus VitaTress Biotin (ONE) Shampoo 33.8 oz/ one Liter
Offered by ONLINE BEAUTY SUPPLY
Price: $24.46
7 used & new from $18.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, January 12, 2016
I bought this to try to counteract hair loss as a result of the after effects of surgery. My hair was falling out for about 4 months. I've used this shampoo for about 6 weeks and I am seeing lots of little hairs from back in. I'm thrilled!

The YardStash III: Space Saving Outdoor Bike Storage, Garden Storage and Pool Storage
Price: $126.00
16 used & new from $90.00

2.0 out of 5 stars great at the beginning, did not withstand normal weather., November 27, 2015
I purchased this item in early June 2015 to keep 2 kids bikes protected and a few other objects under cover. It went together easily enough and I attached it to my fence (at the end of our driveway) using cable ties. All was good. At this point I would have given this product a 5.

About 3 months ago a huge gash appeared in the fabric. While I assumed it was a bike pedal that tore the fabric initially, the fabric tore much more as I was trying to get the zipper undone to rearrange the bikes. Ultimately the tear was about 20-24 inches long. We bought some outdoor fabric tape to fix the gash. Not pretty but it seemed to serve the purpose. I was surprised at how easily this fabric tore.

Fast forward to today... I was taking the tent down to store everything for the season. As I was taking the poles out the fabric tore along the ridge and then an entire section of fabric tore at the edge where the pole was attached.

This product did not get misused. It simply sat outside for 6 months -- as it is designed to do. This fabric did not withstand the sunlight at all. It faded badly and then it fell apart.

We had intended this to be used for a few years. Sadly it is now in the trash.

UPDATE: I contacted the company to let them know about my experience and they are sending me a new one.

Tilt-a-Maze: Dungeons
Tilt-a-Maze: Dungeons
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for every one, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Tilt-a-Maze: Dungeons (App)
This is a fun game. Chasing down the keys and the stars while under time pressure and trying to find you way through the maze is frustrating at times but so rewarding when you free the t r mapped characters. There's also a kid mode without hazards. Fun!

TOGGLER SNAPTOGGLE BA Toggle Anchor with Bolts, Zinc-Plated Steel Channel, Made in US, 3/8" to 3-5/8" Grip Range, For 3/16"-24 UNC Fastener Size (Pack of 10)
Price: $15.59
11 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, so much easier!, March 23, 2013
I have lived in houses with plaster walls for the past 15 years. As someone who likes to do projects around the house, I have used toggle bolts extensively. Most recently I was installing a closet system in my son's closet and was off to Lowe's to get supplies to finish the project. I found these by chance, read the directions and decided to buy them. Normally I find toggle bolts irritating to use. However, these were great. Instead of having to work with the entire bolt at once, I was able to drill the hole, set the Toggler in place, then drive the bolt in place. Because the plastic section was pressed firmly against the wall holding the toggle in place, I didn't have to replumb the strap again. I was able to quickly move through the project and get the system installed in record time. I am by no means a professional, but I am careful and can read directions. These were perfect for me. I highly recommend these.

Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits, 4-8 ft., Deluxe, Titanium (FG3H8900TITNM)
Price: $86.24
25 used & new from $77.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Easy, Really Good, Wall Anchors Really Bad, March 23, 2013
We purchased this closet kit from Amazon last week. It shipped with Amazon prime (so no additional shipping cost). We paid about $86.25, much lower than the current price. The price has varied almost every time we looked it up.

This kit is really easy to install. There is an upper brace which is designed to screw into any stud and the directions are VERY clear about screwing this top brace into the studs. From there you hang the straps that hold the hanging rods and shelves. The basic spacing is simple as you use the brace covers to space the straps 22' apart. A level is handy and crucial for all these steps to ensure that everything is level and plumb. The braces are easy to install, and the hanging rods are as well. I am able to follow directions well, and this kit took less than an hour for me to install start to finish. It looks great and it seems very stable. It has made a useless 7 foot closet useful and organized.

There are two things that surprised me about this kit. The first is that it comes with plastic wall anchors; these are useless in my opinion. Although much of the weight is carried on the top brace, the plastic wall anchors carry some load and are at risk to break. Because I have plaster walls in this closet, and not dry wall, these weren't even an option for me; I picked Toggler Snap toggle bolts. The other surprise is that the directions only require the longer straps to be fastened at the bottom. This did not make the structure very stable. (It did stabilize somewhat when all the racks, rods and braces were installed.) To minimize the wiggle, I opted to fasten each with one more fastener on each strap. This made me feel more secure as the closet in question is in my son's room.

Bottom line: Great product, Great design, Great directions, Could work on the fasteners and the fastening a little more.

Mallomars Pure Chocolate Cookies, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Mallomars Pure Chocolate Cookies, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really yummy, but arrived crumbled, October 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't think I had ever tried Mallomars before seeing them available in the Vine program. They were really good. The dark chocolate flavor is pretty intense for a cookie, and the marshmallow and cookie base complement each other well, like an unmelted s'more. I do wish that the cookie base had been a little more firm and didn't easily crumble when bitten. Made for messy eating with everyone in the family -- and we all tried (and liked!) them.

I am not sure that this is a great product for mail order, however; they are readily available in our local grocery stores. In our box, about half the cookies were broken apart. Still, they are pretty delicious.

Sesame Street: B is for Baking - 50 Yummy Dishes to Make Together
Sesame Street: B is for Baking - 50 Yummy Dishes to Make Together
by Susan McQuillan
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $14.76
85 used & new from $1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Recipes, Helpful kid hints, October 10, 2011
I heard about this book in a newspaper article, and since I have a young son who always wants to help cook, it seemed a natural purchase.

Although we haven't tried too many recipes in this book yet, the ones we have tried were surprisingly good. Last night's dinner for example was Rosita's Beefy Enchilada Pie -- YUM!

Although there are steps that adults have to complete, the steps that are kid appropriate are clearly identified and are fun. For example last night's dinner had my son pushing a crust in the bottom of a pie pan and stirring various times. He also stayed to watch me dicing onions and peppers and shredding cheese. Lots of learning about food was happening. i also appreciate that the recipes are not full of "junky" foods and good ingredients are used. It is a book about BAKING so there are certainly lots of sweets recipes, but there are also main dishes and side dishes in the book as well.

Fekkai Technician Color Care Hair Products Starter 1 Kit
Fekkai Technician Color Care Hair Products Starter 1 Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious, October 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All Fekkai products that I have tried have been great, and this is no exception. The shampoo is wonderful and not too harsh. The conditioner was fine. The real treat is the deep conditioner. After coloring, my hair is harsh and rough; the conditioner made my hair feel natural and soft again. Although i can't really judge how good it is at maintaining color in the long term (because the sample I received was small), I enjoyed using the product and likely will again after i get my grey hairs colored in at the salon.

Remington S-1051 Sleek n Curl  Digital Ceramic Hair Straightener with Tourmaline and Bonus DVD
Remington S-1051 Sleek n Curl Digital Ceramic Hair Straightener with Tourmaline and Bonus DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, October 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this product. I have used several flat irons over the past 10 years and this one is adequate. I have thick, medium length, curly hair, and I flat iron it daily. It has adjustable temperature settings that allow me to get it hot enough to straighten my hair. The two things I didn't like about this iron are 1. the narrow plates and 2. the locations of the buttons. Narrow plates mean that it takes longer to straighten my hair and it doesn't seem to look as smooth. Poorly placed, and easily pushed buttons cause me to change the temperature inadvertently or turn it off completely. Not a bad product, but this isn't the right iron for my type of hair or the frequency that I use it.

Kraft Velveeta Chicken and Broccoli Skillets Dinner Kit, 14.64-Ounce (Pack of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't taste good., October 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We made this for dinner last night. It was easy to make -- brown some chicken, cook some pasta, add the sauce. The *broccoli* was dehydrated flakes, the cheese sauce was not good, and there was too much of it. The result was a bland gluey dinner that didn't have much nutritional value. Although I doubt I will buy this to make again, if I did I would supplement it with fresh broccoli. On the other hand, the kids loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5