Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Emily M. Vose > Reviews

Emily M. Vose's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emily M. Vose RSS Feed (Herndon, VA)

LEGO Kids' 9005718 Super Heroes Batman Alarm Clock
LEGO Kids' 9005718 Super Heroes Batman Alarm Clock
Price: $17.49
18 used & new from $17.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work and cannot return; Sad birthday boy!, June 5, 2015
We ordered two of these for birthday presents for twins. This one didn't work once it was opened and batteries were installed. Unfortunately, we pre-planned our birthday gifting and return window has closed for the item so we can't even return it.

Castles of Mad King Ludwig Board Game
Castles of Mad King Ludwig Board Game
Price: $38.99
39 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, February 14, 2015
This Game is Awesome. We've plaid it as a part of our weekly game-nights every week since we got it and it's a crowd favorite! The game is well balanced and the instructions, while some-what overwhelming at first, are really very easy to follow. Cant wait to see what the expansions might have in store for us!

Uncle Milton - Giant Ant Farm
Uncle Milton - Giant Ant Farm
Price: $15.42
43 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Ant Voucher? What Voucher?, February 14, 2015
We gave this as a gift to our kiddo for Christmas in 2013. The kit was missing the expected ant voucher and we've emailed and then called and left a message at least monthly since then. It's been over a year of one-sided conversations with Uncle Milton and all we have to show for that effort is a $20 dollar sand holder. What a complete scam.

pediped Flex Penny Ballet Flat (Toddler/Little Kid),Black,22 EU (6-6.5 E US Toddler)

3.0 out of 5 stars Size descriptions are wrong, December 3, 2014
Ordered a size 4 which is actually a kids size 4. It's marked 36 size 4 toddler so I didn't catch that it's not a toddler size. I'd assume this is also true for size marks as 3.5 toddler.

Lionel Trains Polar Express Train Set - O Gauge
Lionel Trains Polar Express Train Set - O Gauge

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Much Better Than Expected, December 17, 2009
My husband and I had been on the hunt for an heirloom quality Christmas train for our son that would stand the test of time since before he was born. Prior to delivery of this train set, we were planning to replace the individual pieces gradually with higher quality Lionel parts as our son grew. But, after feeling the heft of the locomotive and inspecting the cars and tracks up close, we're confident that with proper care and storage this train will last forever.

Our son is 18mos and is certainly outside of the approved 8+ age group but he loves to drive the train, make it whistle and wave as it goes around the tree. The forward/reverse is as you would expect on any Lionel transformer and, if it is confusing for your kid, there is a switch on the back of the locomotive that disables the forward/reverse function and allows directional control only through the "direction" button on the transformer.

The track supplied with the train is just enough to go around the tree and the train cars cover about 1/3-1/2 of the track. I would recommend against purchasing additional cars unless additional track is also purchased. The set up was very simple to assemble and we had it up in running in about 10 mins.

I would recommend purchasing the cleaning kit and additional liquid smoke. The kit ships with a small bit of liquid smoke and once you get it smoking, you'll be disappointed when you run out. The cleaning kit is a good investment if you expect your train to be stored outside of the holiday season and comes with cleaning tools and solutions endorsed by Lionel as safe for your set.

The only detractor I have, is the caboose. There is a little observation balcony on the the back of the car that can be easily removed for safe storage. Because it can be so easily removed, when the train is at full throttle and screaming around the track, it comes loose and sometimes falls off.

Overall, I'd would recommend, and have already recommended, this train set to anyone looking for a Christmas train or a starter 0/0-27 gauge train set - it is a wonderfully well rounded set and the price is very fare.

LeapFrog My Pal Scout
LeapFrog My Pal Scout
Price: $17.88
92 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Potential with Online Customization, June 2, 2009
My year old son got this for his birthday and although he loves it and it is a neat toy, it really could have been technically executed a little better. I am hoping they send out updates via the USB cord to make his speech a little bit smoother and that they enhance the variety of "elevator" music available

The USB cable that comes with Scout is incredibly short and I would recommend a second mini USB cable if you do not already have one for another computer peripheral. The customization process was straight forward and we had him done quickly. My only complaint is that you have to create a user account and the Internet is required but that's a minor compliant since Scout ships able to be interactive without being customized. Additionally, Scout has volume control on his battery box and is not obnoxiously loud even on his highest volume

Scout is very, very soft and even with the battery box in his trunk, the puppy's body is soft and cuddly. My son spends a lot of his play time with Scout hugging him and petting him.

Scout has three main features - Play games, Sing Songs, and Night Songs (the fourth paw is on and off):
- The Play Games paw just chatters with your child. Asking him what his favorite color, animal and food is - Scout and Baby have the same ones after you program them. Scout also makes animal noises, talks about feelings "I feel happy, show me your biggest smile!" and engages your child in direct dialog.
- The songs Scout sings are cute and the choices you make when customizing show up in the songs he sings. Poor technical integration is shown when any of the customized items appear in the songs - Scout sounds like he has a speech problem because the tamper and inflection of the customized objects does not match the song being sung. Also, the only music you can customize in this section is elevator music. I would like to see songs with words, more known children's songs (very surprised not to see "Baby Beluga") or the ability to add your own music to Scout.
- The Night Songs paw is pretty cool. You click it once and it does 2 mins of the "night" music you choose when customizing continuously. Press it again, you get 5; once more and you get 10. Although our guy doesn't have problems sleeping, it might be a nice touch if your little one has some problems sleeping or being alone in the quiet.

All in all, our only real concern is that Scout might be the first toy he has worthy of being "that" toy he can't live without! We have a competitors talking puppy that drives us up the wall ("TUMMY!").

If you are looking for a chatty puppy - Get Scout or Violet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 8:13 PM PST