Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Cindy Harvey > Reviews

Browse

Cindy Harvey's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cindy Harvey RSS Feed

Women's Anatomy of Arousal
Women's Anatomy of Arousal
by Sheri Winston CNM. RN. BSN. LMT
Price: $17.96
24 used & new from $15.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound, fun, and life-changing, April 23, 2011
As a middle-aged, plus-sized, average woman married 25 years who had never experienced a climax, to stumble upon this book has been an incredible blessing, to say the least. After reading it aloud to my husband on our road trip to the beach, we found freedom, healing, and other pleasures unknown to me before including (my first as well as) several orgasms. My husband also mentioned several times how helpful, detailed, and encouraging the book was for him. We are both so encouraged!

I have been a doula as well as birthing my 6 kiddos naturally....I had resigned myself to being satisfied with my ability to birth naturally and help others reach that goal, but had given up on ever having orgasm. I've tried to be content with the success and sacredness of the procreating part of my sexuality, and accept that I just wasn't ever gonna really like or 'get' the sex part. One of the important things I discovered through Sheri's book was that so much of the feelings and words I use with my doula clients are mirrored in sexual response. Why this surprised me, I don't know, but her book helped me tap into those resources. I've always loved birth, but now I can say I've experienced BOTH sides of my female sexuality. Of course there's much more than this particular connection in the book, but it was one point that really helped me due to my experiences with giving and coaching birth.

I can't say what made me order this particular book except that I had been having a mind and heart shift recently, read the reviews, and I dared to grasp a shimmer of hope that someone could help me try again. Thankfully, Sheri's Women's Anatomy of Arousal was a perfect fit. Her relaxed tone, fun personality, and extremely clear illustrations and instructions were exactly what I've needed and craved from a sex manual. Although I can understand the book might seem offensive to some due to her use of 'charged' words, artwork, and uninhibited embrace of all things sexual (I'm a fairly conservative mother after all), her tone and intention stem from a pure motive; to enlighten us that human beings are created to enjoy sex as a connected and intertwined part of our existence, and this is why our bodies/minds/hearts/spirits are hardwired for incredible pleasure. Sometimes we need a direct, forthright, and boldly presented path to find our way through the jungle of shame, mixed cultural messages, and the constraints of society. If that's where you find yourself, needing a fun-loving, extremely knowledgeable, supportive and affirming guide, take Sheri's hand and enjoy the journey!