Profile for Thomas M. Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 285

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas M. Taylor "runman" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (AT&T)
Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (AT&T)
Price: $449.00

3.0 out of 5 stars To bad, so sad., August 31, 2014
Got this phone from the AT&T store. I really wanted to like the phone, I am glad AT&T had a return policy.

The good news about Android is that it does not tie you down to one app publisher... Unless you are Amazon who used Android for their operating system. I felt like this was an Apple phone.

The display has a fairly poor image at only 315 PPi, this is not up to standards, the only current smart device worse than the amazon phone is the Apple S5 at 421PPi, and I think that phone is a year behind the Amazon phone.

The perspective change is pretty cool for the first couple of looks and then looses it's charm due to the fact that there are only very few apps that can use the perspective change on the device.

Not dust or water resistant.

I really like the dedicated photo button and the fact that your pictures and videos get uploaded to the Amazon cloud automatically.

Amazon Music with Prime Music
Amazon Music with Prime Music
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I wonder why they think I need their ad on music that I purchased?, August 24, 2014
Amazon keeps messing up. I get the Amazon music app to purchase music from Amazon, now I get this prime muisic garbage that keeps popping up. Why did Ispend money on a product that just shows ads?

Like the Amazon VOD service, it works great on a Kindle that runs android, but if you have an Android tablet, you are out of luvk. Other VOD services do not require a special tavlet but Amazon does. Amazon is getting worse than Apple.

Pandora
Pandora
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I in had this app years ago, what happened, August 21, 2014
This review is from: Pandora (App)
I got this spp back in the days of the first iPhone, now it really stinks. In order to get the service I got for free, it now costs 5 dollars a month or put up with ads thst are worse than commercial tv when infomercials are on.

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 4G LTE Tablet, Black 12.2-Inch 32GB (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 4G LTE Tablet, Black 12.2-Inch 32GB (AT&T)
Price: $749.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Nice, August 13, 2014
I really like this Samsung tablet. I have had/have the Galaxy note 1, 2, 3 and the Galaxy Note 8. When the Galaxy Note 4 comes out, I will get it the same day, So I am used to the Samsung products and the Note system.

This nifty device will run 4 separate apps at the same time, as long as they are the approved apps. You will not be able to open some spread sheet programs while using the calculator on the same screen. The Tablet does come with it's own office program that I have not taken the time to learn to use, but will run as one of the four apps.

For the professionals that may want to use the Microsoft Office for Android, as of this writing, you are completely out of luck. There are other programs that will open Word and Excel documents, but the one that I have will not allow you to save your changes to Microsoft's cloud drive/ This is a real bummer.

There are a few difference between the Note 3 and the Note 12.2, besides the size of the screen, they way you bring up all open programs is different. Instead of hold down the center button until a list of running apps appear, there is a button on the left on the physical button that will bring up what programs are running.

Antutu bench marks are very good, faster than the Galaxy Note 3. I have had no problems running any programs and those programs tasking the processor.

The Note 12.2 has a 3.0 USB port for recharging, but will accept the regular micro USB cable for charging and data transfer. The back of the 12.2 is sealed and so the battery cannot be replaced nor can wireless charging be added.

With the size and weight of this tablet, the battery life is a little disappointing. The tablet will only last about 6 hours on a full charge.

There appears to be a problem with the tablet and watching Netflix. The video will pause, the sound will continue and then the video will fast forward to catch up to the sound, then run fine for a couple of minutes and then the same thing will happen again. I have experienced this problem with the Note 3 or the Note 8. (the other phones I do not use).

There are other things that this tablet will do that are new to me, for example, waking up the tablet with your voice. Once you get the tablet to the lock screen, you can program a word or a phrase to unlock the tablet. To me, this is about worthless, because I have just pressed the button to turn on the lock screen, why not just swipe. But you can also issue voice commands to open other programs. Example; from the lock screen say, "spread sheet" and if you programmed a spread sheet to open, you will be taken from the lock screen to the spread sheet. The voice command works 50% of the time.

Another function you can accomplish from the lock screen is opening programs with a swipe. From the lock screen, you can place icons for apps you want to launch. For example, I use Amazon App Store in the morning to see what is the "free app of the day". On the lock screen, I have the Amazon App Store short cut, I just swipe down on the picture and the app store opens.

You will want a case that has a built in keyboard. There are several out the in different price ranges, but the default on screen keyboard in pretty huge and fairly responsive. The keyboard and be "floated" around the screen and size changed.

The 12.2 does come with front and rear facing cameras. I cannot imagine taking this huge tablet out at a school function (for the kids) and start snapping pictures. I am sure works great, but I have not tried it.

Taking notes, like at school, is pretty easy with this tablet because of its size.

Final thought: I really like this tablet, I use it a few hours each day to watch Netflix, so the Netflix app is my biggest complaint. I am not a professional power user.

Closing thought: With many places offering free WiFi, I really do not need the AT&T version, but with the plan that AT&T has that they finance the table for free, I had to pick it up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2014 9:03 PM PDT

Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades
Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades
Price: $124.99
77 used & new from $121.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really great for the price, August 10, 2014
Slightly disappointed with this electric razor. My son purchased one for half the price and it does a better job. The shave is not very close at all. Back in my Army days, I would have had to shave with a razor after uasing this one.

Fruit of the Loom Men's Big 4 Pack Contour Fit A-Shirt, Black/Gray, 3X-Large
Fruit of the Loom Men's Big 4 Pack Contour Fit A-Shirt, Black/Gray, 3X-Large
Price: $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I expected but they do work, August 10, 2014
This was not really what I expected and will look for actual "muscle" shirts. These are more colored undershirts unless you are a body builder and enjoy wearing tight shirts.

Moko Samsung Galaxy Note PRO & Tab PRO 12.2 Case - Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Cover for Galaxy NotePRO & TabPRO 12.2 Android Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $39.99
7 used & new from $27.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Device with only one small problem., August 10, 2014
This is my first keyboard/case that Ihave ever purchased for a tablet or phablet.

Protection: I am not tosure if this case will help protect the tablet if I happen to drop this 12 inch tablet, but a little protection is better than none. I have looked at the logitech keyboard/case and am not sure if that will protect the large tablet any better. I did purchase the insurance from by wireless carrier, but I would rather not put the insurance to the test.

Construction: Not really sold on the build quality, but the case/keyboard is not one of the most expesive you can purchase. For build quality, I would have choosed the logitech keyboard/case, but at this price point, and the fact that this tablet will be replaced in a couple of years when the lastest and greatest is out, I am fairly certain this case will last, maybe not the batterty in the keeyboard.
I do wish the magnets that keep the detachable keyboard in place were a bit srtonger, but I can understand that people do not want to struggle when taking off the keyboard.
The screen on the tablet turns off when the case is closed, and that is a major plus,especially at this price.
The case is a bit different that what is pictured. The flap that closes the case is not at the bottom by the keyboard, but up top by the screen and it is not a solid piece, but rather has a hole in it. Not a big issue, but keep in mind that the case is a little different.
All the buttons, stylus and ports are easily accessable.

Battery life: this is my second day using the keyboard without recharging it. I am not sure how long is it supposed to last, but you cab get a full day of typing,

Final thought: I am pleased with the case/keyboard.

Word Games Pack - 7 in 1 Bundle
Word Games Pack - 7 in 1 Bundle
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun, August 5, 2014
Got this app for free with the app store free ap of the day.

Not too many apps make it on my phone, but I really like thd word search game. Hangman is ok too.

TC Electronics Vocal Microphone MP-75 Dynamic Microphone, Super-Cardiod
TC Electronics Vocal Microphone MP-75 Dynamic Microphone, Super-Cardiod
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $100.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but the price, July 19, 2014
I was a little hesitant to purchase a microphone without trying it first, but since Amazon has a good return policy, I went ahead and gave it a try. I am not a sound expert, but I do some singing in churches and nursing homes here in Texas.
I
I have a Sure microphone PG58, I have the Sure product in the wireless and the wired options and really like the Sure PG58 a lot, I also have a few Samson microphones that I purchased a decade or so ago when I was just starting out, and a few years ago I purchased the Blue Microphones enCORE 200 which is a great microphone, but requires phantom power.. I also have recently purchased the VocalLive from TC electronics.

The sound of the MP-75 is really good. It is up there with the Sure 58 and surpasses the Blue Microphones enCORE 200, but not by much, and the Sumson is not even in the same class or worth mentioning after this part of the review.

The MP-75 is on par or slightly surpasses the Sure 58, and slightly surpasses the enCore 200.

The MP-75 appears and feels to be well built. It is heavy, really heavy. If you find yourself in a situation that you need a small club to defend yourself, just pull out this microphone and start swinging.

The protective case that the microphone comes in is nicely padded. This is the nicest case that I have seen for a microphone.

This microphone is made only to work with a few certain products that TC Electronics makes. It makes working the product easier, bur rather the extra cost is worth the ease of operating the TC electronics product is questionable at best since this microphone is nearly three times the cost.

Since I like new products, and buttons that need pushing, I will keep my microphone.

I use mine with the TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Harmony Effects Processor. With these two devices together, it has changed my singing world. A huge game changer. If you are a singer that sings only with tracks or even with a band, these two devices together are wonderful.

If this microphone was around one hundred dollars, it would be a easy but, but at the current price, not really worth the price unless you just need a cool button to press (like me).

Beltronics Vector V955 Radar Detector
Beltronics Vector V955 Radar Detector
Price: $172.64
13 used & new from $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This radar detector does a wonderful job. It can pick up the DPS a ..., July 14, 2014
This radar detector does a wonderful job. It can pick up the DPS a mile or so away, giving me plenty of time to slow down.

The alarms are adjustable, like turning off the "X" band. But if you come through Texas, they use K and Ka bands. Mostly sheriff use the K band in the small country towns.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20