Profile for Emily H. Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emily H. Harris RSS Feed (Newtown Square, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
made2envy Velvet Faux Wrap Bodycon Dress (S, Black)
made2envy Velvet Faux Wrap Bodycon Dress (S, Black)
Offered by Made2Envy
Price: $35.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cut too long, slit too high, November 27, 2014
OK, so I've been looking for a long sleeve velvet dress for a holiday party. This dress is better if you holding your own private party, if you know what I mean.... it is very low cut which is okay, but the slit in the front is so high is shows everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Maybe if you are very short it would work. I am 5'6 and 130 pounds- the small size fit in arms and waist, but the slit in the front is just ridiculous. Also, the back of the dress is much longer, with the fabric hanging almost like a tail. It doesn't look right. The material is a nice quality and pretty but the cut is just all wrong. I am going to see if it works with a pair of leather leggings as more of a top.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 4:03 PM PST

Tiana B Women's Fabulous and Flattering Dress, Royal, 6
Tiana B Women's Fabulous and Flattering Dress, Royal, 6
Price: $27.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs a little large, just OK, July 14, 2013
I ordered this dress based on the good reviews. I was not impressed. The material is light weight and cheaper looking than a normal jersey knit. While the price tag of $35 was very reasonable, it still wasn't worth it for me to keep the dress. I also thought the style and ruching looked a bit tacky and dated. It wasn't flattering. It also runs a little big. I am normally a size 4/6 in dresses -- I found the size 6 to be one size too roomy. Needless to say, I returned the dress.

ASICS Women's GEL Kayano 18 Running Shoe,Titanium/Hot Pink/Lightning,10 M US
ASICS Women's GEL Kayano 18 Running Shoe,Titanium/Hot Pink/Lightning,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Kayano-- the BEST running shoe!, January 10, 2013
I've been wearing Asics Kayano running shoes for over five years now. I was concerned because the Kayano 17 fit terrible and caused bruising on the top of my left foot which has never happened before. However, the 18 is back to the shoe I've always loved. These shoes provide stability, great cushioning without feeling heavy or bulky.

Good Earth Lighting H4019-BN-LIN-I Valencia 19-Inch Flush Trim With Linen Shade, 2 by 23W GU24, Brushed Nickel
Offered by liquidation4you
Price: $80.50
2 used & new from $80.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful light, hassle to install, August 31, 2012
I was looking for a flush mount light that was modern yet understated. This worked out and fits nicely in my master bedroom. The linen shade is ivory colored and neutral. It doesn't look cheap at all and the brushed nickel is chic.

Only complaint is that it was a total pain to install. It was very difficult to line up the screws into the ceiling. You could probably save yourself some time by using longer screws and ditch the ones that come with it.

Make sure you bring lots of patience when it comes time to install this light. Oh, and strong arms too!

Nathan Triangle Insulated Angled Holster Waist Pack
Nathan Triangle Insulated Angled Holster Waist Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying at first but worked out, August 31, 2012
I am training for a marathon and needed a hydration solution for my 10+ mile runs. I've never really found a need for carrying water and thought people looked ridiculous running with these apparatuses attached to their bodies. Anyway, turns out after 10 miles you start to get thirsty.

I tested the product for the first time this week on a very hilly, 16 mile run.

At first it was really annoying and I had to keep adjusting the belt so it didn't slosh around. I started out with the belt below my hips, water bottle wedged in my right hip, however, it kept riding up. Eventually I found the best spot, water bottle in the small of my back, with the belt sitting above my hips, clipped center.

Overall I am pleased with the product and was able to successfully hydrate without stopping. Let's be realistic... it is never going to feel perfectly natural carrying water on your hip. Once I found the right spot, it was fairly comfortable, up and down hills. Water bottle was secure and the design ensured it stayed put and didn't leak. I ran out of water around mile 13 and probably could have done with another bottle, but it go me through. The little pouch stretched to accommodate my smart phone, keys and energy gel.

This product is a nice solution that is more minimalist than the 2 bottle option Nathan makes.

Franco Sarto Women's Game Wedge Pump,Black,10 M US
Franco Sarto Women's Game Wedge Pump,Black,10 M US
Offered by JunkieDog

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, sleek and sophisticated, August 31, 2012
I first tried these shoes on in NYC when visiting a girlfriend and immediately fell in love. They were priced at $80 and I decided to search elsewhere. Thankfully the wait paid off and I found these on Amazon for a great price, before my size sold out.

Perfect for a night out or day at the office, these shoes have a subtle gladiator look with sexy cut outs that create interest and intrigue. Leather is super soft. The wedge heel is very stable and has held up well. Just be careful because the leather by the toes will nick if you scratch or bump them.

Overall the shoe is very comfortable too. I wore these out dancing in the city and my feet started to hurt at around 12 am after hours of walking around and dancing.

The zipper on the back heel is sexy and functional. I love this detail!

I am looking forward to wearing these with tights in the fall and winter.

Bobkona Bonded Leather Match Storage Ottoman, Cream
Bobkona Bonded Leather Match Storage Ottoman, Cream
Price: $141.00
4 used & new from $141.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet again, Amazon delivers, August 25, 2012
I spent a lot of time looking for an ottoman for my modern living room. Initially I purchased a similar item from Overstock.com because it was $100 cheaper. However, the item never arrived! 10 days after placing the order, and repeated phone calls "Hello???where is my stuff!?" I was informed it was lost and now out of stock. How disappointing. I will NEVER order anything again from Overstock.com I much rather make a purchase from Amazon because it is quick and reliable. Amazon also offers the guarantee of a quick delivery.

This ottoman goes well with my brown leather sectional and provides a nice contrast to the dark colors in my living room. It is very sturdy and has held up well so far. Only complaint is that the hinges inside are not straight. It doesn't severely affect the functionality of the piece but it's an imperfection that did not go unnoticed. It reflects cheap craftsmanship. Nonetheless, I am pleased I made this purchase.

Avenue Six Curves Tufted Chair. Coffee Fabric
Avenue Six Curves Tufted Chair. Coffee Fabric
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: $362.96
11 used & new from $328.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool chair, good price, August 6, 2012
I was looking for a stylish chair that would fit nicely as an accent chair, but still be comfortable. This chair really worked out in our tv room. It doesn't look cheap at all and is fairly comfortable. The fabric is a nice velvet that is soft. It has a modern lux flare but could also work in a more traditional setting.

Be prepared to wait up to get item. It took about 6 days to process which is longer than usual for Amazon Prime, and arrived two days later.

The coffee color is neutral and is a stone gray/brown. In the light, it gives off a warmer tone. It is really versatile. I plan to use burnt orange pillows as an accent.

I am very happy with my purchase, other than the fact that it did not come with instructions. Even still, my husband was able to put it together just fine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 7:57 AM PDT

InterDesign Formbu Boutique Box, Espresso
InterDesign Formbu Boutique Box, Espresso

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, poor packaging!, July 16, 2012
I was looking for something simple, clean and understated. These tissue boxes are just perfect and match my modern, minimalist decor. I don't know how well they will hold up over time, but I am happy with them currently.

However, I was extremely disappointed with how the items were packaged. All three of the boxes came in one box, loose. There was not covering or protective packaging expect for some bubble wrap that was not even covering the item but just loose in the package. Two of the boxes had some scratches for these reason, which I think I should be able to fix.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bikini, May 15, 2012
I have purchased four of these in different colors. It is a great string bikini for the price! I even prefer these over my Victoria's Secret swimwear, which were more than double the price. While this is labeled for juniors, it works just fine for me as a woman in her late 20s. I am a size 4/6 and was able to fit into the medium and large sizes. The large provides more coverage on days you feel like being more conservative. The fabric feels of good quality that is soft and comfortable with a nice stretch. My only complaint is that the vendor does not have a great store front and there are limited options online in terms of color choice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3