Profile for THE Sean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

THE Sean RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vanco 280720 Super IR Transmitter
Vanco 280720 Super IR Transmitter
Price: $14.23
8 used & new from $6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 29, 2014
This works great for my application. I used it along with one from the Sewell Direct SW-30062 Dual Band InjectIR kit and an audio splitter to control multiple devices. Its functionaly (and most likely litteraly) identical to the one that comes with the Sewell kit.

Gardner Bender EFT-21PN 25-Foot Cable Snake Steel Fish Tape
Gardner Bender EFT-21PN 25-Foot Cable Snake Steel Fish Tape
Price: $14.43
31 used & new from $10.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 22, 2014
This thing does the job, but could be better.

Dispensing the tape by pulling is somewhat annoying, but works fine. The main problem here being that it is greased internally so everytime I use it my hands get all dirty. My other complaint would be that it needs some sort of measurment eteched into the tape. I've had a couple instances where I extended the tape, then pulled it out and measured how much I had penetrated. Annoying, but I can get over it.

The bottom line is I've been able to complete all the tasks that I set out that required this tool. If I was getting a new one I would find one with measurments included, but other than that I've been happy.

Sewell Direct SW-30062 Dual Band InjectIR
Sewell Direct SW-30062 Dual Band InjectIR
Price: $54.95
7 used & new from $43.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond happy with this, January 22, 2014
I was going back and forth between this and a $300 Logitech Harmony remote to control equipment in another room. This works perfectly...and for $250 less. I have it running over a 50ft HDMI cable and there is zero noticeable lag in signals. I've been using it for about a day and I would say the success rate is about 99%. Frankly, having the cable box in the same room wasn't much better in terms of command success..

One thing that is also great about this is that you can control more than one thing with just one of these. If you can put the blaster part in line of sight of more than one piece of equipment they will all work. I'm using just one of these to control a Blu-ray, Cable Box, and an Apple TV.

My only issue was that I needed to change the switches on the units to "IR". I could not get the CEC mode to work. However no big deal since it apparently works just perfect in IR mode.

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition
Xbox One Console - Day One Edition
Price: Click here to see our price
135 used & new from $429.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Horizontal install only ?!?, November 23, 2013
I think the One earns a solid 4 star review. It was somewhat annoying to have to download a 500MB "patch" as soon as it powered on, but the download went pretty quickly and everything was up and running in no time.

I think the best way to describe the One is that they just fixed a bunch of stuff wrong with the 360. Its not mind blowing and not nearly the step that going from the Original to 360 was.

It and its power brick are more or less the same size as the 360, but they weight about half.

One interesting and very annoying thing is that it must be placed horizontally. There are a bunch of understated warnings (easy to miss) about only placing it horizontally. This was a pain since my 360 was in a vertical slot on my entertainment center.

Porsche Boxster, Boxster S Service Manual: 1997-2004
Porsche Boxster, Boxster S Service Manual: 1997-2004
by Bentley Publishers
Price: $74.12
36 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally saved me a few thousand dollars, September 7, 2013
I've used this book a handful of times over the last few years. You might think thats not so great, however each time I've used it I can say that its saved me about a thousand dollars over dealer repairs. I would guess this book has saved me around $4000.

If you only use this book one time, it will have paid for itself.

If you own a 986, you should own this book.

Lionel Add On Track Pack Curved
Lionel Add On Track Pack Curved
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great..not whats pictured, November 13, 2012
The picture of this track is wrong. The ends do not look like this. This track is the same track that comes with the plastic G-gauge trains like the Polar Express set. This track is a perfect match for those sets. Even the picture on the packaging is wrong, but the track is right.

Lionel G-Gauge Straight Track 4-Pack
Lionel G-Gauge Straight Track 4-Pack
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great..not whats pictured, November 13, 2012

Telestial Passport International Nano SIM Card for iphone 5 with $10.00 credit for 190 countries
Offered by Telestial
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect in my Verizon iPhone 4S, June 5, 2012
I was slightly concerned with reviews saying it would not work in a Verizon iPhone, and was curious about the reviews that said it did work. I figured for $4.50 it was worth a shot. Let me say this SIM works just fine in my Verizon iPhone 4S. I was able to activate the phone using this SIM while in the US and while still in an area that has good Verizon signal. I was connected to WiFi the entire time.

First, I called Verizon and asked them to unlock the SIM and they did it no problem. It took less than 5 minutes on the phone.

Second, I popped in this SIM. It came up with a prompt asking for a pin that is included in the packaging. The phone chugged a bit and then did some sort of super fast reboot. When it came up, it said searching for signal for a bit.

Third, I let the phone sit for about 10 mins. When I came back, it said T-mobile in the top left corner and the settings indicated my phone now had a UK phone number. Easy.

The card that the SIM comes packaged in says to put a 3 before the unlock PIN if you are in the states. When I did that, the phone gave an error that it could not activate because the SIM was not valid (or something like that). When I entered the SIM unlock code without the 3 it worked fine. I'm thinking you can only use the 3 in the States on a totally unlocked phone (which the Verizon iPhone is not). So by not including the 3 it did more of an international activation. Anyway, it seems to work fine. Well worth $4.50 when you consider you get $5 credit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 11:24 PM PST

Water Powered Pump Action Space Rocket Kids TOY Classic Toy
Water Powered Pump Action Space Rocket Kids TOY Classic Toy
Offered by goHastings
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, Not Great, April 9, 2012
After reading all the reviews I was worried when ordering this, however I'm happy to say my rocket worked just fine. Its a bit challenging to get the rocket set in the pump, but a little twist and it goes on fine. I pumped it just a few times just to try it out and it shot about 20 feet in the air.

Overall, its a cheap plastic toy. I felt it was worth a $6 shot and I think i've gotten $6 worth out of this thing so far. Dont expect a $20 toy if you only pay $6 for it.

Dual Alarm Iphone/ipod Gunmeta
Dual Alarm Iphone/ipod Gunmeta
Offered by AZPerfume
Price: $48.17
31 used & new from $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, could be better., January 15, 2012
First off, this certainly does work with the iPhone 4S.

My biggest complaint would be something that others have discussed is that you can only wake up to music with your phone/pod in the device. This is just dumb. The other problem I have is that you should be able to select which song/playlist/album etc is used for the alarm. It pretty much just uses the last thing you were listening to as the music. This can be annoying too, since often the music I listen to on the way home in the car is not what I want to wake up to in the morning. So I have to remember to change the active music to something that is good for waking up to.

I'm seriously considering making a playlist of "music" that is really just a collection of alarm clock alarm sounds so that I can wake up to a "buzzer" sound.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3