Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for RiverinaRomantics > Reviews

Browse

RiverinaRomantics' Profile

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RiverinaRomantics RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)
by Jeaniene Frost
Price: $7.19
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars First read by Jeaniene & it was fantastic, March 12, 2012
I wasn't really in the mood to read this book as I was a bit skeptical about how good everyone has rated it -over 10,100 Goodreads ratings with a 4.3 average, how good is that!! I will never doubt again because this book ROCKED!!

From the first chapter I was completely hooked in Kat's adventurous life. It was outstanding from start to finish, no dull parts and I couldn't stand to skim one word of it.

Kat is the only half human, half vampire alive and absolutely detests vampires, so she tries her best to kill as many as she can, until Bones comes along and then the fun begins. I loved the witty banter, the sarcastic arguments and the sexiness of this book.

There are SO MANY one liners that made me giggle - my favourite quotes:

1. "Do you know what those drugs did to you in the first dose, before the second one made you comatose? They killed the bug up your arse!"

2. "I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need."
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

**After thought, this whole series is fabulous!! A must read for fans of paranormal romance**
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2012 9:16 PM PDT

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld)
by Gena Showalter
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Gena, March 12, 2012
I started reading this series at book 0.5 The Darkest Fire and that could have been one of my biggest mistakes ever. I really didn't enjoy the Darkest Fire and if it wasn't for me already having purchased The Darkest Night, I probably wouldn't have continued with the series. But thankfully I did, because this series is wickedly funny.

Ashlyn is in search of peace from the voices of the past that constantly haunt her and whilst trying to find help in Budapest comes into contact with Maddox who is the keeper of the demon of Violence and so the story begins.

Some lines in this book were quite cheesy and I did role my eyes a few times but I would enjoy reading it again and would definitely recommend it to paranormal romance fans.

Gena Showalter's writing style is also quite similar to Kresley Cole - so if you're a lover of Kresley you might want to give Gena a go too.'

**Looking back on this series - I would definitely tell you to get your act into gear and read it. Gena's writing gets considerably better as the series goes along and the LotU series is no one of my favourites**

Captured by the Highlander (The Highlander Series)
Captured by the Highlander (The Highlander Series)
by Julianne MacLean
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, March 12, 2012
Every so often (...well more often than not lately) I get in a tired, grumpy mood and crave a certain type of romance. When I picked up Captured by the Highlander I needed a sexy, alpha highlander to pull me out of my funk, quite a mean feat, so I wasn't holding my breath.

But ...*sigh*....this book was everything I needed and more. I was ensnared from the very first chapter and didn't want to put it down. Even with a sick child and a major case of sleep deprivation I stayed up way past my bed time needing to read just one little bit more.....then that little bit more turned into another little bit more....and another.

After being awoken to a frighteningly scary highlander standing over her, weapon in hand, Amelia is kidnapped and taken on a hellish ride away from the safety of her home. Although she has been taken by the infamous 'Butcher of the Highlands' Amelia doesn't let it stop her from giving him a piece of her mind and the ensuing banter between them gave me a constant smile (even in my bad mood) and even a few chuckles.

"How long was I asleep?"
"Over an hour," the Butcher replied.
"An hour? Surely not."
"Aye. You were moaning my name and saying, 'Oh, yes, Duncan, yes, yes. Again, again...'"

There was never a dull moment and the love connection between them was heartfelt, emotional and dramatic. I LOVED IT!!

"I find it difficult to imagine you longing for anything," she said. "Don't you usually just take what you want?"
He lifted his head. "Nay, lass. Otherwise, you'd be deflowered by now, and feeling very grateful for it."

Duncan is so damn sexy. Perfectly proportioned, not only aesthetically but also in personality. He was the alpha, strong, determined type of hero that I swoon over, but he also had a heart and enough of a tortured past to make you want to cry from the need to hold him.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2012 9:30 PM PDT

Carnal Gift
Carnal Gift
by Pamela Clare
74 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Pamela, March 8, 2012
Pamela Clare is one of my go to authors when I'm in a book funk.

I know her stories will have loveable characters, heart wrenching romance and a whole heap of drama to keep me hooked from start to finish....So when I read the worst book known to man this week, I went straight to my Pamela Clare pile.

Carnal Gift was gorgeous. It gave me those really nice warm and fuzzies...you know the ones you get when the author has the ability to convince you of the most powerful love between two fictional characters and have you contemplating leaving your significant other in search of the hero.

Well, lucky for my husband I don't have a time machine because Jamie was such a honey. He was fiercely protective, adoringly sweet and masculine as hell.

I enjoyed this story from start to finish.

To Tempt a Sheikh (Silhouette Desire)
To Tempt a Sheikh (Silhouette Desire)
by Olivia Gates
23 used & new from $0.01

3.75 Stars

"Everything before you passed and went to waste." - My favourite heart fluttering quote.

I'm a sucker for a good Sheikh book. No idea why, the appeal of the sexy, powerful and royal men of the desert just do things for me and I find myself craving them on a regular basis. And I have grown to appreciate the way Olivia Gates portrays these yummy men.

Parts of this book had me deeply enthralled, loving every line, every sweet soft word. It really hit the spot.

Prince Harres Aal Shalaan was flat out gorgeous. He was royalty but yet he treated Talia like a Queen, someone he cherished and loved with a devotion that made me swoon a little.

Although this was a relatively quick read, it was short, sharp and sweet as Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. It was just what I needed.

The Lawman (The Willow Creek Series Book 1)
The Lawman (The Willow Creek Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, March 8, 2012
4.5 Stars

You should have seen my happy dance when I found out I would be getting an ARC of The Lawman. These feet were movin baby - movin I tells ya.

When asked to review the latest Lily Graison release, I had no hesitation. Lily is one of my go-to girls for sexy romances that always leave me sated with a warm, happy smile on my face. So today was a good day for me.

Yet again I wasn't disappointed by Lily's work. The Lawman was a torturously seductive story, with the perfect mix of romance, drama and heat between two characters that made me glow with excitement.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Lawman himself - was a roguishly handsome, sex god of a man, with his green eyes, long dark hair and a ravenous appetite for Abigail. While Abby on the other hand was far from timid and had a long list of secrets that kept surprising me right till the final chapter.

I devoured this book in one afternoon, enjoying the emotional ride and feeling 100% invested in the way Abigail and Morgan's story would turn out.

I honestly cannot wait until the second and subsequent books are released in this series.

How to Worship a Goddess (Forgotten Goddesses)
How to Worship a Goddess (Forgotten Goddesses)
by Stephanie Julian
Price: $14.99
33 used & new from $0.01

3.75 Stars

How to Worship a Goddess was a new spin on a hugely expanding genre.

It seems that every second romance author is trying their hand at paranormal which makes it hard to find a unique story in between all the variations of vampires, demons, fae etc, but I think Stephanie Julian may have a winner here.

The female protagonist - is a Goddess, but the part I enjoyed is that she wasn't perfect, she wasn't the be all and end all of all thing magical. Her powers weren't anything profound - in fact they were quite limited, making for some great conflict. And I even enjoyed the simple little fact that her name was Lucy - well in actuality it was Lusna Etrucian Goddess of the Moon, but she was always referred to as Lucy. She didn't need to have a hyped up name to pull off the mystical, Goddess-y nature, she was just Lucy.

Brandon - the sexy, macho, alpha with dreamy protective tendencies was the scrumptious ice hockey player that adored Lucy from first sight. He also came with a few surprises which I picked up on quite early - but it was still an enjoyable twist to this story.

I found the heat between Brandon and Lucy to be quite scorching - Stephanie Julian can definitely write a good sex scene but sometimes I wanted more intimate moments between the characters to convince me it was love instead of lust.

Chosen by the Sheikh: The Sheikh and the Virgin\Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure
Chosen by the Sheikh: The Sheikh and the Virgin\Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure
by Kim Lawrence
38 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars two parts to this reiew, March 8, 2012
The Sheikh and the Virgin

4.5 Stars

I LOVED this book. Loved it, loved it, loved it to pieces.

I'm a Sheikh whore. Can't get enough of them and this scratched the Sheikh itch I have been having lately.

Tariq was everything I fantasize a Sheikh to be - smart, broody, arrogant and sexy as hell. With looks to kill and a wash board stomach to boot. He was all kinds of yummilicious and I still find myself smiling about the bickering antics that went on between him and Beatrice.

It was all kinds of dreamy for me. Trickery, misunderstandings, lust at first sight and the inability to do anything about it.....but obviously they did.

I would have to say that this book would rate right up there with my favourite Sheikh story....may even nudge my favourite off the 1st place position.

I hope the second story in this book will be just as good.

Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure

3 Stars

This story would literally have had to make me drool to beat the first story in this book. And although it made me smile a little....there was no drool.

Unfortunately it was a case of awesome book back-up. I read it straight after the sexy Sheikh book above and was still basking it all the loveliness when I started this one.

Yes, it was good, but is ice-cream truly great after you've have a double choc fudge nut sundae??

It was well written and I think I would enjoy more stories from this author but the start didn't engage me or give me the warm and fuzzies....the ending on the other hand was enough to bring my rating up to a 3.

Over the Line (The Bodyguards, Book 4)
Over the Line (The Bodyguards, Book 4)
by Cindy Gerard
100 used & new from $0.01

3.75 Stars

Cindy Gerard is a legend. I LOVE her writing. It's clean, sharp, snappy, sexy and intense as hell.

Over the Line was another great read and I guess if I didn't already have the high 'Cindy Gerard' expectations I probably would have rated it higher, but it just didn't draw me in as much as the first three and definitely the last book I read in this series.

I was forewarned that this wasn't quite as good, so I was prepared. I started reading anticipating that I wouldn't enjoy this book - and although that was untrue - I did like this book, it just wasn't as hard hitting for me as the others.

It took a long time for me to feel the heat between the characters and there was a few too many twists, turns and point of views. Usually Cindy Gerard can have me sitting on the edge of my seat with heart palpitations but I didn't get there with Over The Line. There just seemed to be one problem after the other, after the other, after the other and although it kept me guessing, I did become a little tired of it.

Did I enjoy it?? Hell yes.
Did it keep me entertained from start to finish?? Yes sir, it did.

But if I compare it to book 3 in this series? It just wasn't in the same ball park.

Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, Book 5)
Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, Book 5)
by Cindy Gerard
74 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, March 8, 2012
4.5 Stars

Another fan-farking-tastic book from Cindy Gerard. I love this woman, she truly is an impressive author.

Under the Wire was the dangerous and adventure packed story of Manny and Lily....and I don't really think I need to say it again but for those people out there who haven't read Cindy Gerard - it was AWESOME.

Manny was the masculine as all hell hero who spoke with the sexiest accent and knew how to make a woman feel desired, as well as loved. And Lily was the strong, broad shouldered heroine who deserved such a great man.

The thing about me being a pansy ass is that sometimes I can't sleep at night due to reading suspense filled books...yes its romantic suspense and I need to grow a pair, but it can still give me nightmares. Mock all you want but I actually had to put this book down a few times. When it comes to children in horrible situations I kinda put my tail between my legs and want to crawl into the fetal position. I always place myself in the books I read, so when the heroines child is abducted it freaks me the hell out.
But it was a fabulous freak out.

And Manny...oh Manny, did I tell you how yummy he is.....YUMMO

Favourite quotes:

Manny watched her walk inside, then directed a glare at Mullnix. "What? Her gun was bigger than yours?"

"Mi Corazon. Mi alma. Son tuyos." My heart. My soul. They are yours, he whispered against the generous curve of her breast as a million sensations, all of them hot, all of them rich, all of them straddling the razor-sharp edge of pain, ripped through his loins like a flash fire and stripped him of everything but consciousness.

"Tuyo. Todo que tengo es tuyo." Yours. Everything I have is yours.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 7:43 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10