Profile for Kier Mcaulay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kier Mcaulay RSS Feed (NYC)

Page: 1 | 2
Alloy Rubber Shopping Trolley Basket Cart 4.5" Wheel
Alloy Rubber Shopping Trolley Basket Cart 4.5" Wheel
Offered by uxcell
Price: $9.73
2 used & new from $9.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, October 14, 2013
I got these wheel s to replace the front wheels on shopping cart. Mu first impression was very favorable; the wheels seemed solid with a lot of metal which has to be more durable than plastic. I put the wheels on the cart with no problem. But when I pushed the cart with weight in it, the wheels rolled very roughly; the entire cart would shake. After a while, I looked at the wheels and what I saw was that the part of the wheel that the axel goes through had become very loose in relation to the part of the wheel that is supposed to rotate around the part that the axel goes through. This looseness makes the wheels virtually useless. Both wheels had the same problem. I ended up throwing out the entire shopping cart, and buying a new and better cart.

I would strongly recommend not buying these wheels.

Trimmer Heavy Duty Extra Large Shopping Cart, Red
Trimmer Heavy Duty Extra Large Shopping Cart, Red
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $34.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, July 26, 2013
I got this cart about 8 months ago. I use it about once a week going to and from a store that is a mile away from my home. On the way to the store the cart is empty and on the way back it is quite heavy, probably 80 pounds. All of this is to give you an idea of how much use the cart gets.

My impression of the cart is mixed. The frame is very sturdy and holds a heavy load of liquids and cat food with no problem. My problem is that the tire on the left front wheel recently fell off the wheel. I was able to wrestle the tire back on but the tire does not sit evenly on the wheel and therefore the wheel now has low points and high points. This makes pushing the cart much harder. I am hoping that over time the tire will "set" on the wheel better, but I doubt it. The tire that I am referring to is a solid rubber tread that goes over a plastic wheel.

I will probably end up buying a new set of front wheels and hope that they will fit or that I can make them fit. The problem is that a set of wheels cost about half as much as the whole cart.

Emeril by All-Clad E9832164 PRO-CLAD Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Sauce Pan Cookware, 1-Quart, Silver
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $37.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a quart sized pot, December 5, 2012
I just received the 1 quart Emiril 1 quart Pro-Clad sauce pan. I have not used it yet, but it seems very well made and I have no doubt that it will work very well. My issue with it is that when I took it out of the box is seemed rather small. As a test, I poured four one cup measurements of water into the pot and the water overflowed; not a lot of water overflowed but some did. There is no way that one could cook a quart of food in this pot. As a practical matter, what I received is a 3 cup sauce pan.

Unlike some reviewers, the pot I received is what was pictured in that it does not have a pour spout and it is heavy weight, but as I said, it just is not a quart size.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 6:02 AM PDT

Stanley 31132 CordMax Office Grounded Low Profile 3-Outlet Indoor Extension Cord, 15-Feet, Black
Price: $14.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, July 3, 2012
My take on this extension cord is that it is a very good extension cord that has a lousy description. It is a 15 foot, 3 outlet, 3 prong, 16 gauge extension cord. The package, that the extension cord came in, says that it is an outdoor extension cord while the Amazon description says that it is an indoor extension cord. Regardless, the casing around the wire seems to be heavy duty and I have little doubt that it will hold up well. As another review said, two of the sockets are on one side and the third is on the other side. This is neither a good nor a bad design, but you should know what you are getting.

The Amazon description says that it is a heavy duty extension cord. I don't know what that means, but it is rated for 13 amps (1625 watts) not 15 amps which is what I associate with heavy duty. The Amazon description also says that there are individual safety covers, the extension cord that I received did not have any safety covers.

If you want a 15 foot, 16 gauge, 3 outlet, 3 prong, black extension cord, I don't think you will find anything better than this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 9:38 AM PDT

Oster 118530-001 Fusion blender blade cutter 4980.
Oster 118530-001 Fusion blender blade cutter 4980.
Offered by Goodman's
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, June 20, 2012
I ordered the Oster Counterforms Blender and ordered the Fusion blender blade separately. When the blade came it was wrapped in newspaper without a manufacturer's box. The blade is a little stiff, certainly stiffer then the blade that came with the blender or the milk shake blade that I also ordered. I can't tell if this blade is a factory second, or if it is a blade that had been returned. As a side, the Counterforms blender came with the same blade so there was no reason for me to get this blade separately, live and learn.

My bottom line is that I paid a little over $8 for this with free shipping, and it is not bad, but it clearly is not first quality. I'll keep it, but I am a bit annoyed.

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett
Price: $15.46
1665 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of a slow start..., June 14, 2012
This review is from: The Help (Hardcover)
The book didn't really get started for me until Chapter 3. I was almost going to stop reading. After that, I was hooked, all the way through. I was a little bit disappointed by the ending because I felt like too many ends were left...maybe the author was planning a sequel, though I don't see one. If it wasn't for those two things, the book would have gotten 5 stars.

Sleep Joy 2" ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Twin
Sleep Joy 2" ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Twin
Price: $84.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheapened product, May 9, 2011
I just received this mattress topper in a twin size and I am very disappointed. A few months ago, I got this same mattress topper in queen size and it was excellent, nice and firm. The twin sized mattress topper that I just received is much, much softer, more like foam rubber than memory foam. I will talk to my daughter about whether it is worth keeping, but you should know, that in my experience, the positive reviews that are posted are for a very different product.

Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath
Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath
Offered by HASSLE-FREE
Price: $84.20
38 used & new from $84.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, June 11, 2010
My daughter has developed a use for a multi tool so I gave her my original wave and bought the new wave for myself. While there some improvements in the new wave, there are problems with the new wave that makes it a much inferior tool to the original wave.

1. The pliers are very, very stiff to open and close. I am hoping that with time things will loosen up with time. But out of the box, opening and closing the pliers takes a lot of work.

2. There are a lot of sharp edges on the new wave. When you have a knife blade open, the back of the closed blades stick out and cut into my hand. If you look at the pictures of the new wave you will see one that shows the new wave closed and you can somewhat see how back of the blades stick out. Trust me, it is a lot worse than it looks and the back of the blades have sharp edges. This as a serious shortcoming in that the palm of my hand is sore from using the new wave. The original wave was much more comfortable to use.

3. The case that comes with the new wave is made of a combination of leather and nylon and is much less convenient to use than the all leather case of the original wave. The snap of the case is hard to close and usually takes several attempts to close. The case has several pockets that are completely useless but that make the case a lot bigger than it needs to be. In short, the new case is bulkier and not as functional as the old case.

I am really surprised at how good the reviews of the new wave are but in my mind it is vastly inferior tool. My advice is to try the new wave out in a store before buying it.

HP K5400DTN Officejet Pro Color Printer
HP K5400DTN Officejet Pro Color Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Relaibility problems, June 23, 2009
II got this printer because I wanted a color printer that would connect to my home wireless network so that my wife and daughter could print from their laptops.

The good news:

The printer connected to the network without any problems.
The printer is very, very fast.
The text print quality is superb.
The graphics are a step down from some printers but then again this is not advertised as a photo printer and graphics are more than satisfactory.

The bad news.

After a while the printer starts to take a lot of time and make a lot of noise when it is turned on. It appears that the print heads are cleaning. The print heads are also using a lot of ink while cleaning. Further, the print heads start to degrade over time and lines of text start to fade out. Worse, replacing the print heads is very expensive. The problem is that unlike some printers, the print heads are separate from the ink cartridges and therefore you do not get a fresh print head when you replaces an ink cartridge. This does mean that cost of the ink cartridges is less, but when you factor in ink wasted while the print heads are cleaning and the cost of replacement print heads, this printer becomes very expensive to use. If not for the problems with the print heads I would give it a 5 star rating.

I am not willing to spend a lot of money maintaining this printer and it is going to be replaced. I think I am going to give up on color and get a good laser printer that is network ready. If I need color I will take a memory stick to a print store and print in color that way.

I really like this printer but it is just not reliable enough.

Swingline Optima Grip Blue Stapler (S7087812B)
Swingline Optima Grip Blue Stapler (S7087812B)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as Pictured, June 15, 2009
I received the Optima Grip stapler and it is a very good stapler and one which is designed to be used as either a hand held stapler or while sitting on a desk. The stapler is made largely of metal while not being excessively heavy. The stapler does a fine job of stapling fairly thick packets of paper, I have not tried stapling 25 pages yet.

However, you should be aware that the picture that Amazon has is not of the Optima Grip stapler. Rather, the picture is of the Optima Desk stapler. I own an Optima Desk stapler and it is a much heavier duty stapler. The metal is thicker, the stapler weighs much more and it has more supports and guides to keep the parts of the stapler aligned. If you look at the picture, on Amazon, of the Optima Grip Compact stapler you will see what the Optima Grip stapler looks like, only the Optima Grip stapler is longer.

In short the Optima Grip stapler is a very good stapler; it is not as heavy duty as the more expensive Optima Desk stapler, but for all but the heaviest duty uses it is fine.

Page: 1 | 2