Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Free Range Clickin' > Reviews

Browse

Free Range Click...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 398

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Free Range Clickin' RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Case - Lightest and Thinnest Protective Genuine Leather Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, Royal Purple
Price: $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars "Royal Purple" is a lie. It's a muddy dark fugly purplish color., June 13, 2016
I bought this case in 2013. It fits my first generation Paperwhite perfectly, and the sleep/wake switch works flawlessly.

But the color - oh my goodness, it is AWFUL. It's not a "royal purple" at all. It's a muddy dark maroon-ish kind of purple. A depressing dark dark dull color. Black would be better. Heck, monkey-vomit puce or screaming psychedelic green would be better. Seriously.

I'm thinking about getting a newest-generation Paperwhite, and I know this case will work with that. But my loathing for the color continues. Do I splurge for a new and not-ugly case?

All I know for sure is that I can't see myself putting a nice new latest greatest Paperwhite in this fugly colored case.

Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Refrigerator Water Filter 3, White (Pack of 1)
Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Refrigerator Water Filter 3, White (Pack of 1)
Price: $39.99
18 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, June 11, 2016
I'd stocked up on the "old" original filters for my fridge, so that only lately did I need to re-order. And found that this is the new version. I read reviews here, and worried that it might not work as well as the old ones.

I installed this filter the other day, and ran five gallons through it immediately after installation. I then ran a glass of water through the filter and tasted it. No problems. No funny taste. I'm happy with it. I wasn't thrilled with the price I had to pay, and will keep an eye out for a bargain price in the future.

Rubbermaid Swing N' Toss Swing-Top Wastebasket, 50-Quart, Cashmere
Rubbermaid Swing N' Toss Swing-Top Wastebasket, 50-Quart, Cashmere
Price: $17.97
16 used & new from $17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but don't like the swing lid., June 11, 2016
I needed a container at least this large to hold my recyclables between trips to our condo complex's recycling dumpsters, and I chose this one based on the Rubbermaid brand. In my experience Rubbermaid products are well made and durable.

Pros: It appears well made, and I like the discreet color, and tall kitchen can bags fit it.

Con: I don't like the swing lid, which won't work when the can isn't even nearly filled. A different design would have been better. That's not a deal breaker, though. I wasn't even looking for a recycle bin with a lid, so I may just lose the lid entirely anyway.

Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headset (Black)
Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headset (Black)
Price: $34.36
188 used & new from $12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Stumbled into a good thing here, June 1, 2016
I did pretty much no research before buying this headset, so perhaps I just lucked into a good thing. On the other hand, I've had positive experiences with Sony brand audio products - including cheap-ish earbuds - over many years. I really like this set of earbuds. The sound is great. I've used them at work and sometimes at home.

I recently used this headset on an airplane for the first time. My primary purpose was to listen to an audiobook, not to use the headset for noise cancellation, but the earbuds did a decent job of delivering the audio while reducing ambient noise. I have a set of Bose noise cancelling earphones, but didn't bring them along on that trip so I haven't done a direct comparison of the noise reduction. Considering that these earbuds are a fraction of the size/weight of the Bose headset, I'm more than satisfied with their performance in flight.

These earbuds work with my Nexus 5X, iPad mini, and various iPods. I've rarely used this as a headset for phone calls, but I believe I did test it out and it will work that way.

WD 3TB Black My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBBKD0030BBK-NESN
Price: $114.99
100 used & new from $94.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad out of the box, unlike all my other WD drives. Disappointing!, May 23, 2016
I've owned several WD brand external drives over the years, and they have performed very well. So I ordered this one with confidence. Sadly, it's on its way back to Amazon for a refund. The short version: despite numerous fresh erase/formats using Disk Utility, and connecting to two different Macs, all attempts to copy files to this drive resulted in error messages. This is the first and only WD drive I've ever had that (mis)behaved this way. I ordered it because I wanted a portable external drive with a lot of capacity to handle photo files. For now, I'll stick with my two 1TB WD USB 3.0 portable drives. Together, they have the capacity I need for now and at least several months in the future. I have time to figure out Plan B for adding capacity, but I'll be reluctant to try this 3TB drive again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 5:53 AM PDT

Nexus 5X Case, Ringke [Fusion] Clear PC Back TPU Bumper w/ Screen Protector [Drop Protection/Shock Absorption Technology][Attached Dust Cap] For LG Google Nexus 5X - Smoke Black
Offered by Ringke Official Store
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, May 22, 2016
This case has been on my Nexus 5X for almost six months now, with no problems. It's not bulletproof, nor will it protect the phone from rough handling. But it fits perfectly and securely, while being reasonably easy to get on and off (for cleaning). Not the fault of this case, but my phone is black and I'm tired of losing track of it when it's inside a bag, or somewhere on the (black carpeted) floor of my car. So I'm shopping for a light or bright colored case to replace it. I'll shop the Ringke brand first, based on my experience with this case.

EDITED to add: After I wrote this review I remembered that this clear case came with a template for making a DIY decorative insert for the back of the case. I made one, using the template, from a magazine photo. Now it's easier to spot my more colorful phone even against a dark background or inside a bag. I'm uploading a photo of the case with the DIY insert.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fantom Drives G-Force 5TB Quad USB3.0/2.0 eSATA Firewire800/400 Aluminum External Hard Drive (GF5000QU3)
2 used & new from $322.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good performance as Time Machine drive, May 6, 2016
I've had this drive about 4 months now. It's attached to my Mac mini with a Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter. My drive is partitioned for my Time Machine backups (4TB) and for photo files (1TB).

I've never had a problem with the drive in any way. My home office isn't dead silent, so I don't know that this drive is eerily quiet when in use, but it certainly does not seem noisy. The blue LED light is bright but not enough to bother me. If it did, I'd put a bit of black tape over it or otherwise block it from my sight. I'm very pleased with this drive, and will probably be buying another Fantom drive soon, to consolidate all my photo files.

Breathless Season 1
Breathless Season 1
DVD
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable British hospital soap opera, April 19, 2016
This review is from: Breathless Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Wow, this was a fun series to binge-watch. Jack Alexander owned the screen. The plot got more convoluted and less coherent as the series went on. It really put the suds in "soap opera"!

I'd rate this as five stars for the fine production values - scrumptious period clothes, accurate period sets, and cars to die for. The portrayal of the callous in-your-face misogyny of the medical profession of that place and time, is in my opinion accurate if ugly, and thumbs up to the producers and director for including those scenes. But it loses points for the over the top plot.

Too bad there won't be a Season 2. I'd watch if only to see if, and how, they could write something better than that final episode. The "old Cyprus secret" made little sense, whether or not there was a nutjob cop like Mulligan stalking Otto Powell and his wife.

Lives In The House Of Windsor - The Complete First Season
Lives In The House Of Windsor - The Complete First Season
DVD
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, January 18, 2016
As other reviews here have said, this series is sloppy and superficial. Early on, it says that Queen Elizabeth II is/was the wife of George VI. She's the daughter of George VI. Then there's the clunky bit of narration: Queen Mary had six "kids." I wouldn't recommend this series to anyone.

TechMatte USB-C to Micro USB Adapter Convert Connector for HTC 10, LG G5, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 3 with 56k Resistor; Approved to Meet USB Type-C Standard (2-Pack, Black)
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good results with Nexus 5X, January 17, 2016
I bought a 2 pack of these adapters after I got a Nexus 5X. I put each of them on a micro USB charging cable, and tested them using the CheckR app. They both passed. My cables, with these adapters, work to charge my Nexus 5X with no problems.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20