Profile for Long Island Dad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 195

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Long Island Dad RSS Feed (Long Island, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IIT 17942 Tri Tap 12 Volt Socket with USB Port
IIT 17942 Tri Tap 12 Volt Socket with USB Port
Offered by Show-Me Tools
Price: $8.25
4 used & new from $3.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage..., July 10, 2014
Upon three first use, nine of the ports worked. The unit seems to be extremely flimsy and never worked at all. I had to immediately return it.

OSRAM - Night Breaker Unlimited 9006 (Pair)
OSRAM - Night Breaker Unlimited 9006 (Pair)
Offered by MotiveMods
Price: $47.99
3 used & new from $47.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but has its flaws..., June 16, 2014
Pros:
Clean, nearly white light.
Brighter than OEM.
Easy to install (with my vehicle).

Cons:
More expensive than OEM.
Does not last as long as OEM.
Not much brighter than OEM as expected.

Anker® 25W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger Travel Power Adapter for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $25.99
6 used & new from $17.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but has an annoying flaw., March 29, 2014
Good space saver but the unit goes wonky if you plug in too many devices at once. It still won't handle more than 3 devices plugged into it before it starts intermittently dropping voltage output to all the devices. I guess this is because there's no load management circuit, which would put each outlet in an order of priority.

Update:
After reading this review, Anker has replaced this charger for me with their 40w unit and it has so far performed without issues. They asked me to remove this review but I feel that it's more prudent to update it instead.
So, if you plan on using at least three devices with this charger at once, I recommend that you go with their 40w unit instead.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album if you like the one color choice., March 13, 2014
Oddly, this fantastic album is only available in the one color scheme.
Regardless, it's of very good quality and at a great price for a 500 print album.
FYI: We chose to buy this album at staples.com for the same price and free shipping.

One Morning in Maine (Picture Puffins)
One Morning in Maine (Picture Puffins)
by Robert McCloskey
Price: $6.29
256 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book with a less than conclusive ending., March 6, 2014
The illustration style has a nostalgic feel of the era it's from and the wiring was beautiful. The story's ending however, made the book feel as if it was just an inconcluded chapter in a longer book.

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 18.0 MP CMOS Digital SLR with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 18.0 MP CMOS Digital SLR with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens
Price: $649.00
54 used & new from $450.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, March 1, 2014
We already have many cameras in our house but I wanted something for my wife that was small enough for her to want to use it (rather than just grabbing her Canon S120 as usual) but also versatile enough to be able to use my extensive collection of Canon lenses and flashes. We purchased this kit for only $499 a few months ago and so far it's been lovely to use. It fits my wife's hands perfectly and it's not so small that I'm not comfortable using it either. The kit lens is great but a bit limiting at just 55mm on the long end. If you plan on getting the longer zoom to supplement it, fine. But if you want to not have to switch lenses often and want more reach, I highly recommend getting just the body (for under $400) and then getting the Canon EF-S 18-135 STM for about $400 more. This latter setup is actually what we eventually did and we gave this first kit as a gift.

Mr. Wuffles! (Caldecott Medal - Honors Winning Title(s))
Mr. Wuffles! (Caldecott Medal - Honors Winning Title(s))
by David Wiesner
Price: $11.76
109 used & new from $6.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and inventive..., March 1, 2014
With little to no words, the child is left to view the illustrations and come to their own conclusions while even making up their own story. For pre-readers, this is a must get book. I just wish it was a bit less expensive. Look for it at your library before investing in it.

Gund Sesame Street Cookie Monster 12" Plush
Gund Sesame Street Cookie Monster 12" Plush
Price: $14.05
79 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter..., March 1, 2014
...Absolutely loves this. She's had one for over a year and so we bought a second for her to keep at Nonna & Nonno's house. If Cookie Monster is your child's favorite Sesame Street character too, then you NEED to get this for him/her.

FOURSEVENS Quark AA²/ Pro QP2A-X Black Finish / Cool White LED; 2XAA; 280 Lumens
Offered by Kandlepower
Price: $63.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best value., March 1, 2014
It's bright but has a hotspot. I like how it uses AA batteries but it burns through them quickly so I recommend rechargeables. Also, it's so expensive that I find myself more often using my MagLite XL200.

Poetic ProFilm Series Screen Protector Film Ultra Clear for The New iPad 3 (3-Pack)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend this., March 1, 2014
While it's a bit expensive, and can be fussy to install, it's a very good protector against scratches and light impacts on the iPad 2 to 4 models. I'm suspecting that the other sizes perform equally as well. If you have kids or travel with your iPad, this is a must. Also, when it's time to sell your iPad later, having an immaculate screen means you'll get top dollar, which will more than pay for these protectors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20