Profile for Ocman76 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ocman76 "-Ocman76" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360
Price: $19.99
56 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, July 21, 2014
I am about 80% of the way through this game now so I figured it was time to write my review.

Pros:
> One of the most fun stealth systems in any game I have ever played.
> Absolutely love the apocalyptic environment and art style . Reminds me of Half Life a lot.
> Lots of customizability and options. You can definitely play this game lots of different ways.
> The different powers in the game are a lot of fun.
> If you like to explore their are lots of hidden places to find loot and stuff like that.
> So far, a good story and I like the characters.

Cons:
> Being totally honest here, the graphics are not very good. I may love the art style but the actual textures are very low grade. I normally wouldn't complain about this but lots of other games released on the 360 have much better textures, like Bioshock Infinite for instance. I have also seen this game on PC, and unfortunately it doesn't look any better.
> This may not be a con for others, but if you are going the stealth pathway, the game is pretty hard. Going up against multiple enemies at once is sometimes necessary, so it is easy to be detected.

Other thoughts:
The case comes with two discs, one for the main game, one for the dlc. A small whale oil poster is also included.

Dark Souls - Xbox 360
Dark Souls - Xbox 360
Price: $15.75
111 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Dark Souls - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Dark Souls is a fun (sometimes addicting game) but it definitely has some downfalls and I will cover those first:

Cons:
>Story is extremely hard to figure out. Even if you talk to all NPC's in the game and piece together as much as you can there is a lot of theory involved. The only way to get the full picture is to read wiki pages for a while.
>Motivation. Often during this game it is unclear what you are doing and why. This bugs me quite a bit, there is very little direction.
>Controller basically required to play properly.
>Very steep learning curve.
> PvP is often both unfair and laggy.

Pros:
>Excellent enemy+boss variety. Enemies in this game are unique and interesting.
>Satisfying combat. Backstabs and dodges are lots of fun. So is parrying if you get it right.
>Beautiful interconnected world and level design.

I originally played this game after borrowing it from a friend for the 360, and I got only about 10% in before quitting. I was playing offline and it was too hard. I was struggling to move forward, and was using poor weapons and armor because I couldn't find anything better.

About 8 months later a friend gifted it to me on steam for PC and I decided to give it another try. This time I asked him for advice and he gave me insight on how to find better gear and how to be smarter in combat. With these tips, I really got into the game. My point here is that without an outside source of information, I would never have enjoyed DaS 1. The weapons and armor he told me how to get would have been almost impossible to find on my own. It took a lot of advice before I even started to get decent at this game and I didn't enjoy it until then.

However, once you do start to get the game down, it becomes a lot of fun.

Just keep in mind that this game often doesn't explain things, it never holds your hand. If you ever need help just read up on the wiki.

Anker® Gaming Mouse, 7 Programmable Buttons, up to 2000 DPI, 5 User Profiles (bound to specific games), Omron Micro Switches
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, June 3, 2014
I like it a lot, good feel, nice looks. I used to be using a very small mouse, so I was afraid switching to a new one like this would make it hard for me to reach the right and left click but this is not the case. I can keep my fingers as far back as halfway on the mouse and still click just fine.

For those of you having trouble with the Anker software: Install it and then restart your computer, for me it wouldn't work at all until the computer was restarted.

Logitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906
Logitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906
Price: $306.99
56 used & new from $300.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, May 16, 2014
These are high quality speakers, they sounds good and the subwoofer has excellent bass (maybe too much I love bass but often turn it down so I don't shake my room). Make sure before buying these that your computer or xbox or whatever you have supports 5.1 surround sound and you have the correct cables. These came with the proper PC cables but I had to buy a toslink cable for my xbox.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable and Toslink Digital Audio Optical Cable, 2 Pack
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cables!, May 15, 2014
Both cables are very high quality and durable. Excellent price as well. Would recommend.

Only problem is they are quite short, but I knew that when I bought them.

DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
Offered by Cmple
Price: $2.81
146 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 week, May 15, 2014
Bad cable. Stopped working after 1 week, and even when it did work it had very poor signal. The video would often cut out and come back on. I should have bought a better cable.

BioShock Infinite - Xbox 360
BioShock Infinite - Xbox 360
Price: $14.99
172 used & new from $8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game, November 15, 2013
What an amazing game. It has one of the best stories I have ever played. The gameplay is very fun and is similar to the other Bioshock games. The world itself is large and very beautiful. The characters in this game are so realistic, and they have fascinating back stories. The end of the game can however be a little of a brain f*** at first. I would recommend this game to anyone.

One last comment to show how good this game is:

This is the only game I have every played through twice. No other game has had a good enough story for me to do that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2013 7:25 PM PST

Game Poster the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim High-quality Posters Prints (20" * 32")
Game Poster the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim High-quality Posters Prints (20" * 32")

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Poster, November 15, 2013
Great poster. The quality is very good. Printed nicely on a thick canvas sheet. Looks great and I would recommend to others.

HALO Reach HD PS3 Xbox 360 Giant 22" Game Poster 05
HALO Reach HD PS3 Xbox 360 Giant 22" Game Poster 05

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Poster, November 15, 2013
Decent quality. Its a little thin but good nonetheless. The image is definitely printed with high quality. Would recommend to others.

iMBAPrice® Category 5e (Cat5e) CMR Ethernet Patch Cable (25 Feet, Blue)
iMBAPrice® Category 5e (Cat5e) CMR Ethernet Patch Cable (25 Feet, Blue)
Offered by ELMENOS (USA SELLER)
Price: $4.15
12 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Ethernet Cable, August 4, 2013
I bought this for use between my router & modem and my desktop computer. It is a good quality cable with attachable clips at both ends so the cable doesn't fall out of its socket easily. For the price this is a great deal. Would highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3