Profile for Paul B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul B. RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Panasonic KX-TG4744B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System, Black, 4 Handsets
Price: $119.95
18 used & new from $75.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairlly satisfied, but one unit died, August 3, 2014
Overall I'm fairly happy with these phones. But one unit died after half a year, and it was hardly ever used. I also think the sound quality could be better, and the controls more intuitive.

Scotch Magic Tape, 1/2 x 450 Inches (104)
Scotch Magic Tape, 1/2 x 450 Inches (104)
Price: $1.59

Replacement Seats and Springs For Delta Faucet RP4993
Offered by Wholesale Plumbing
Price: $6.10
3 used & new from $0.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but does "hammer" on my older faucet., August 3, 2014
Everything went together fine, and no leaks. But be aware that older Delta faucets may hammer with these washers as the water is first turned on.

I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God
Price: $9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a conversion story - a school of the Spirit, August 3, 2014
This is a compelling story, not only of a Muslim conversion to Christ, but of the Holy Spirit schooling she went through in being led by the Lord. There are a lot of pearls here that will help anyone sense the voice of the Father more clearly amid the confusing situations of life. At points it actually reminded me of Brother Lawrence's classic Practicing the Presence of God.

The story is hard to put down, and it ends too abruptly - and too soon. I wished there was more on Bilquis' life after her emigration. But there is an interesting postscript by the missionary wife who was instrumental in helping Bilquis find the Lord. It speaks of the differences between Eastern and Western culture, and how central honor is to the East. We need to give this serious consideration, because it is a key to escaping the legalism that drives much Western religious interpretations. If our primary motivation is to honor God, we need not sweat the small stuff.

If anything, the persecution of Christians in Muslim lands has become worse since the time this book describes. We need to keep our brothers in prayer. There are many videos online and books here at Amazon that document conversion stories similar to this one, many of them complete with dreams and visions that drew persons to Christ. This points to another difference between East and West: the East is less confident on man's intellectual understanding, and more open to the leading of the spirit.

Highly recommended.

Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED
Price: $17.99
43 used & new from $16.46

3.0 out of 5 stars dustbuster on a stick, April 30, 2014
This is not a bad tool considering its price point. However it's fairly useless on my medium pile carpet. It lacks a brush to kick up the dirt as you slide the head over the carpet. That and a spring to hold the head down to the carpet would have made a big difference I believe.

Organic Caraway Seed
Organic Caraway Seed
Offered by XTREMEK
Price: $9.45
13 used & new from $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Organic Caraway Seed (Misc.)
A couple of reviews here scared me, but I decided to go with the statistics (everyone makes mistakes). And it turned out well. The product is fresh, tasty and well-packed.

Stanley 66-039 6-Piece Jewelers Precision Screwdriver Set
Stanley 66-039 6-Piece Jewelers Precision Screwdriver Set
Offered by Quality Distributing LLC
Price: $8.03
24 used & new from $5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for fine jewelry, but great for laptops, April 16, 2014
Don't buy this to do things like eyeglass repair. The tool is misnamed. But it is great for laptop work. The tips are hardened and sharp. There is a touch of magnetism, but in my view not quite enough. So I bought a magnet and enhanced the magnetism. Great set does most of my hand work.

Powerful Handle Magnet with Ergonomic Handle, 4.50" Length, 1" Width, 3.375" Height Including Handle, 100 Pounds Pull, 1 each
Price: $7.70
19 used & new from $4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget 100lb pull, but still an excellent magnet, April 16, 2014
The only way this magnet would "pull" 100lbs is horizontally on low-friction bearings. But other than that I found it very effective as a utility tool. My main purpose was to magnetize screwdrivers I use for laptop repair. It took only three strokes to do that beyond my wildest expectations, so I'm very happy with the product.

Luxe Bidet Neo 250 (Elite Series) Hot and Cold Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment w/ Strong Faucet Valves and Metal Hoses
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $59.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but a few suggestions, April 16, 2014
Full disclosure: a unit was provide to me free, unsolicited, by Luxe for reviewing purposes.

This was my first bidet experience, and I find it a far superior way of hygiene, which also saves toilet paper.

Delivery was very quick, and packing was good.

This unit is well made in terms of fit and finish, and the parts, such as fittings and valves, are high quality. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the unit, and feel it does its job well.

There is some room for improvement, however, relating to poor directions, some pieces lacking, and in aesthetics that could be improved.

My own problem was in trying to make the warm water hookup under the sink. My under-sink is extremely tight, and I simply could not get the flexible plastic tube mounted onto the tee fitting. I looked for help in the directions, but found none. The directions are mostly pictorial, very spare and frankly inadequate. After an hour and a half of physical torture I gave up. Before you buy a warm water bidet, make sure you have clear access to the hot water valve under the sink! Fortunately the unit works fine on cold water alone. The cold water supply taps directly off the toilet itself, so that's not a problem.

The parts left out are thickness spacers for the toilet seat. If you're going to sell something that raises the back end of the seat 7/16", then you should supply spacers to hold the sides and front of the seat up securely. Also, about one foot of Teflon tape would be a good addition for homeowner-installers.

The bidet is a fairly imposing addition to the side of the toilet, with a couple of very prominent water lines coming off it. Since the arm that holds the valve head is rather big, it puzzles me why Luxe didn't route the water lines under it, out of sight. A couple of built-in clips could have held the lines in position.

I'm very satisfied, but the unit and the installation experience would be better with some attention to my criticisms.

Surface 200mL Screen Cleaner for Computers, Tablets, Laptops and other Electronics (SURF201W)
Offered by DependableResource
Price: $11.98
9 used & new from $6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stuff, October 3, 2012
I bought a used monitor that turned out to have a scratch and a smudge that I couldn't get off. So I tried this stuff on it. A little elbow grease later, the scratch remains but *the smudge is gone*. Amazing. And the viewing quality of the screen surface has never been better. Very well done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6