Profile for Paul B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul B. RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Price: $15.80
37 used & new from $15.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall disappointed, June 17, 2015
Fairly disappointed with this machine. Well made but poorly designed. Extremely loud, so that trimming ear hair is painful. The fine teeth often catch on my mustache - more pain. The attachment system is borderline (Wahl's achilles heel), and the caddy is almost worthless. The battery started out very strong, but already shows signs of deterioration.

I does serve its intended purpose for very light work. All told I would not buy again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2015 2:12 PM PDT

Sharpie King Size Permanent Marker, 1 Black Marker (15101PP)
Sharpie King Size Permanent Marker, 1 Black Marker (15101PP)
Price: $4.45
29 used & new from $0.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true black, March 2, 2015
Not nearly true black. Has a purple cast to it that impacts what I bought it for. Disappointed.

Diane Wave Brush, Extra Firm Reinforced Boar Bristles
Diane Wave Brush, Extra Firm Reinforced Boar Bristles
Price: $3.99
14 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good if it's actually what you want, March 2, 2015
Well-made, but be aware that this is not a small brush by any means. Very good if it's actually what you want.

Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED-lit LCD Monitor
Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED-lit LCD Monitor
Price: $177.99
85 used & new from $109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, March 2, 2015
This Asus should be five-star, but it has serious drawbacks that prevent me from recommending it. The hotkeys for contrast and brightness are not working (brightness worked once, then stopped). The buttons are far too hard to press, and they must be pressed repeatedly to get anything done. The friend I bought this monitor for has nerve damage in her hands and this will be a major obstacle to her using the monitor well.

Perhaps the worst is the lack of documentation. I got a sheet with cursory directions in 17 languages, with a distracting watermark over each one, but nothing told me how to actually use the machine.

I came here and asked a question, which thus far has not drawn an answer. So I went over to Asus.com, to find that they have taken their forums down. But they provide numbers for direct telephone support. I waited until business hours and called, to find that each of them also has been taken down.

I refurb laptops and often find that Asus builds a great machine, but then shoots itself in the foot in one way or another. It seems they continue to do so, and they may be the last Asus I buy for my own use. The contrast on this unit is far too intense for extended use, and apparently their is no way to change it. The ability to change contrast, brightness and other parameters is available deep in the menu, but varies as per the selected profile - with no explanation in the literature. This is completely bizarre, and it looks like this monitor is going back.

UPDATE: I found my main answer. "Eco" mode must be turned off in order to activate various brightness and contrast controls. I found this only by experimentation, since there was no literature that gave any clues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2015 9:14 AM PST

Seventh Generation Dish Liquid, Free & Clear, 25-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
Seventh Generation Dish Liquid, Free & Clear, 25-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
Price: $20.94
21 used & new from $17.25

2.0 out of 5 stars One-third the power of Dawn, January 17, 2015
In order to get anything near the cleaning power I used to get with Dawn, I now am up to using 3x as much of 7G. And still it isn't the same. I am getting grunge on the backs of plates and silverware. This never happened before. What do I do, wash them with bleach periodically? That doesn't sound like a safe thing to do either, so what have I gained with this natural product that is inferior?

I wish the natural products industry all the best, but on practical terms, I am stuck with six bottles of a product that I feel I have to work against to get good results.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2015 11:35 AM PST

A Diary of Signs and Wonders
A Diary of Signs and Wonders
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing; a faithful and fruitful ministry, September 7, 2014
Etter is truly refreshing. Here you will read about signs and wonders well before the (re)birth of the Pentecostal movement in 1900. And Etter had impeccable doctrine and led a squeaky-clean life. This is a study on what is achievable when a person says Yes to God, even in the face of what initially seems to be impossible opposition.

Gillette Mach3 Sensitive Disposables, 6 Count
Gillette Mach3 Sensitive Disposables, 6 Count
Price: $14.97
3 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, September 7, 2014
Very good. I was hoping to use the heads off this item on my vibrating M3 unit, but couldn't see how to get them off intact. But this is quite usable as-is.

Next Level Mens Premium Fitted Short-Sleeve Crew
Next Level Mens Premium Fitted Short-Sleeve Crew
Price: $1.54 - $30.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 7, 2014
Excellent quality for the price. Good fit, with a bit of elasticity. Color fast. The only drawback I see is the tag at the back of the neck is narrow and long, making it easy to become rumpled or to flip up and stick out. This would be an obvious place to make an improvement on the product.

ACDelco 213-2848 Professional Heated Oxygen Sensor
ACDelco 213-2848 Professional Heated Oxygen Sensor
Price: $126.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, September 7, 2014
This is a good and economical choice. My Volvo S60 still has some surging at idle, but it's minor and I've detected no other problems. And I'm not entirely sure the surging is due to the O2 sensor. I definitely would buy again. Thanks.

KYB  334611 Excel-G OE Replacement Strut