Profile for Valerie B > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Valerie B "Valerie B" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Supermodel's Best Friend
The Supermodel's Best Friend
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars just....dumb, February 16, 2014
Read 51 pages of the stereotypical plot line of women chasing men. Women in their 30's because they need to have babies, their clocks are ticking

One man rich wary of his woman's motives....yawn...boring...been done....and super offensive.

One man, poor, bad childhood decides no kids, but runs a program for disadvantaged kids. C'mon. Stupid. Chased by a woman newly dumped by her fiancé for wanting too much sex

Dumb premise(s). And offensive.

12 Replacement Charcoal Water Filters For Cuisinart Coffee Machine
12 Replacement Charcoal Water Filters For Cuisinart Coffee Machine
Offered by Coffee and Toy
Price: $8.30
21 used & new from $2.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal works great, February 7, 2014
Great price!!!! Works just as well as the name brand. Cheap price high quality. Just the way I like it.

Sistema 656 ml Soup Mug
Sistema 656 ml Soup Mug
Price: $6.99
15 used & new from $6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes I like it, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Sistema 656 ml Soup Mug (Kitchen)
I was looking for something that I could carry soup in after heating it up. Pit holders and such are not accessible in working environment. This is great. Bought one and turned around and bought another. Good price here same as target.

Be award of the overheating. It will make the liquid of soup boil out if the top vent. So don't overheat-no problem will occur. The company also warns cream based or cheese soups may stain or damage. I haven't experienced any damage tho, with medium heat settings

Good product. Got their steamer and live it too!

Home for the Holidays: A Night Huntress Novella
Home for the Holidays: A Night Huntress Novella
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great little installment to the series, January 18, 2014
I am a fan of the Cat and Bones series, and this short story is really very good.
Cat and Bones are looking forward to a little downtime. The holiday day season is approaching, no one is trying to kill them, and their friends are arriving to stay and visit.
One visitor shows up unexpectedly. And is he or isn't he a relation to someone....? The end will surprise you, of whom is related to whom. Well written fast paced. And I don't feel gypped as I have with other authors...I don't feel it is a short story hastily written to keep readers interested. Good, good installment!

Until Death Do Us Part: A Kismet Knight Mini-Story
Until Death Do Us Part: A Kismet Knight Mini-Story
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little story, January 18, 2014
I read the first book a few years ago. Was good; thought I would read the freebie short story. Good as well. Would I buy the next book in the series. Maybe. I think they have been rewritten or reedited, the covers are different. Less serious. Hm makes me wonder if second boom would make sense in the story line

Galilee Rising (The Galilee Falls Trilogy)
Galilee Rising (The Galilee Falls Trilogy)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Joanna Fallon evolves into a character I enjoy reading, January 11, 2014
The story picks up whereas Justice is gone and Joanna Fallon has fallen apart. Alcoholic, no longer a detective, no longer in a relationship due to her own questionable liaison(s) with other men. Rich beyond belief, but one of the most unhappy women in Galilee Falls, no purpose to it, cynicism driving her view on life. So, sounds depressing, no?
It's not. Along come three supes new to Galilee. And Joanna has the computer, the money, and police resources to assist them in their quest to negate criminals from Galilee Falls. They need her. And I as a reader quickly realize she needs them.
Good snappy, and at times the snarky, dialogue I have come to expect from Ms. Harlow. And a surprising inclusion of the protagonist from the last story.....ah I think there is another ending coming up for that acid man. Not a good one.
Well written. I am a huge fan of Jennifer Harlow Galilee series. I think you will be to. More than urban fantasy. Enjoyable, fast paced and absorbing. You should read!

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Sixth Season
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Sixth Season
DVD ~ Johnny Galecki
Price: $17.99
38 used & new from $13.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Season after season, always great entertainment, December 31, 2013
Always entertaining. Very funny very well written. I hate sitcoms. But not this show. I got hooked last year and now own all the seasons. I have watched each season at least twice.

Gets me curious about physics - a good thing

Buy this DVD for one main reason: the entire cast is at comic con or paleyfest and they are speaking about their roles. Favorite question to Malim and Jim about Amy faking being sick and Sheldon's response. I laughed a lot!!! Very funny people. And you find out where "Soft Kitty" originated from 😄

In The Beginning... A Galilee Falls Short
In The Beginning... A Galilee Falls Short
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short!, November 28, 2013
Good short book for me. I liked the interaction between the author and Jennifer Fallon. It is well written.

I can say I LOVED the first book in the Galilee Series. Yes indeed, an very well written book that kept a good pace, did not get mired down in B*S* description filler. I digress......

IN this book, there is the first chapter in the next book. YAY! will hold me over until the book is released. Good teaser, and I am not frustrated that the book is not out yet. I like the anticipation and to know what is coming. The chapter is just as well written as the first book. I know will not disappoint.

MRM All Natural Whey, Vanilla, 2.03-Pound
MRM All Natural Whey, Vanilla, 2.03-Pound
Offered by Vitacost
Price: $23.49
6 used & new from $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, October 5, 2013
Closest Whey Protein I can find that does not contain wheat or sugar without being vegetable protein. Contains Trevia - boo! But not too much. I drink a shake every morning for breakfast with this in it. TERRIFIC PRICE. $10.00 lower than the store

DOWNSIDE: the repetitive delivery. I get once a month. Unfortunately, my post office will not deliver (why, who knows, they look at me blankly when I ask). So once a month I have to go to a huge US Postal Service facility across town to pick up. I have asked Amazon why they can't ship UPS. They state I have to have delivered at least 5 times before they consider that option. OK - WHY? I am a Prime member too. Furthermore, they encourage you to have auto-delivery on 5 items to save 15%. Well, that is meaningless if I can't get delivery to my door. If I have to drive to pick up packages at the US Postal Service - defeats the purpose of the convenience of delivery to door. Ridiculous.

A Shade of Vampire
A Shade of Vampire
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, August 31, 2013
**got as a freebie****

I enjoyed this book IMMENSELY. I am an adult female, and more tune into paranormal, the action and romance, or just paranormal action or mystery.

This book has all of those, to some degree. FIRST, let me say how well written it is. The description of The Shade, I can picture in my mind, the dialogue is not forced, it is appropriate for the characters, there is no meaningless conflict between characters, characters are...DIFFERENT, and the story is new.

Point in fact, I have received a few freebies, after asking for them on Goodreads. Sadly, they have been subpar. The character development was severely lacking. A Shade Of Vampire does not have that problem. Each character is thought out, and different. The only way to explain it is, there is conflict based on not only the story, but on the unique race and cultural differences. The vampires and humans are culturally different, and the author builds on that, in a intriguing way.

The story is new: meaning, this is the introduction from the world, and now that Derek Novak is up and about, what's next? Why was he awakened? Who needs him? Who is the true enemy to be revealed? Are there more than one?

These questions remain unanswered in book one. I have to read book two. I hope you take this review positively, and read the books, as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13