Profile for Valerie B > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 142

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Valerie B "Valerie B" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Doctor Wears A Stetson (The Diamondback Ranch Original Series, Book 1)
The Doctor Wears A Stetson (The Diamondback Ranch Original Series, Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars not my cup of tea, March 20, 2015
Too many inconsistencies in the story. Sorry to say what really made me stop reading was Jessica stating she was "protected" when she was about to have sex with Cameron. And she wasn't on the pill. She said this because TR her dead husband didn't get her pregnant. Harsh but I'm gonna say it: that's just stupid. Women are not that dumb!!

Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain Series Book 6)
Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain Series Book 6)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not interesting, March 10, 2015
This is a tough review fir me to write. I like the author so much.

I did not enjoy reading this book. The plot was a bit forced, was an unbelievable premise/mystery. I figured out the plot about halfway through. Deck is a great strong character. Em is not. I actually scoffed at some of her thoughts.
*spoilers*. Hated that Em slept with her current boyfriend a few days before getting together with Deck. DISPISED that Em stayed in contact with her childhood kidnapper. That was un-friggin-believable! Truly a misstep.

I didn't like Jagged either, for the same reasons. The plot was so out there it was boring, uninteresting, a true yawner. I did not finish Jagged. I did finish Kaleidoscope, and it was not a feel good moment. I just did not like the Em character.

That said, another point: does anyone besides me realize that ALL the female characters have been kidnapped in all Kristen Ashley's books? Sometimes multiple times? I like this author and I hope she steers away from this premise in the future. She's done damsel-in-distress-by-kidnapping too many times.

The One You Want (Original Heartbreakers)
The One You Want (Original Heartbreakers)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, soft read, March 1, 2015
This book was a nice quick read (2 hours). Not normally something I read nowadays, but I can never turn down a Showalter.

Soft: the book takes place in a small town. The female lead is an attractive 23 year old Kenna has a poor reputation in town. Partly due to her mother, partly due to having a child at 17. Rich bad boy Dane returns to town, and sparks between Kenna and Dane ensue. Recipe is not original, but the book is cute and well written.

Good read for the 20 something romantic women out there. Not bad for women over that age, inclined to sweet romances. Old school Harlequin is what thus reminds me if. My tastes run to action mystery adventure and paranormal; I find I still enjoyed this book.

Thanks for the freebie from Amazon.

Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville Book 4)
Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville Book 4)
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good installment, February 28, 2015
This series is a good read. Not action packed but it moved along nicely. This particular installment finally resolved the Kitty and Ben living situation. Including the city. I was happy with that. The conflict resolution meandered along. I guessed the resolution and the ending. Which is fine for this series. It's a well written series and not plagued with stupid people doing stupid things. With the exception of Detective Hardin. She needs positive development. She is muddling through dangerous situations. I myself in her place and I would not do the idiotic things she does. And says.

Precarious (Jokers' Wrath, Book 1)
Precarious (Jokers' Wrath, Book 1)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not big on plot, February 26, 2015
This book was more about the erotic sex scenes. The plot was thrown in. Reading it, I truly got the impression the sex scenes were written first, plot thrown in. The book was well written, no glaring errors.

Now, for the part that I found distasteful. In the first sexual encounter were there is actual colitis, Ash slaps Krypt. She does it as foreplay. That does not work for me. He doesn't expect it, not did he ask for it. The slap came from him telling her he liked it rough. Slapping someone is domestic violence. The scene was also unbelievable as Krypt does Ash so hard it's painful. No. Just no.

Spoiler: threesome of Ash, Krypt, and Maddox near the end if the book was irrelevant. I don't like threesomes. To each their own, but I do not like reading about it. The scene was mild, Ash only performed orally on Maddox while Krypt did his thing, and I skipped over most of it

There was not a lot of character backstory either. Joanna Wylde's Reaper series is far superior. This is erotica, not a story. Three stars because in the genre if erotica, it is well written.

Bones: Season 9
Bones: Season 9
DVD ~ David Boreanaz
Price: $17.99
23 used & new from $15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Good season, February 24, 2015
This review is from: Bones: Season 9 (DVD)
I am a devoted Bones fan. I liked Season 9 better than 8. The reason being is the main protagonist in Season 8 was just too evil, and things were depressing as those episodes rarely ended on a happy note - the good guys always lost. I find Season 9 that the witty repartee is back, humor is to be found. I like Bones dad returns, Christine and Michael are two cute toddlers in the background, and Hodges is as smart as ever.

Reaper's Property (Reapers Motorcycle Club Book 1)
Reaper's Property (Reapers Motorcycle Club Book 1)
Price: $7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good first book, but the rest of the series is darned good, February 24, 2015
Ok - this first book - borrow from library if you must read it. It is poorly edited, and not a strong story. It was confusing to read because of the way it is edited. I found myself rereading sentences to figure out what was being said.

BUT - read the rest of the series!!!! Published by another, great storylines, and very engaging sex scenes. If you want your fix of motorcycle clubs, and the guys that are a part of that, the rest of the series will grab you. I just finished the fourth in the series, and it was a 5 star.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7
The Big Bang Theory: Season 7
DVD ~ Johnny Galecki
Price: $16.99
37 used & new from $12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely Entertaining, January 22, 2015
Such an under appreciated series by the academies. This program remains original, in both story lines and humor. I don't watch situational comedies. Except this one. I cannot guess where they are going and the punch lines. It's fantastic. Supremely entertaining. I have all seasons on DVD and pop them in when nothing else on is worth watching. So yeah, these get a LOT of play.

A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One
A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, October 12, 2014
I was expecting girl finds man, major conflict between them, a stubbornness of the woman to listen to the man, trouble, and then they find each other.
That didn't happen.

Beatrice is a university student and part time librarian. She meets Giovanni as he comes into the library to translate an ancient text for a friend. Soon, Beatrice discovers who, what he is, and what really happened to her father long ago.

But Giovanni has a long standing enemy that wants Beatrice, in order to lure Beatrice's father back to him.

Some action-adventure. No intimate sex scenes. I liked this book, but reading the "teaser" of the next book, the next book should have been included. It feels I have read half a book. Not I lot of the main conflict was resolved and I am unsure if I will read the next book, unless I get it for free. I invested a lot of time in a Kristen Painter's Commarre series, only to experience major frustration as I am into book five and the evil character Tatiana hasn't been neutralized. I will not go through that again. Reading a joyless series is not my preference. Where the good guys take major hits and the bad guys win a lot. My preference as I said.

Hopefully book 2 will not do that to me!

Extraction (Kindle Single) (Pendergast series)
Extraction (Kindle Single) (Pendergast series)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars what a thrill, October 11, 2014
A short story about the Pendergast boys and the tooth fairy. It's a wonder if I can sleep tonight.

Where do these stories come from, oh authors?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15