Profile for TheBandit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 401

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheBandit RSS Feed (SEA-TAC)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Formula with Mango Dental Chews for Small to Medium Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.18
23 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves 'em, keeps her busy for a few minutes, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog loves these and I feel that Natural Balance is a trustworthy company. This is a grain-free product that is intended as a treat only. I'm not sure how small dogs would handle these. Mine is about 50 lbs and has no issues getting through one of these. They're very chewy and meant to aid in dental health. As any of these types of treats that are meant to help keep teeth clean and stimulate gums, it's hard to tell if that is actually happening. But she seems to really enjoy them and they are tough enough to keep her busy for a few minutes. Don't give this to you dog on your way out the door or when you can pay close attention to them. If they try to consume it too fast, it's the kind of dense treat that can easily get stuck in the throat.

Creative Sound Blaster R3 USB Audio Recording and Streaming Kit (includes microphone)
Price: $79.00
9 used & new from $72.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little portable system for recording live music, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This unit is a great way for musicians and singers to make web-ready home recordings very quickly. Perhaps one of the neatest aspects of this system is how compact it is, with the recording device being smaller than the include microphone. This makes recording in close quarters very convenient. The sound quality is absolutely acceptable for this type of product, making it a great option for beginning performers who simply want a reliable way to record vocal, or a solo instrument, over a backing track (which can be added via mobile device). In other words, singer-guitarists are ideal, but I have used this to record horn solos over pre-existing backing tracks (i.e. practice play-along recordings). So don't make the mistake of thinking this for guitarists and/or vocalists only.

The software is a simple download and has a relatively easy-to-use interface. The interface will allow the user to tweak the EQ and such, while the "modes" allow for singing on-line karaoke, chatting, broadcasting online, or recording off-line. The hardware, as easily seen in the photo, basically consists of a reverb dial (on the left side) and a playback volume dial (on the right side). There are two mic inputs on the front of the unit, along with a headphone jack. On the back of the unit there are line-out, line-in, and mobile-in jacks, plus a USB port. The USB connects to your computer or laptop and that's about all there is to it. You don't have to use the included microphone if you have something better or preferable, but it's nice to have one in the package. Acoustic players will love the clip-on guitar mic that is included.

Note: DC power adapter is available separately.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Mini-Rewards Duck Formula Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $10.94
8 used & new from $4.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good product from Natural Balance, September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I generally like Natural Balance treats, they are quality products with mostly good ingredients. In this case, these duck-based, semi-moist mini-rewards are not grain-free (nor do they claim to be). No corn, wheat, or soy, so I've made the exception to serve these to my normally grain-free pointer. Perhaps needless to say, considering her appetite, she loves them. There is rice flour in it, which I generally avoid for her, but considering these are - as the name specifically says - "mini" rewards, I don't see it as a problem (if your dog has grain allergies, of course, that's a different story).

By "mini," these are tiny pellets. That's the point though, just a small way to positively reinforce good behavior (if you believe in that type of training, schools of thought vary). I end up using these just as a small treat, giving her a few of them. If I had my druthers, there would be no cane molasses or sucrose in these, but again the treats are small. Overall it's a good product.

Epson WorkForce WF-7620 Wireless and WiFi Direct, All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CC97201)
Price: $229.99
9 used & new from $224.98

5.0 out of 5 stars What a versatile piece of equipment, August 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For anyone (like myself) accustomed to small home printers, this Epson WF-7620 is immediately impressive due to its sheer size. The delivery service apparently managed to put a nasty gauge in the box (it ships just in the retail packaging). I forklift prong (I presume) went all the way through the box, leaving what turned out to be a mercifully superficial scuff on one panel of the printer itself. It's a heavy, huge box and the printer/copier/scanner/fax machine itself (yes, it does it all pretty much) is also heavy and huge when set up. My normal computer console, with its small-ish designated printer shelf area, was not able to contain this machine. Depending on your needs, this may simply be too much printer for the average home computer user.

Setup was almost as easy as possible, with a seemingly idiot-proof, follow-the-pictures guide to configuring the unit after installing the printer cartridges. I ran into some snags for some reason setting up my WiFi connection but I think that was more to do with my own semi-ineptitude than anything else (for some reason, after configuration, my laptop would only initially recognize the WF-7620 as a Fax machine and it took reconfiguring . The touch control screen is a nice feature. Resolution looks very impressive when printing out either text or images. This is the first printer I've owned that has the ability to accommodate a wide variety of paper sizes, all the way up to 13" by 19". I don't personally have much call for that but if you do, just know the loading tray makes it really easy to adjust for larger paper. It's great to be able to connect via WiFi to print from mobile devices. There is not USB cord included, so if you want a wired connection you need to either have one handy or pick one up. Same with ethernet cable. The starter ink cartridges are intended for just that - starters. New ink cartridges are not exactly cheap, I haven't determined yet (haven't had the printer long enough) how much mileage you can get out of the cartridges.

Photo printing is great, at least for general use. I'm sure there are going to be better results from printers designed for that specific purpose, but if generally speaking the photos come out very good when printed on photo paper. Scanning quality seems quite good too, though maybe a little on the slow side (might just be when using with WiFi connection, I haven't yet done much with this when using a wired connection). But the results are what count most and I've nothing to complain about there. I don't personally have much (if any) use for faxing, but I sent and received a fax just as a test and it was all good as well.

The only thing I didn't quite love was that, as a whole, the unit feels a bit rickety. It has been holding up well and everything works, I just think on a superficial level this plastic-shelled unit could feel a little sturdier. If you're going to move, be sure to pack it up real well. It arrives well packaged though, all taped up (the many strips of blue tape are easy to remove), there's just a lot of moving parts on this thing and you'll definitely want to handle with care. I can see many elderly or generally weak individuals having extreme trouble moving the Epson WF-7620.

Garden of Life Kind Organics Plant Calcium, 90 Organic Tablets
Garden of Life Kind Organics Plant Calcium, 90 Organic Tablets
Offered by Jade Direct
Price: $23.57
11 used & new from $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars this seems to be a very good product. I won't bother to repeat the already ..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My bottle didn't have any cotton padding, resulting in quite a few of these tablets being broken. That makes it hard to get an accurate dose, since no one will want to try to find the exact match for each broken tab. Other than that, this seems to be a very good product. I won't bother to repeat the already excellent description listed here, but it's worth emphasizing that this is a unique product. I'm referring to this: "the FIRST and ONLY Plant Calcium that is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified and from real, nutritious foods" (okay, so I did end up repeating something from the description). It's easy on the stomach - I have never had any particular reaction following ingesting one. But you're supposed to take this three times a day, which can be quite a chore to remember if you're used to a once-daily supplement.

I don't have any way to gauge the relative effectiveness of this product. Am I retaining the all-natural, all-plant-derived calcium, or is it just passing through my system? I can't possibly say. I'm almost through with the bottle and based on the cost I probably wouldn't continue using it. That's not a slight against the product or its makers, I just find it expensive and I'd prefer to make sure I'm consuming lots of calcium-rich foods and beverages. Maybe that makes me a fool, maybe it doesn't.

New Balance Women's W840v2 Running Shoe,Silver/Purple,8 B US
New Balance Women's W840v2 Running Shoe,Silver/Purple,8 B US
Offered by If the Shoe Fits
Price: $109.95
2 used & new from $109.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat pricey, but very comfortable, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far these have held up for my wife as a durable, comfortable pair of sneakers. My wife is generally accustomed to bargain-hunting for more value-priced brand name tennis/running shoes, so the price tag on this New Balance pair would normally be enough to scare her away (me too). But given the opportunity to take them for a test drive (so to speak), she found them extremely comfortable. Heel cushioning was notably more effective than lower-priced, but generally similar, shoes. In fact, the most important aspect in assessing this pair was the observation that foot soreness/fatigue after heavy usage (exercising, jogging, long walks) was much less in the New Balance than cheaper shoes. So the quality definitely seems to justify the higher price tag. Regular, everyday wear has not (so far) resulted in any noteworthy fraying or degradation in the tread, nor the stitching/seams.

The silver/purple design is bland but not unattractive. The silver (might as well say 'gray') is not a color my wife would normally choose, but the benefit is that normal scuffy and dirty accumulation doesn't really show up, instead blending in with the non-white color. To sum it up, this is an expensive shoe for anyone used to picking up sneakers at a wholesale club for 30-40 bucks. But the fit is exactly was expected and the snug support and agreeable level of sole cushioning make these cautiously worth the investment.

Kenneth Cole Reaction Easy To Remember, Black, One Size
Kenneth Cole Reaction Easy To Remember, Black, One Size
Price: $83.33
5 used & new from $75.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, plenty of storage space, comfortable to wear as backpack, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A "checkpoint-friendly" laptop case (it unzips all the way around in the middle, able to lie flat in an open position on an airport x-ray belt), this Kenneth Cole Reaction case is excellent. It functions conveniently as a backpack, a well-padded and comfortable one. My 15.6 " laptop fit comfortably in the main laptop compartment (the tag states this is the maximum size the bag was designed for). With the way it unzips in half to lie flat on an x-ray belt, the selling point is that one needed remove the laptop in order to get past airport security.

The bag is absolutely loaded with pockets and compartments, with places to store external drives, a cell phone, paperwork, and whatever else you can fit inside. It's not designed as an overnight carry-on, meaning that clothes or personal effects aren't really going to work. This is strictly a computer/business bag. There's a zipper on the bottom end that unzips only to expand the room within the bag. I loaded this thing up with an absurd amount of stuff, including a tablet, phone, software, AC cable, paper files/magazines, iPod, and more - yes, it was heavy but the whole thing was easy to wear and/or carry (there's a sturdy, padded, reinforced handle). You're not going to want to throw it around or drop it (hopefully), but the padding does seem sufficient for keeping things safe under normal, relatively careful usage.

This is ultimately going to be a bit pricey for a lot of people's budget but it does seem well-built enough to stand up to vigorous, frequent usage. I'm glad to be able to upgrade from the thinner laptop carrying bag I previously used.

Kernel Season's Movie Theatre Butter for Popping & Topping Popcorn, 10 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 2)
Price: $17.53

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice enhancement for popcorn when used occasionally, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, Kernel Season is determined to turn popcorn from a relatively healthy snack into an occasional indulgence - but I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Between this popping oil their White Cheddar Seasoning, I feel like my normal popcorn has just exited black-and-white Kansas and stepped into Technicolor Oz. An overstatement? Perhaps, but honestly I have been using both products every time since they arrived. Normally I air pop completely plain kernels, spray with a dusting of cooking spray (like Pam) and then lighly salt. It's good but a bit basic - I've gotten used to it.

Along comes this stuff. I've tried it as both a topping and to cook in. If you top your popcorn with it, be prepared for mild frustration. You know how when you get movie theater popcorn and after the top layer of savory butter-flavoring you get a bunch of dry popcorn? Same effect here unless you completely go overboard (remember: it's still better, nutritionally, than at the cinema - they first pop their corn in oil, and then top it with butter-flavored oil). I find that my cooking spray method provides a more even coating for salt or seasoning powder to adhere to. I do like this oil for popping the corn in - though I only plan to do that occasionally as a treat.

The actual flavor of this oil is pretty mild and subtle, maybe not as outright buttery as one might expect. But it does taste good and work as an excellent enhancement to what would otherwise be dry popcorn.

Kernel Season's White Cheddar Seasoning, 8.5 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 2)
Kernel Season's White Cheddar Seasoning, 8.5 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 2)
Price: $20.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it on popcorn, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've found this works best on what it was apparently primarily designed for: popcorn. The powder is extremely fine and will coat popcorn very easily after applying it and shaking it up a bit. But a word to the wise: add it to PLAIN popcorn, not the stuff that's already packaged in microwavable bags. I generally microwave plain, unadulterated kernels in one of those microwavable popcorn bowls that requires no oil or anything. Then I'll use a little butter-flavored cooking spray on the popcorn, which allows salt or other seasoning to stick to it. This saves a lot of calories by not cooking in oil.

The reason I suggest using this on plain popcorn is that it's plenty salty already and will be overkill when added to already-seasoned, pre-bagged microwave popcorn. It's quite high in sodium, so I suggest using in moderation anyway. This is so good tasting though, I've been using it every time I've made popcorn ever since I got it. I usually lightly salt (or garlic salt) my popcorn anyway, so by using this seasoning I don't need any extra salt at all - not by a long shot. The white cheddar flavor is rich and tangy and this really enhances popcorn.

I've sprinkled a little in soup, on salad, and on vegetables and the results have been more mixed. I don't really take salt on vegetables and soup usually has plenty of sodium already (pre-made, at least) so I personally won't be using this powder on those types of things. But it's definitely a winner on popcorn, so much so that I'll have to exercise some discipline not to coat every batch I make.

PetSafe indigo Fresh Dental Sauce, Hint of Mint
PetSafe indigo Fresh Dental Sauce, Hint of Mint
Offered by mariester
Price: $2.99
15 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in and sourced from U.S., June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I double-checked the people at PetSafe to make sure, this "dental sauce" is made in the U.S. (which the product packaging clearly states) and according to them the ingredients are sourced from within the U.S. as well. I'm taking them at their word on this, with no other viable option (note: they probably should specify "sourced from" on their website and product packaging). I was initially told that the green tea extract is imported from parts unknown, but was later assured in a follow-up that it's also from the U.S. (I this info is genuinely on the level). It's no good when some companies import Chinese pet food/treat ingredients and proclaim "U.S. Made!" just because it was literally assembled here. So luckily that's not that case, since I won't serve any pet food/treat to my dog that comes from China. It's nice to see a company called PetSafe taking its name seriously.

As for the dental sauce itself, it contains no wheat, corn, or soy, but keep in mind it is not grain-free as there is rice flour. I've been giving a shot of it mixed in my dog's dry kibble. It's safe to say she loves it, to the point where she licks the bowl clean. I'm less certain about how effective it is for oral hygiene, just because I don't know how to gauge that. Supposedly this product will help freshen breath while keeping teeth cleaner. I have yet to notice a breath-freshening effect, but perhaps that comes only with more time using the product? My dog didn't have a particular problem with bad breath to begin with, making her not the ideal test subject.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20